Brad Smith

4HCrew

Enough with this experimenting nonsense..either you want him to be a qb or a wr..In training camp figure out what you want and let him master it. The Jets wr corps is thin and at this point Stuckey is an unknown so get it cleared up. To waste his time bouncing around meetings throughout camp is counterproductive. No more gadgets, make the guy a player

Enough with this experimenting nonsense..either you want him to be a qb or a wr..In training camp figure out what you want and let him master it. The Jets wr corps is thin and at this point Stuckey is an unknown so get it cleared up. To waste his time bouncing around meetings throughout camp is counterproductive. No more gadgets, make the guy a player

On one of Mangini's press conferences (I think last week) He was asked about Brad Smith & he said he was going to give him a chance at QB in TC next year. Don't know if he meant starter or backup but remember last year Penny had to "win" the starting QB job. Could be interesting.

i can't stand the smith experiement (at wr) as much as the next guy. If they want to try him at QB a bit, have him master a few specific plays, preferably long throws, so if it gets pick its not as back breaking. This way, when he is in at least there is the threat of him airing it out, and not just running the option.

Otherwise, i'm tired of it. he is no WR, let Wright, Davis, and/or next year Stucky get some reps in the slot.

Personally i thought the Smith, Jones, and Washington combination is a good idea. We just need more experience doing it. I was disappointed more by the offensive playcalling as far as passing with Penny. We finally see Brad Smith throw one and just because its one bad pass doesnt mean they should completely break away from it. Get the ball into your playmakers hands. Penny is not a play maker anymore. At least with Smith the ball is in the hands of someone who can possibly do something with it.

Personally i thought the Smith, Jones, and Washington combination is a good idea. We just need more experience doing it. I was disappointed more by the offensive playcalling as far as passing with Penny. We finally see Brad Smith throw one and just because its one bad pass doesnt mean they should completely break away from it. Get the ball into your playmakers hands. Penny is not a play maker anymore. At least with Smith the ball is in the hands of someone who can possibly do something with it.

OK, I disagree completely. I'm happy that they let Smith throw but FFS why on 4th down??? I wish we used him more like Pittsburgh used Randel El, then he would be a treu playmaker.

Chad may not be a gamebreaker but I do think he can convert a 4th and 2, I would never trust Smith in that scenario.

OK, I disagree completely. I'm happy that they let Smith throw but FFS why on 4th down??? I wish we used him more like Pittsburgh used Randel El, then he would be a treu playmaker.

Chad may not be a gamebreaker but I do think he can convert a 4th and 2, I would never trust Smith in that scenario.

Yeah know doubt having him throw on 4th down was a bad decision. But i dont put that on Smith, i'll put that on Shotty. I mean try that play on first down. If you want Smith to be the guy on 4th i'd be more comfortable having him run it.

How can Penny convert a 4th and 2 if he's not a gamebreaker. That would be a gamebreaking play i imagine...

Yeah know doubt having him throw on 4th down was a bad decision. But i dont put that on Smith, i'll put that on Shotty. I mean try that play on first down. If you want Smith to be the guy on 4th i'd be more comfortable having him run it.

How can Penny convert a 4th and 2 if he's not a gamebreaker. That would be a gamebreaking play i imagine...

4th and 2???

all that is required is something like a 3 yard out or a 4 yard curl. Hardly gamebreaker material.

4th and 2???

all that is required is something like a 3 yard out or a 4 yard curl. Hardly gamebreaker material.

If they were going to pass, why not leave Chad in. Smith attempted how many passes this year? Trickery is nice unless that is all you use the guy for. It might work once in a while, but it's obvious that the Smith experiment isn't working. When everybody and their brother knows it's a trick play, how many times will it really work? Maybe once or twice in a game. That might be great if he had Vick's speed or something, but from what I see, Smith is a good special teams player and nothing more.

If they were going to pass, why not leave Chad in. Smith attempted how many passes this year? Trickery is nice unless that is all you use the guy for. It might work once in a while, but it's obvious that the Smith experiment isn't working. When everybody and their brother knows it's a trick play, how many times will it really work? Maybe once or twice in a game. That might be great if he had Vick's speed or something, but from what I see, Smith is a good special teams player and nothing more.

I agree totally, I dont mind seeing Smith in for a trick play every so often but to give him a series and a 4th down play is just unbelievable.

On one of Mangini's press conferences (I think last week) He was asked about Brad Smith & he said he was going to give him a chance at QB in TC next year. Don't know if he meant starter or backup but remember last year Penny had to "win" the starting QB job. Could be interesting.

Judging by his "throw" yesterday it won't be very interesting.

i can't stand the smith experiement (at wr) as much as the next guy. If they want to try him at QB a bit, have him master a few specific plays, preferably long throws, so if it gets pick its not as back breaking. This way, when he is in at least there is the threat of him airing it out, and not just running the option.

Otherwise, i'm tired of it. he is no WR, let Wright, Davis, and/or next year Stucky get some reps in the slot.

I know you don't like him as a wr. I disagree, but admittedly he is still raw. Davis, Wright and Stuckey have had every opportunity to unseat him. Davis can't even make the active roster. IMO there is a reason those guys don't get reps. Stuckey might have been ahead of him coming out of camp, but that is moot now.

I'm happy they let him throw too. It wouldn't have been my first choice, but you want unpredictable and you got it. As for that throw, almost any chicken arm could have made that ten yard dink.

Hell if I can figure that out then you know the opposing coach can. I thought he used smith too much today at QB.

I have mixed feelings about. Smith is a kind of player that can take it the distance with some good blocking. I think you have to mix it up, especially the Pats they know everything about us and what we like/want to do. I'm still waiting to see a HB pass.