Per Ditka Cindy has rabbit ears

afosomf

One mouth ain't dropping to his knees and genuflecting - ESPN's Mike Ditka. Shortly after New England whipped Pittsburgh, Ditka was on "SportsCenter" trashing Brady, basically calling him a thin-skinned jerk, for getting in the face of Steelers safety Anthony Smith (last week he "guaranteed" a Pittsburgh win) after hitting Randy Moss with a 4-yard TD pass.

Ditka, never known for concealing anger, wondered if "Johnny Unitas" or "Bart Starr" would react to comments voiced by a backup player with just two years in the league. Brady, Ditka said, has a severe case of "rabbit ears."

"Don't worry about the opponent, and what he said, because what he (Smith) said, he's got to back (it) up," Ditka explained. "That kid had no ability to back it up. Brady should have brushed it off as nothing.

"So," Ditka continued, "(for Brady) to take it to another degree, to acknowledge it, you're just as wrong as him."

See, in Ditka's world, a flawless season cannot cover up the character flaws of the quarterback engineering it.

To be honest, if i was harrison i would have taken him out right then and there!!!

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mike Ditka who screwed over Walter Peyton and had The Fridge score a TD (running up the score, I may add) late in the 4th to help CRUSH the Pats in '86 - Mike Ditka who threw away a whole draft for Ricky Williams and made the cover of SI in a wedding dress. That Mike Ditka? Yah, he's credible.

Mike Ditka who screwed over Walter Peyton and had The Fridge score a TD (running up the score, I may add) late in the 4th to help CRUSH the Pats in '86 - Mike Ditka who threw away a whole draft for Ricky Williams and made the cover of SI in a wedding dress. That Mike Ditka? Yah, he's credible.

do you think Walter Peyton sat there saying "damn I wish I scored that TD instead of the Fridge. Man my career was ruined on that play"?

do you think Walter Peyton sat there saying "damn I wish I scored that TD instead of the Fridge. Man my career was ruined on that play"?

No, I don't think that at all. I think that Mike Ditka is an arse though (now) and for doing that (then). Lets see, hall of famer rb in the making - a loyal Bear - scoring in the SB, or scoring off a "gimmick" play with the team clown for chuckles.

no mike ditka, former head coach of the chicago bears. a man among men who merely called a spade a spade when slapping down tom brady

The same Mike Ditka that is leading the fight along with the likes of Joe Delamilure lead the fight for the retired players ? You know, the one's that barely can walk now because the left body parts on the field. The one's who are now basically scoffed at by Brady and the rest of the NFL today ?

Yeah you are right Garb he is a complete douche.

The same Mike Ditka that is leading the fight along with the likes of Joe Delamilure lead the fight for the retired players ? You know, the one's that barely can walk now because the left body parts on the field. The one's who are now basically scoffed at by Brady and the rest of the NFL today ?

Yeah you are right Garb he is a complete douche.

touche!!! and with that a POTW

I worked with a former NFL from the packers and all the retired Players love Ditka and can't stand Upshaw!!!!!!!

No, I don't think that at all. I think that Mike Ditka is an arse though (now) and for doing that (then). Lets see, hall of famer rb in the making - a loyal Bear - scoring in the SB, or scoring off a "gimmick" play with the team clown for chuckles.

uhh, glass houses. dumb *****.

if he is an ass, what does that make belidick?

uhh, glass houses. dumb *****.

if he is an ass, what does that make belidick?

.....I've never said BB is a class act. Great coach, kind of an arsehole. That said, his gadget plays had history in mind - Fluties (barf) drop kick and Testeverde's TD (as well as the fact that VT was his beneficiary in Cleveland after he benched Kosar). The Fridge's TD was a side show.

.....I've never said BB is a class act. Great coach, kind of an arsehole. That said, his gadget plays had history in mind - Fluties (barf) drop kick and Testeverde's TD (as well as the fact that VT was his beneficiary in Cleveland after he benched Kosar). The Fridge's TD was a side show.

so you hate Ditka because of the Fridge TD???????????????????

ditka is doing far more for the players than Mumbles ever will? One may go to heaven the other one is going some place nice and toasty!!!

1st rodney harrison gets in billiks face.......tommy throws a hissy fit at a 2nd yr db. belly cheats in week 1 after spending the offseason cheating on his wife & his own team via fedx.

I ask you whats not to like? how dare ditka speak out ?

the pats are all class I tell ya

I have no idea.

I have no idea.

Your hatred of all things Patsies makes you less than a impartial observer. Same here. Lets just agree to disagree.

ditka is good for the NFL players.....retired ones... he is fighting for them

Ditka was right on ... cindy needs to show some class, he let a punk

who will be out of the league in a year get to him, again harrison should have clocked him right then and there.. the fight would have been classic.:box:

BTW other players have been penalized for taunting like this, clearly that is what it was!! and you know it was miss Chick P

1st rodney harrison gets in billiks face.......tommy throws a hissy fit at a 2nd yr db. belly cheats in week 1 after spending the offseason cheating on his wife & his own team via fedx.

I ask you whats not to like? how dare ditka speak out ?

the pats are all class I tell ya

Lets also throw in the TO bird dances during the Super Bowl

The stomping on the Chargers logo in the AFC Playoffs last year.

Brady getting into Anthony Smith's face last week alone.

Of course though the Pats fan will tell you they had absolutely every right to do those things.

The only guy on that team that is even remotely likeable right now in my eyes is Bruschi who is an old school type of linebacker.

This team has dropped a LONGGGGGG way in class from those 2001 and 2003teams.

Lets also throw in the TO bird dances during the Super Bowl

The stomping on the Chargers logo in the AFC Playoffs last year.

Brady getting into Anthony Smith's face last week alone.

Of course though the Pats fan will tell you they had absolutely every right to do those things.

The only guy on that team that is even remotely likeable right now in my eyes is Bruschi who is an old school type of linebacker.

This team has dropped a LONGGGGGG way in class from those 2001 and 2003teams.

agreed. I actually liked the pats when they trotted out for the superbowl as a team.

how quickly they've fallen from classy to taunting scum

Loose cannon. Iron Mike sure has gotten kooky upstairs.

When he was playing, he would have done the exact same thing Brady did. When Ditka was a player/Coach for the Cowboys he would challenge 3 or 4 guys to fight him at once. As a HC, nobody went more ballistic than him on the sidelines.

Loose cannon. Iron Mike sure has gotten kooky upstairs.

When he was playing, he would have done the exact same thing Brady did. When Ditka was a player/Coach for the Cowboys he would challenge 3 or 4 guys to fight him at once. As a HC, nobody went more ballistic than him on the sidelines.

Incase you missed it we were talking about taunting - not going ballistic on the sidelines on your own players/coaches.

Thanks for your contribution though.

:rolleyes:

Blah, blah, blah......:yawn:

;)

Garb, we've had our differences in the past, but I have to agree with you on this. Probably, because I'm old enough to remember Ditka the player...I can't tell you the amount of times he got into it on the field. And secondly, for you guys here. Are you telling me if someone is getting in your face talking ****, you're not going to retaliate? If not, you guys are better than me.

Incase you missed it we were talking about taunting - not going ballistic on the sidelines on your own players/coaches.

Thanks for your contribution though.

Ditka was implying that Brady needed to show restraint at such a trivial matter. Like he would know what thats like. He threw a huge piece of chewing at a 49ers fan who heckled him as HC.

Pot calling the frying pan black.

Not surprised that went over your head.

Ditka was implying that Brady needed to show restraint at such a trivial matter. Like he would know what thats like. He threw a huge piece of chewing at a 49ers fan who heckled him as HC.

Pot calling the frying pan black.

Not surprised that went over your head.

funny how you twist things

A smith is a nobody and that is why ditka said he should show constraint

if it was Joey Porter or Troy P spouting off then his tune would have changed.

It's not like one of his peers took a shot at him, his rabbitt ears made him look

stupid

funny how you twist things

A smith is a nobody and that is why ditka said he should show constraint

if it was Joey Porter or Troy P spouting off then his tune would have changed.

It's not like one of his peers took a shot at him, his rabbitt ears made him look

stupid

What does it matter that he's a nobody? He couldn't keep his mouth shut before, during, or after the game. I'm sure Brady told him to GFY himself.

watch Mike Vrabel get three TDs in the superbowl :rolleyes:

Archived