Just throwing this one out there...

GLH222

Currently, with three wins, the Jets are in a 3 way tie for the 2nd worst record in the league. A win vs. NE would jump them into a big lump of teams with 4 wins and most likely drop them out of the top 5 of the draft...with that said, is a win in NE worth it?? I say yes, by a large margin....any thoughts

Currently, with three wins, the Jets are in a 3 way tie for the 2nd worst record in the league. A win vs. NE would jump them into a big lump of teams with 4 wins and most likely drop them out of the top 5 of the draft...with that said, is a win in NE worth it?? I say yes, by a large margin....any thoughts

Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes.

Thats this thread in a nutshell. Of course it would be worth beating the Pats. To end their little quest for perfection would actually make this dead season worth something. I hate the Pats and for them to go 16-0 would just piss me off to unthinkable extent.

For the sake of the draft I hope they win out.

This is not a good year to be a very bad team. The value just isn't there in the top 5 or so picks.

Won't be many trading partners either.

IMO a RB is never worth a top 5 pick, a tweenter DE, a RT?

Nope, I'd much rather be picking after ten, that's where the value starts.

For the sake of the draft I hope they win out.

This is not a good year to be a very bad team. The value just isn't there in the top 5 or so picks.

Won't be many trading partners either.

IMO a RB is never worth a top 5 pick, a tweenter DE, a RT?

Nope, I'd much rather be picking after ten, that's where the value starts.

I see your point but personally I would love to see either McFadden or Longon this team next year. All in all it isn't the stongest draft but IMO those are 2 special players that are certainly worth their value.

I won't be very upset if the Jets take Long or McFadden, but...........

Way to many injuries to young RB's early in there career to hand 20-30 million guaranteed to him.

Long is going to be a very good player for a long time in NFL in my opinion, but the Jets need more size on their DL desperately. He has played 3-4 DE at the NCAA level.

The NFL is a whole different ball game.

His value to the Jets, and the reason I think they will pick him if he is their, is he is a versatile, high character guy.

I don't think he will be a major impact type player in the 3-4

A team can't play to lose. But don't worry, there is little chance that the Jets will get a fourth win this week.

You said that already...like 14 times. We get it. Is there anything else you would like to add to the conversation or are you just gonna sit around and pile on?

I won't be very upset if the Jets take Long or McFadden, but...........

Way to many injuries to young RB's early in there career to hand 20-30 million guaranteed to him.

Long is going to be a very good player for a long time in NFL in my opinion, but the Jets need more size on their DL desperately. He has played 3-4 DE at the NCAA level.

The NFL is a whole different ball game.

His value to the Jets, and the reason I think they will pick him if he is their, is he is a versatile, high character guy.

I don't think he will be a major impact type player in the 3-4

We should not draft Long if the NT position isn't addressed. Putting him beside an undersized NT like D-rob would not be a good idea.

However if we were to get a big NT and put him in at end there I'm sure he could succeed. He's the kind of player that if the Pats were to draft him (beside Wilfork), would absolutely dominate for years to come.

Everyone knows my feelings on McFadden,I know the risks that come with taking him but IMO he has so much potential to be an absolute star that that the money involved shouldn't get in the way. You could say the same for every RB taken in top 5. yes there is risk of injury, but there is also a huge possibility of greatness there.

Plus we will end up beating KC in 2 weeks so we could end up with a 8 or 9th pick.

It's worth it because this draft doesn't look so great in the top 5 picks outside of Glenn Dorsey. The Jets aren't taking Brohm or McFadden and while Howie Long's son would be nice Mangini wants to waste our defense using the 3-4.

I can never believe it when anyone, suggest to any degree...a team should throw a game for a draft pick...you play to WIN ! always....people who have been in sports....know this without question...nothing else makes sense ! You can get good players late in the draft... great players go in the 6th round...and players that were never drafted at all....

Archived