The Jets will have a very solid 08 season

drago

1.) KC will have a full camp as starter

2.) Jmac will be gone

3.) aquiring picks for Chad, Vilma, and possibly Coles (i love coles, but if we get a first, we have to pull the trigger)

4.) If we add another corner, even an average corner to compliment revis, our secondary will be very strong.

5.) our D line has made good strides playing with a group of nobodies. Say what you want about D-rob, but he did a good job today.

6.) You can bet that we will pull two more quality starters from our draft picks.

7.) Ourweakest unit is our Oline. there is no question. Thankfully, by aquiring a decent or very good LG, and replacing Clement, probably through the draft, our worst unit may become one of our best.

8.) we get to play the dolphins twice :lol:

The main concern i have is that we tend to get average FA's, or worse. A lot of what i'm assuming is that we can get a good to very good LG in FA, if we can't, we'll be sining the same tun as this year.

Relax folks, we aren't that far off.

2.) Jmac will be gone

3.) aquiring picks for Chad, Vilma, and possibly Coles (i love coles, but if we get a first, we have to pull the trigger)

4.) If we add another corner, even an average corner to compliment revis, our secondary will be very strong.

5.) our D line has made good strides playing with a group of nobodies. Say what you want about D-rob, but he did a good job today.

6.) You can bet that we will pull two more quality starters from our draft picks.

7.) Ourweakest unit is our Oline. there is no question. Thankfully, by aquiring a decent or very good LG, and replacing Clement, probably through the draft, our worst unit may become one of our best.

The main concern i have is that we tend to get average FA's, or worse. A lot of what i'm assuming is that we can get a good to very good LG in FA, if we can't, we'll be sining the same tun as this year.

I'm too depressed to think positively but good job.](*,)

The Jets could win 9 games next year and then lose 9 games the following season. For them to really build a contender, they need to make a lot of good signings this offseason.

Draft some good players who fit what they are trying to build. Bring in good Free Agents and not scrubs. Trade for first day draft picks or good players who fit what they have... They don't need to bring in another player like TJ. A guy who is ok in his own right, but never fit in with what this team is..and by the time he might fit in, he'll probably be on his last legs or gone.

My ideal scenario would be for them to draft McFadden, draft an OL in the second round, draft another CB in the 3rd round, trade for Chad Johnson, trade Chad, Vilma and whoever else for day one picks and bring in some DL with those draft picks and then sign Faneca.

WIth that they would have at least 4 decent OL, maybe a WR core of Johnson, Coles, and Cotchery with Washington and Smith as slot receivers at times...

I doubt they'd do that but that is my hope. They might not be a contender but they should be vastly improved.

2.) Jmac will be gone

I agree, except I like our Corners. I think that money or pick would be better spent with getting a pass rusher or two. I would also add that resigning Kerry Rhodes would be nice.

The Jets could win 9 games next year and then lose 9 games the following season. For them to really build a contender, they need to make a lot of good signings this offseason.

Draft some good players who fit what they are trying to build. Bring in good Free Agents and not scrubs. Trade for first day draft picks or good players who fit what they have... They don't need to bring in another player like TJ. A guy who is ok in his own right, but never fit in with what this team is..and by the time he might fit in, he'll probably be on his last legs or gone.

My ideal scenario would be for them to draft McFadden, draft an OL in the second round, draft another CB in the 3rd round, trade for Chad Johnson, trade Chad, Vilma and whoever else for day one picks and bring in some DL with those draft picks and then sign Faneca.

WIth that they would have at least 4 decent OL, maybe a WR core of Johnson, Coles, and Cotchery with Washington and Smith as slot receivers at times...

I doubt they'd do that but that is my hope. They might not be a contender but they should be vastly improved.

it's all well and good to want mcfadden, its just not going to happen. We would have nearly 1/5th of our ENTIRE salary cap tied up in two players. If you are truly looking to build a long term contender, you just don't do this.

As you said, we need a few starters, getting them through FA or draft is fine, but if we do get players through FA, that is a quick fix for a long term problem (see thomas jones).

I'm of the mind that teams in the top five of the draft are there for a reason. The reason is, their TEAM is among the weakest in the league. Assuming we want to get out of that category, we cannot base our future on one player. Trade out of the top five, get two first round starters, and be ready to enjoy some good football again.

2.) Jmac will be gone

I agree with everything that's why I don't understand all these people complaining like were gonna suck for the next 10 years. Really were still rebuilding and in any rebuilding team theres one bad year no matter when it occurs. This year I think Mangini will go after bigger name free agents considering we have a lot of cap room now and were most likely gonna get a lot of draft picks if we can pull those trades off.

I agree with everything that's why I don't understand all these people complaining like were gonna suck for the next 10 years. Really were still rebuilding and in any rebuilding team theres one bad year no matter when it occurs. This year I think Mangini will go after bigger name free agents considering we have a lot of cap room now and were most likely gonna get a lot of draft picks if we can pull those trades off.

Rebuilding teams don't trade draft picks for 29 year old running backs. They are only rebuilding now cause they are 3-13 or 4-12 this season. If they went 8-8, nobody would call it rebuilding.

Rebuilding teams don't trade draft picks for 29 year old running backs. They are only rebuilding now cause they are 3-13 or 4-12 this season. If they went 8-8, nobody would call it rebuilding.

Why not? You can get a rookie RB to contribute in almost any draft or free agency period.

you're 100% right. It's a mistake, and hopefully one that they learn from. It sucks even worse because now we won't be able to draft the best RB in this years draft.

you're 100% right. It's a mistake, and hopefully one that they learn from. It sucks even worse because now we won't be able to draft the best RB in this years draft.

Who knows if they will draft McFadden or not, I still would take the risk. I mean if he's close to being as good as he is in college, it means the Jets have a playmaker and combine him with Washington and that is one heck of a tandem..

You can draft an OL in the 2nd round. You can sign Faneca. That would give the Jets OL 4 decent OL. I'm sorry but I'm not sold on a guy like Jake Long. I've watched Michigan this year and he just doesn't impress me.. He looks like another DBrick. Good enough, but he's not going to suddenly make the Jets score TDs. TJ just isn't a guy you count on when it's 3rd and 1. Didn't the Bears bring in Benson on short yardage more often than not? And we all know how unreliable that guy is.

The defense needs to address the DL, LBs, and CBs and maybe a safety. But unless they draft somebody in round 1 or 2, will anybody in the other rounds really make that big a difference?

I mean it's not like this team has done great work after round 2. Washington has potential but he's barely used on offense. Smith is a trick player who really hasn't produced much of anything consistently.

If they wind up with a ton of 1st and 2nd round picks, then I'd say it might be worth it. But if they wind up with a bunch of 4th round and 5th round picks, I'm not sold on those players really being consistent starters cause over the past two seasons, none of their later round picks are really starting. So stockpiling picks only works if it's 1st and 2nd rounders otherwise, it's just as big a risk as drafting McFadden without the upside.

Who cares we had a 2nd rounder to spare anyways and Thomas Jones is still a very good back and we still have him for another 4 years.

Who knows if they will draft McFadden or not, I still would take the risk. I mean if he's close to being as good as he is in college, it means the Jets have a playmaker and combine him with Washington and that is one heck of a tandem..

You can draft an OL in the 2nd round. You can sign Faneca. That would give the Jets OL 4 decent OL. I'm sorry but I'm not sold on a guy like Jake Long. I've watched Michigan this year and he just doesn't impress me.. He looks like another DBrick. Good enough, but he's not going to suddenly make the Jets score TDs. TJ just isn't a guy you count on when it's 3rd and 1. Didn't the Bears bring in Benson on short yardage more often than not? And we all know how unreliable that guy is.

The defense needs to address the DL, LBs, and CBs and maybe a safety. But unless they draft somebody in round 1 or 2, will anybody in the other rounds really make that big a difference?

I mean it's not like this team has done great work after round 2. Washington has potential but he's barely used on offense. Smith is a trick player who really hasn't produced much of anything consistently.

If they wind up with a ton of 1st and 2nd round picks, then I'd say it might be worth it. But if they wind up with a bunch of 4th round and 5th round picks, I'm not sold on those players really being consistent starters cause over the past two seasons, none of their later round picks are really starting. So stockpiling picks only works if it's 1st and 2nd rounders otherwise, it's just as big a risk as drafting McFadden without the upside.

100% AGREED! MCFADDEN is worth the risk.

it's all well and good to want mcfadden, its just not going to happen. We would have nearly 1/5th of our ENTIRE salary cap tied up in two players. If you are truly looking to build a long term contender, you just don't do this.

As you said, we need a few starters, getting them through FA or draft is fine, but if we do get players through FA, that is a quick fix for a long term problem (see thomas jones).

I'm of the mind that teams in the top five of the draft are there for a reason. The reason is, their TEAM is among the weakest in the league. Assuming we want to get out of that category, we cannot base our future on one player. Trade out of the top five, get two first round starters, and be ready to enjoy some good football again.

Yeah man. It killed the Colts. And the Chargers only wish they could be as good as us. Haha watch how the Pats take a nosedive from signing Run DMC with the 2nd overall pick! They'll collapse just like they did when they traded for Randy Moss.

Tee hee, we are so great. Our plan of signing losers and drafting only above average players at best, then pretending they are pro bowlers will destroy the rest of the league. In 2014! Yeah! GO JETS! FEAR OF GETTING POSSIBLE PRO BOWLERS FOR THE WIN!!!! Let's draft another OL, maybe go RT this time with our top 5 pick! But make sure he is undersized, or he might cost us too much!

Yeah man. It killed the Colts. And the Chargers only wish they could be as good as us. Haha watch how the Pats take a nosedive from signing Run DMC with the 2nd overall pick! They'll collapse just like they did when they traded for Randy Moss.

Tee hee, we are so great. Our plan of signing losers and drafting only above average players at best, then pretending they are pro bowlers will destroy the rest of the league. In 2014! Yeah! GO JETS! FEAR OF GETTING POSSIBLE PRO BOWLERS FOR THE WIN!!!! Let's draft another OL, maybe go RT this time with our top 5 pick! But make sure he is undersized, or he might cost us too much!

good call, lets spend 15 mil per year on two running backs, one of which who has never played a down in the NFL.

:sheepf:

not sure why i respond to village idiot, but whatever.

Next year's schedule wil probably have the Rams, Niners, Falcons and 2xMiami Dolphins. Jets are winning minimum 8 games and Mangini will be a genius again.

Look at this years schedule.. It's not exactly filled with great teams and they still are on pace for a 3-13 or 4-12 season. Most of the teams they play or played are under .500.

good call, lets spend 15 mil per year on two running backs, one of which who has never played a down in the NFL.

:sheepf:

not sure why i respond to village idiot, but whatever.

Looks like a personal attack to me, but if I respond you'll go running to the mods crying. That is just how it is with little bitches like you. You argue like a woman using women's reasoning and then resort to name calling when someone forces you to defend.

Peyton Manning never played a down in the NFL and got his top pick money. Same with LT. So tell me again how it's hurting those teams?

Then tell me how Randy Moss is hurting the Pats, like every idiot Jets fan claimed he would before the season started. Then go on and on about how Brick is better than McNeill some more.

This is the same garbage as before. Trade a 2nd rounder for TJ and TJ is the second coming that will fix the run game. Vilma is a beast and the best MLB in the league. You idiots are constantly wrong about everything but you'll never fess up to it. You want to make really stupid moves and hype up players we already have, and give passes out to the CS and players for each losing season.

Somehow the Chargers managed to make LT and Turner work. Holmes and LJ fit with the Chiefs, and they moved to LJ off of Holmes quickly. Hey look at that, the Saints with Reggie Bush underperforming are still better than us, even with his big giant contract.

Detroit, Cleveland, TB and Arizona are all better than us and they had top picks last draft. Minnesota took AP at #7 and gave him that money and are not only better than us, they will be better than us unless we do something drastic.

You do not win in the NFL with a buncha ****ty players. The salary cap keeps going up every year and we had $10M to spend this year, and are projected to have like $30M with almost no FAs to worry about for next year, and you're telling me we can't afford to sign our draft pick? That we're going to be a winning team by constantly having crappy players and "projects"? I am glad you are not in charge of this team. And if Tangini think like you, as they seem to, they won't be in charge of this team much longer either, because we will have these 4 win seasons every other year.

Archived