All-star vote thread

Jetsfan80

How does the current NL outfield destory the AL outfield. Maybe in defense, but not hitting.

i dont agree with that assumption, but heres how others might look at it:

regardless of which of these four you choose for the 3 slots, cabrera, jones, carlos lee, abreau are all power hitters who produce and have decent or superb averages

manny is producing just as much but hitting .273, damon is hitting .330 but not for power, and i guess some people feel Vlad doesnt make up for that

i dont agree with that assumption, but heres how others might look at it:

regardless of which of these four you choose for the 3 slots, cabrera, jones, carlos lee, abreau are all power hitters who produce and have decent or superb averages

manny is producing just as much but hitting .273, damon is hitting .330 but not for power, and i guess some people feel Vlad doesnt make up for that

I actually went with OPS (on-base % + slugging %) largely to determine my all-star choices. Here is a list of some of the players I considered or selected and their OPS (my all-star selections in bold):

AL:

2B Brian Roberts: 1.052 (# 1 in the AL)

OF Vlad Guerrero: 1.016 (# 2 in the AL)

DH David Ortiz: .960 (# 5 in the AL)

DH Travis Hafner: .943 (# 6 in the AL)

SS Miguel Tejada: .968 (# 4 in the AL)

C Jason Varitek: .934 (# 7 in the AL)

1B Mark Teixeira: .930 (# 9 in the AL)

OF Manny Ramirez: .909 (# 11 in the AL)

3B Melvin Mora: .870 (# 13 in the AL)

3B A-Rod: 1.013 (# 3 in the AL)

OF Kevin Mench: .933 (# 8 in the AL)

SS Mike Young: .863 (# 16 in the AL)

OF Johnny Damon: .846 (# 19 in the AL)

SS Derek Jeter: .845 (# 20 in the AL)

2B Jorge Cantu: .825 (# 29 in the AL)

OF Carl Crawford: .724 (# 62 in the AL)

So looking back, Damon or Mench probably WERE more deserving to get the 3rd OF spot over Carl Crawford, but it was hard to ignore that he already has 24 SB and 44 RBI (he had just 59 ALL of last season) on a TERRIBLE D-Rays team.

NL:

1B Derrek Lee: 1.159 (# 1 in the MAJORS)

1B Albert Pujols: 1.025 (# 2 in the NL)

OF Bobby Abreu: .983 (# 3 in the NL)

OF Miguel Cabrera: .982 (# 4 in the NL)

OF Jim Edmonds: .973 (# 5 in the NL)

OF Andruw Jones: .955 (# 6 in the NL)

1B Nick Johnson: .952 (# 7 in the NL)

OF Jason Bay: .950 (# 9 in the NL)

3B Morgan Ensberg: .939 (# 11 in the NL)

2B Chase Utley: .916 (# 15 in the NL)

2B Jeff Kent: .902 (# 19 in the NL)

SS Felipe Lopez: .909 (# 17 in the NL)

OF Carlos Lee: .900 (# 20 in the NL)

3B David Wright: .885 (# 24 in the NL)

SS Billy Hall: .873 (# 27 in the NL)

C Mike Piazza: .770 (# 50 in the NL)

C Paul Loduca: .756 (# 53 in the NL)

C Michael Barrett: .773 (not enough plate appearances to qualify)

There, see? My Wright selection over Morgan Ensberg wasn't THAT crazy, and my Chase Utley selection over Jeff Kent is also legit. Sure, Utley can't hit lefties, but when he's played, he's played like a ROY and I think he deserved my vote over the veteran Kent, who has been there before.

Bonderman will make the team, no doubt in my mind. No way he is getting passed with Tram being on the all star coaching staff. Not to mention he deserves it. First tiger to win 10 games before hte break since Bill Gullickson.

Bonderman will make the team, no doubt in my mind. No way he is getting passed with Tram being on the all star coaching staff. Not to mention he deserves it. First tiger to win 10 games before hte break since Bill Gullickson.

is carlos guillen back yet? i had him on my fantasy team but last i checked he was on the DL again :x

Archived