Yankees Tragic Number Thread

Jet/BosoxFan

If the Yankees dont have any pitching then what do the Red Sox have? Curt Shelling? Bronson Arroyo? Tim Wakefield? Gimme a break, the Sox are where they are because of there offense. And the Yankees also have a lot to thank their offense for. However, Randy Johnson is pitching much better, Jaret Wright has been going pretty good, Chacon has been unbelievable, and not to mention Wang is coming back. The Yankees certainly can beat Boston and the White Sox and the Angels. There are no unbelievably strong teams in the AL and the pennant will certainly be up for grabs.

Your arrogance is f'ing hilarious though. I can't wait to see you when the Sox lose in the playoffs though. I find it hard to believe that you actually believe that drivel that you post. Nobody could really be that dumb.

Touche'

The Yankees are as solid as any team that will be in the post-season this year. From a pitching standpoint, only Chicago is markedly better, but that is offset by their very anemic offense. The other teams are either slightly better to slightly worse, pitching-wise. And, offensively, a solid argument can be made that the Yankees are #1 or #2 in the AL, with the Bosox in the other slot.

So, to say they have little, or no chance, as was inferred above, is ludicrous.

I have a confession to make - although a Sox run to another WS would be fanatstic - I actually don't care anymore. It's football season and MY TEAM is on a quest to be the best once again. GO PATS!

Shhh............

Don't let JBF hear you. This will give him an opening to lambast the world.

Love how the money gets thrown in. So it would be better if Steinbrenner pocketed the money rather than plow his 4 million+ gate in ticket sales back into the team? And he's building the new stadium. What exacly is Wilpon's big plan-begging the City?

Steinbrenner is damned either way-he makes more than anyone. ANd whther he spends it on the team or keeps it, he'd get slagged. And I haven't heard of any other owner kicking in $1 million for Katrina relief.

The mewling especially rich coming from not-so-far-behind Sawx fans. Martinez and Schilling were salary dumps; lucky you. You guys are no better. And of course we have the fans of the worst team money can buy in the NL year-after-year, your top NL salary team, the New York Mets.

I have a confession to make - although a Sox run to another WS would be fanatstic - I actually don't care anymore. It's football season and MY TEAM is on a quest to be the best once again. GO PATS!

You know Sux fans have thrown in the towel when they turn their attention to football. My trolley driver in Boston was singing the same song last week.

I think my Yankees cap scared him.

Archived