Pennington And Coles For A 1st And 4th

Maxman

I'd be quite happy with Berrian in green. Kellen can throw a good deep ball, and this all berrian really does. Coupling that with Cotch who is good at moving the chains (despite his multiple drops recently, hopefully to do with his broken finger), we would have a very nice receiving corps going into next season.

I still say we get rid of Smith, and play Wright, or Stucky full time in the slot.

Stuckey can not be counted on for anything next year. He was hurt in college, his draft position dropped accordingly and he was put on I.R. before a game was played.

Penciling him in for anything other than the # 5 WR spot is a mistake. The problem is for Chansi -- the guy at # 5 (Wallace Wright) is a special teams beast.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply
With limited resources I'd prefer the Jets' add a FA guard (Hadnot?) and a lesser, but good, WR than Chad Johnson. If they were gonna spend big on a single player then I'd prefer Suggs as an impact defender.

We must go after Suggs strong. My only thing is won't Baltimore just franchise him?

I don't like Johnson's celebrations, but at least he gets to the endzone. If coles does walk, we need a replacement and not a rookie.

I'd never advocate an all around meathead, but other than Johnson's celebrations he's a fairly solid citizen. Azz hats like Moss and T.O. are choirboys when they're part of a winning situation. Put them on a .500 ball team - and they're the lesions they really are.

Agreed. I would do it for a 1st and a 6th, possibly 7th. They are giving up two good players. But with 2 1st round picks in this years draft they can put a new stamp on this franchise.

Who knows maybe they can somehow parlay it into Sean Ellis, John Abraham, Anthony Becht and Chad Pennington.

:shutit:

If the offer is truly on the table...I would take the 1st round pick alone (it will be a top 10 pick)...what did ATL get for Schaub? Wasn't it two second round picks...2007 and 2008...Would you take a 2008 second round plus 2009 second and fourth round picks?

If Smith plays QB more than Chad today, I doubt somebody is going to give the Jets anything better than a 5th round pick. It looks bad that they have replaced the injured KC with Brad Smith and not Chad. At this point, why would any other team give the Jets anything for a 3rd string QB.

If Smith plays QB more than Chad today, I doubt somebody is going to give the Jets anything better than a 5th round pick. It looks bad that they have replaced the injured KC with Brad Smith and not Chad. At this point, why would any other team give the Jets anything for a 3rd string QB.

Or they could have this trade in the works and if Chad gets hurt again it would be off so they don't want to risk it.

Coles is the offense. Correct. The offense sucks. Blow it up and start all over again.

We don't know that Clemens won't get hurt. However, it's even money that Chad will get hurt. Again.

Totally agree. I have been disputing the argument that our problem is on the D. Our D is not great but our offense is atrocious and our personnel stinks. It is built for 5 yard football. You cannot win like that. We need an overhaul. FA and the draft. We will not score any points next year unless we get a playmaker. A star. I prefer a WR. But I would take a McFadden.

Hey back on topic here -- what is the minimum that you would accept for Chad and Coles from K.C.

I would do it for their # 1 and a day two pick this year or next. Like a 5th, maybe a 6th if the pick (1st round is top 6).

What would you take? 2nd and 3rd round pick?

Hey back on topic here -- what is the minimum that you would accept for Chad and Coles from K.C.

I would do it for their # 1 and a day two pick this year or next. Like a 5th, maybe a 6th if the pick (1st round is top 6).

What would you take? 2nd and 3rd round pick?

yes no way we get a 1 and a 4

Did you see Chad today? He managed the game well. I would up the asking price, he almost beat the unbeatable.

His price went up a little today IMO, at least to people who analyzed his performance. he played well and gave the jets a good chance to win. Had other people not have F'd up he probably could have.

Did you see Chad today? He managed the game well. I would up the asking price, he almost beat the unbeatable.

bottom line he led us to 3 pts

granted it should have been 10... JMAC blows

Is that enuff to warrant a #1 pick

also remember Gay dropped an INT that would have been a TD

bottom line he led us to 3 pts

granted it should have been 10... JMAC blows

Is that enuff to warrant a #1 pick

also remember Gay dropped an INT that would have been a TD

Should have been 10???

Are you forgetting that Nuge missed a FG (13), that Baker fumbled in the redzone (at least 16) and that Mangini passed up a FG to run with Smith (that would ahve made it 19).

Then takeaway the FG that came after J-Macs drop and it's 16. Chad put us in position to score 16 points today, others around him just **** the bed.

I doubt they get a 1st round pick for Chad unless Herm is still that much of an idiot or another team is just stupid. I think they'd be lucky to get a 3rd round pick for him. Teams can point to the fact that the Pats got Moss for a 4th round pick and look how he turned out.

I think his status improved a little today, but the reality is, nobody is giving up a 1 for Chad unless they are brain dead. Lets hope herm or some other team is, but I doubt it.

I doubt they get a 1st round pick for Chad unless Herm is still that much of an idiot or another team is just stupid. I think they'd be lucky to get a 3rd round pick for him. Teams can point to the fact that the Pats got Moss for a 4th round pick and look how he turned out.

I think his status improved a little today, but the reality is, nobody is giving up a 1 for Chad unless they are brain dead. Lets hope herm or some other team is, but I doubt it.

Best case scenario for Chad would be a # 3. Chad\Coles together -- that's a different story.

Archived