Billy Beane's a crackhead

Barton

Newsday said Bean is asking for Robinson Cano, Eric Duncan AND Phillip Hughes for MARK KOTSAY

Sorry billy boy, Mark Kotsay isn't exactly Ken Griffey Jr back in 97'. I wouldn't even trade Cano or Hughes straight up for Kotsay. What a blowhard! Kotsay will be a free agent anyways.

This team right now can win, if they don't. Big deal, then rebuild in the offseason. But don't throw away more future stars just so we can make a run at this season, thats what a stupid GM would do.

Newsday said Bean is asking for Robinson Cano, Eric Duncan AND Phillip Hughes for MARK KOTSAY

Sorry billy boy, Mark Kotsay isn't exactly Ken Griffey Jr back in 97'. I wouldn't even trade Cano or Hughes straight up for Kotsay. What a blowhard! Kotsay will be a free agent anyways.

This team right now can win, if they don't. Big deal, then rebuild in the offseason. But don't throw away more future stars just so we can make a run at this season, thats what a stupid GM would do.

In related news the A's have righted their ship.

By no means am I a Billy Beane fan but the likes of Harden-Blanton and Haren with a bullpen of Street and Durosherer make the letting go of Hudson and Mulder look brilliant.

Why should he help team payroll? I mean how do you have 208 million dollar roster and no Center fielder?

In related news the A's have righted their ship.

By no means am I a Billy Beane fan but the likes of Harden-Blanton and Haren with a bullpen of Street and Durosherer make the letting go of Hudson and Mulder look brilliant.

Why should he help team payroll? I mean how do you have 208 million dollar roster and no Center fielder?

So... how does that make him a crackhead? The Yankees are in a desperate position and he's trying to take advantage. That makes him qutie smart, actually.

So... how does that make him a crackhead? The Yankees are in a desperate position and he's trying to take advantage. That makes him qutie smart, actually.

Stromshadow,

If Cashman offered woe-mack and a bag of rocks for kotsay Ericbarton50 would be saying he was a genius. Hence, point of view is everything. The yanks are desperate...so why not take advantage...that is survival of the fittest. After all, the yanks have been taking advantage of other teams for years...

LL

Stromshadow,

If Cashman offered woe-mack and a bag of rocks for kotsay Ericbarton50 would be saying he was a genius. Hence, point of view is everything. The yanks are desperate...so why not take advantage...that is survival of the fittest. After all, the yanks have been taking advantage of other teams for years...

LL

That's true... they do say what goes around, comes around.

Because Bean knows Cashman won't do that, so he's wasting his time.

Cano, Duncan and Hughes for Kotsay. What a joke

Screw trading for Mark Kotsay, he's not even great.

And I wouldn't be calling Cashman a genius if he offered womack and a bag of rocks for kotsay! Its only smart if the trade happened, and obviously that wouldn't! :roll:

The Yankees basically have two options.

1.) Trade Wang and/or Cano for outfield or Starting pitching help.

2.) Wait for teams to start their salary dumps and take on more "bad" contracts to try and save this season.

The Yanks are still close enough where they can correct their gaping holes but so far opposing GM's are savy enough to realize that the Yankees are desperate beggars as opposed to fine tuning for the stretch drive buyers.

I think Womack to San Diego can get them Dave Roberts and Womack and Wang may possibly get them Xavier Nady and Woody Williams.

Because Bean knows Cashman won't do that, so he's wasting his time.

Cano, Duncan and Hughes for Kotsay. What a joke

Screw trading for Mark Kotsay, he's not even great.

And I wouldn't be calling Cashman a genius if he offered womack and a bag of rocks for kotsay! Its only smart if the trade happened, and obviously that wouldn't! :roll:

Barton, how much do you want to bet that Cano is dealt for some middle-of-the-pack veteran CF?

Yankee Fans-Here is a simple fact-Other teams don't like you very much. If they are going to deal with you, they are going to attempt to hold you up, at least more than they will other clubs.

The history is clear with teh yankees-They will barter promising young talent to win now.

Let's just see how much panic sets in-Are they comfortable being an also ran this year and allowing a natural slow rebuilding to place over the next few years, or will it be a "we must win now" knee jerk

honest to god, I have zero money in my paypal account. I haven't sold anything on ebay for a looong time now, over a year I think.

But I don't think Cano is going anywhere. I'd avatar bet you, but you probably won't wanna do that.

That's true... they do say what goes around, comes around.

LOL!!! This is priceless

Show me an example where the Yankees have fleeced a team in a trade in recent years like last 10 or so.

Its the red sox who give up a bunch of bennch riding losers for an ace pitcher in curt schilling.

Yankees always give up talent for talent. Nick Johnson, Vazquez, Halsey, Westbrook, Soriano.

You guys don't make any sense.

LOL!!! This is priceless

Show me an example where the Yankees have fleeced a team in a trade in recent years like last 10 or so.

Its the red sox who give up a bunch of bennch riding losers for an ace pitcher in curt schilling.

Yankees always give up talent for talent. Nick Johnson, Vazquez, Halsey, Westbrook, Soriano.

You guys don't make any sense.

Wasn't Vazquez someone they bought?

For every Nick Johnson, there's a Juan Rivera. For every Soriano, there's a Drew Henson.

Son, you make very little sense, and you're making Yankee fans look bad. Real bad. Like how JBF makes Red Sox fans look.

Dude, the Yankees traded for Vazquez

And they gave up a great 1st baseman in Nick Johnson as well as OFer Juan Rivera and LHP randy choate.

Who did the Yankees get for Drew Henson? Denny Neagle didn't do crap for us. Then we ended up trading Willy Mo Pena back to cincy for Henson.

You don't have any examples to show that the Yankees have fleeced anybody in a trade in recent history.

Yankees make fair trades, and I'd be willing to bet Cashman would LOVE to go back in time and NOT make those trades.

Wasn't Vazquez someone they bought?

For every Nick Johnson, there's a Juan Rivera. For every Soriano, there's a Drew Henson.

Son, you make very little sense, and you're making Yankee fans look bad. Real bad. Like how JBF makes Red Sox fans look.

@sshole! Red Sox fans make themselves look bad, they dont need my help!

And what makes Wang Chung Ching...whatever the F his name is...so un-tradable? He is, I guess a halfway decent pitcher? Just because the rest of the rotation makes him look better doesnt mean he is that great. Now, Cano, I think, is GOING to be decent, but he is even MORE tradable than the aforementioned pitcher! Neither one of these guys are un-tradable, believe me.

Son, I am making very little sense?? :shock:

Your the dooshie who thought the Yankees signed Vazquez as a free agent when they traded for him.

And you still haven't come up with a trade that shows the Yankees have fleeced a team.

Your the one who comes out looking stupid this time around. :lol:

Was that trade bad management or good management?

Remember the Sox are INFAMOUS for trades that sh*t the bed so don't even try and bring us into the picture. Cough.......Ruth....Cough....Bagwell.

Was that trade bad management or good management?

Remember the Sox are INFAMOUS for trades that Sh#t the bed so don't even try and bring us into the picture. Cough.......Ruth....Cough....Bagwell.

Thats not the point. LL and SS said "oh the yankees always fleece people in trade, what goes around comes around blah blah blah", when in reality the Yankees probably give up too much or just fair enough for both sides. While in recent history the sox have been the ones raping other teams in trades. :lol:

Thats not the point. LL and SS said "oh the yankees always fleece people in trade, what goes around comes around blah blah blah", when in reality the Yankees probably give up too much or just fair enough for both sides. While in recent history the sox have been the ones raping other teams in trades. :lol:

Don't put words in my mouth. It wasn't about the fleecing people in trades. It's the buying talent thing, I was talking about. Buying ALOT of talent, to win. That never, ever wins... in any league. So, what goes around, comes around. It's all karma.

You definetly agreed with what LL said, ss.

Yeah, I did... they stole alot of team's talent, by signing them to huge free agent deals. Jason Giambi, Mike Mussina, Carl Pavano, Gary Sheffield... just because you can buy players, doesn't mean you should. And, the trades! They stole talent, most times the prospects didn't pan out. You can see it how you want... but there's a reality and a Yankee fan's reality. And, in reality, the Yanks have stolen alot of talent, either by hook or by crook.

WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT!?

LL said "oh the yankees have been taking advantage of other teams for years (as in trades)"

You agreed with him

I asked you to show me a trade where the Yankees took advantage of another team?

You haven't.

"And the trades. They stole talent"

WHEN!?!? Show me when the Yankees stole another teams talent in recent history.

Vazquez: Nick Johnson, Juan Rivera,Choate

Randy Johnson: Halsey, Vazquez, Navarro

Kevin Brown: Jeff Weaver

Alex Rodriguez: Alfonso Soriano

?????????? Yankees haven't stolen anybody in any trade, you don't no what your talking about.

And signing a free agent isn't "STEALING", its called free agency, the Yankees don't call out death threats and hold teams hostage, they play by the rules. If you dont like it, tuff sh**, but they're playing within the rules, so keep crying.

And, now do you realize why people hate the Yankees? Do you realize how much filth and ignorance is filled in your posts? The Yankees have stolen talent. Plain and simple. When you offer 8-10 million bucks more than any other team can afford, that's not ethical. It might be in the rules... but when there aren't rules governing that, how can you break any? Y'know, besides the unwritten rules. But, you reap what you sow. The Yankees have a payroll over 200 million dollars. That's almost 80 million dollars more than the next team. And close to 90 million more than the team after that.

They're going to finish fourth in the AL East. And money won't solve this problem. They could have a payroll of 350 million and all stars at every position, and they won't win. Learn lessons from the Yankees of the 80's, the Redskins, the Rangers, and every other team who's tried to buy a championship. It just doesn't work. It's going to be fun beating Yankee ass at ole comerica park this weekend. Last night was just the begining.

WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT!?

LL said "oh the yankees have been taking advantage of other teams for years (as in trades)"

You agreed with him

I asked you to show me a trade where the Yankees took advantage of another team?

You haven't.

"And the trades. They stole talent"

WHEN!?!? Show me when the Yankees stole another teams talent in recent history.

Vazquez: Nick Johnson, Juan Rivera,Choate

Randy Johnson: Halsey, Vazquez, Navarro

Kevin Brown: Jeff Weaver

Alex Rodriguez: Alfonso Soriano

?????????? Yankees haven't stolen anybody in any trade, you don't no what your talking about.

And signing a free agent isn't "STEALING", its called free agency, the Yankees don't call out death threats and hold teams hostage, they play by the rules. If you dont like it, tuff sh**, but they're playing within the rules, so keep crying.

so far:

arod/soriano = arod has been better, both teams have benefitted

vasquez/nick johnson/rivera/choate = johnson has been good this year, but its hard to say anyone really won

RJ/vasquez/halsay/whoever navarro is = by a cruel twist of fate, it appears the yankees statistically have gotten the better of the deal. sad, huh?

kevin brown/jeff weaver = brown is garbage, but Weaver sucked so bad in NY its hard to say anybody won

And, now do you realize why people hate the Yankees? Do you realize how much filth and ignorance is filled in your posts? The Yankees have stolen talent. Plain and simple. When you offer 8-10 million bucks more than any other team can afford, that's not ethical. It might be in the rules... but when there aren't rules governing that, how can you break any? Y'know, besides the unwritten rules. But, you reap what you sow. The Yankees have a payroll over 200 million dollars. That's almost 80 million dollars more than the next team. And close to 90 million more than the team after that.

DUDE!! We were talking about TRADES

You and that mets fan LL said the Yankees have been doing what billy beane is doing to the Yankees, when the Yankees dont do that at all. I don't get it, what dont you understand here?

And we're not finishing in 4th place, you'll eat those words. Amazing, the tigers beat the yankees once and they act like they just won the world series, holy crap.

AGAIN!

When have the Yankees ever stolen talent in a trade????!!!???

You've been dodging this question FOREVER. You know you can't answer it. [-X

Dodging the question forever? When did you freakin ask it?

Would you care to take a historical look at it?

http://www.baseball-almanac.com/corner/c042001b.shtml

There's one huge example. They turned another major league franchise into a freakin farm team!

I really can't find anything, in the short search, on google about anything recent, save for the getting Aaron Boone and Gabe White for scraps. I dunno how they stole Chuck Knoblach or others.

Dodging the question forever? When did you freakin ask it?

Would you care to take a historical look at it?

http://www.baseball-almanac.com/corner/c042001b.shtml

There's one huge example. They turned another major league franchise into a freakin farm team!

I really can't find anything, in the short search, on google about anything recent, save for the getting Aaron Boone and Gabe White for scraps. I dunno how they stole Chuck Knoblach or others.

Dude Knoblauch didn't come cheap. We gave up Eric Milton and Christian Guzman for him. Aaron Boone for Gabe White? that was never a trade that happened.

Like I said, recent history, the Yankees don't screw anybody in trades.

Dude Knoblauch didn't come cheap. We gave up Eric Milton and Christian Guzman for him. Aaron Boone for Gabe White? that was never a trade that happened.

Like I said, recent history, the Yankees don't screw anybody in trades.

*sigh* Do they teach reading skills down there? Damn boy... I said the Boone trade and the White trade... seperate deals, bringing both players to the Yankees, for that WS loss to the Marlins.

Milton blows. Guzman is adequate, but nothing spectacular.

Recent history? Let's not forget buying El Cannyon off the Blue Jays. What'd they give up for Clemens? Homer something or another?

And, lest we forget using and abusing another major league franchise for close to a decade. Just disgusting.

Clemens was traded for David Wells, homer bush and maybe ricky ledee?

Before you knock that, Wells won 20 games as a bluejay.

Look at those red sox, completely raping the dbacks for curt schilling. I think the dbacks owner perposely let them so he could say "F you steinbrenner". The dbacks were asking for nick johnson and alfonso soriano for curt schilling. Meanwhile the sox trade a bunch of spare parts with no real upside for him.

Archived