Andy Pettite Admits he took HGH ,Twice

Smizzy

I am SO glad Andy said this. I didn't hear of this until this thread. But there had to be a TON of pressure on Andy to stay quiet and\or lie. But he did the right thing here. Time to move past all this. Honesty helps!

Andy, you are the best!!! Thank you for being honest with us, you have done NOTHING to tarnish your image or legacy... You will always be one of my favorite Yankees, and this actually puts you higher in my book. Admitting fault is one of the hardest things to do as a man, and a professional athlete, and you put your pride out on the table and admitted wrong doing....the best thing about this and you reasoning was to get back on the field because of your obligation to your team....tough it wasnt the right way to go about it, it shows your dedication to your profession and your team!

Roger, take notes...

Andy, you are the best!!! Thank you for being honest with us, you have done NOTHING to tarnish your image or legacy... You will always be one of my favorite Yankees, and this actually puts you higher in my book. Admitting fault is one of the hardest things to do as a man, and a professional athlete, and you put your pride out on the table and admitted wrong doing....the best thing about this and you reasoning was to get back on the field because of your obligation to your team....tough it wasnt the right way to go about it, it shows your dedication to your profession and your team!

Roger, take notes...

Sorry but that just doesn't cut it. Andy admitted only AFTER being outed.

Let's not Yankee this up.

I dunno. Pettitte took HGH while on the DL, he was having some injury trouble, and wanted to recover quicker...

If Pavano had taken HGH, maybe we wouldn't have wasted 30-40 million... Ha. JK. Seriously though, HGH wasn't banned when Pettitte did it, and he used it to help him heal, which isn't right, but I just can't hold that against him.

no it was not banned.... this is all court of public perception . . .

this entire report is another selfish act by Bud Selig to try and mold his reputation.

I cant stand that names where released, again, just to give the general public more scapegoats and take the pressure off of Selig.

I hope Pettitte goes out next year with a chip on his shoulder and throws up a 20 win season!

"Though it was not against baseball rules, I was not comfortable with what I was doing, so I stopped," Pettitte said. "This is it -- two days out of my life; two days out of my entire career, when I was injured and on the disabled list."

Major League Baseball did not ban HGH until the 2005 season. Pettitte said that repeated references in the media to his using steroids have not only been incorrect, but that they were "hurtful to me and my family."

MLB.com

Seriously though if he used them only while he was on the DL you can believe he did it to get healthier,because he never used them after or before that. If he was using them in the middle of a season while pitching then yes he was wrong ,but him not using them while playing shows his legacy is not tarnished,and shouldnt be known as a cheater. My friend had to use steroids,because he was very sick and the doctor prescribed them so he would get better,and he got better. Andy next to Jeter is my favorite yankee of all time,and will stay like that forever,becuase he didnt use them so he can win cy youngs,mvps,and world series he did it to get back playing the game he loves.

I dunno. Pettitte took HGH while on the DL, he was having some injury trouble, and wanted to recover quicker...

If Pavano had taken HGH, maybe we wouldn't have wasted 30-40 million... Ha. JK. Seriously though, HGH wasn't banned when Pettitte did it, and he used it to help him heal, which isn't right, but I just can't hold that against him.

You wasted some of that money?! Wow. Didn't know you cut checks for the yanks.

Seriously though, what about the players that healed naturally without assistance? You hold anything against them? Who gets passes and who doesn't?

Seriously though if he used them only while he was on the DL you can believe he did it to get healthier,because he never used them after or before that. If he was using them in the middle of a season while pitching then yes he was wrong ,but him not using them while playing shows his legacy is not tarnished,and shouldnt be known as a cheater. My friend had to use steroids,because he was very sick and the doctor prescribed them so he would get better,and he got better. Andy next to Jeter is my favorite yankee of all time,and will stay like that forever,becuase he didnt use them so he can win cy youngs,mvps,and world series he did it to get back playing the game he loves.

How do you know he didn't use it before or after? He admitted using an illegal substance. Nice guy or not, he's guilty. Marion Jones seemed to be a darling but was a cheater. The way things are going, I wouldn't be surprised if Lance Armstrong did take something. These days you can't help but wonder and you certainly cannot say someone did NOT take something. Sad to say but there really are not many athletes today that you can say definitely, 100%, are clean.

How do you know he didn't use it before or after? He admitted using an illegal substance. Nice guy or not, he's guilty. Marion Jones seemed to be a darling but was a cheater. The way things are going, I wouldn't be surprised if Lance Armstrong did take something. These days you can't help but wonder and you certainly cannot say someone did NOT take something. Sad to say but there really are not many athletes today that you can say definitely, 100%, are clean.

Actually, HGH is not illegal, and at the time he started taking it baseball had not yet banned it. What he did do was take a substance that legally can only be prescribed by a physician with a prescription. All that being said, I find it no surprise that he admitted to exactly what was in the report and nothing more, since what the report stated was in fact not banned nor illegal. But make no mistake, I would bet he didn't limit it to that. Prior to being caught he never admitted anything. Once caught, he only admitted to what he was caught doing. How am I to possibly believe there isn't more?

A cheater is a cheater is a cheater. Anyway, I forgot which year and correct me if I am wrong, there was one year where Dandy Andy picked up 2 to 3 miles on his fastball after going through Clemen's "training regimen". As we all know, someone who says they cheated twice, probably means they cheated many more times.

Another question is, what does this do to Clemens relationship with Petitte. This pretty much confirms that Clemens is a juicer not that we expected anything else.

I don't think Andy displays the signs of a roid user. I tend to believe his story, for that reason. He doesn't have bulging muscles like power pitchers diplay. Call me a homer if you want. That's just my opinion. It's still not a good thing though.

Look at the pitchers that have been busted and cyclist.

I think that is a common mis-conception.

A cheater is a cheater is a cheater. Anyway, I forgot which year and correct me if I am wrong, there was one year where Dandy Andy picked up 2 to 3 miles on his fastball after going through Clemen's "training regimen". As we all know, someone who says they cheated twice, probably means they cheated many more times.

Another question is, what does this do to Clemens relationship with Petitte. This pretty much confirms that Clemens is a juicer not that we expected anything else.

If it's not against the rules then why is it cheating? HGH is not juice.

If it's not against the rules then why is it cheating? HGH is not juice.

Just playing devil's advocate, the NFl which many thinks have a fairly lax and turn the other cheek drug policy, has banned HGH. There has to be a reason.

Just playing devil's advocate, the NFl which many thinks have a fairly lax and turn the other cheek drug policy, has banned HGH. There has to be a reason.

Actually, you misunderstand my point. Contrary to the article posted by DaBrick, I'm quite sure that HGH is a performance enhancer. I don't that their chins and brow shelves are growing for nothing. My point was that since the substance wasn't banned then it wasn't "cheating" to use it.

I'm curious only because I don't know enough about HGH, but what are the negative effects that HGH have on the human body (are they similar to steroids?)

Lyle Alzado swore it caused or accelerated the cancer that eventually killed him.

What a surprise, Lupica writing an article bashing a Yankee. I wish he would be caught doing something illegal and be sent away forever.

***** Lupica. My wife was watching some cooking show on the food network with some hideously fat and gruesome woman cooking. This beast starts serving th table and one guy, I swore, looked just like Mike Lupica. I asked my wife where this woman lived and she said the Hamptons. It turns out in the credits that it was, in fact, Mike Lupica. The funny thing about it is his son was there. His son is probably about 9 or 10 years old and has what I would consider hands down the worst unibrow I have ever seen in my life.

Archived