Clemens.....the future?

i'm making this post after watching yet another game where the jets just can't get it done, and a game where our future QB throws an ugly pick six and isn't allowed back in the game even after being cleared to do so. Pennington, the guy everybody hates, comes in and plays well and is a few bad luck plays from putting points on the board and putting the Jets in position to make a run at a victory.

maybe i'm just a little bummed after watching another Jets loss riddled with what if's. What if: Baker doesn't fumble and the Jets get a FG. Jmac doesn't drop/bobble 3-4 balls (TD!) Nugent makes a friggin 30 yard FG! (he's average at best)

it's just the same ol' story no matter who's under center at QB. the offense is incapable of putting up points. i just can't see how Barton is so optimistic about next year (see his post) the only thing i'm sure about is since KC has been starting, he's very good at imitating Chad and throwing INT's better than Chad himself is. it's also frustrating that our backup QB comes in and plays better (in my opinion) than our starting QB could've. i realize we have to "give him time.." but if KC is the guy, shouldn't we be seeing more? shouldn't we be seeing glimpses of great? maybe i'm missing it and it's really there. but i don't hear the praise for him that we even heard for Pennington when he was just starting out. and please don't think this a pro-Pennington/anti-Clemens thread because it's not. this is a totally frustrated thread about this team just not showing anything to be excited about besides Leon Washington and the young defensive players at times.

it just seems like it's time for the Jets to have that young QB that we all thought Chad was going to be. i thought, like most of us here, that Clemens was that guy. but it seems as though he's not "that guy", as least not yet. i don't want the Jets to target a QB in the draft like others have hinted at here.

i'm starting to think that NIGHT STALKER is onto something with his theory that the future QB of the Jets is not on this squad.

i'm making this post after watching yet another game where the jets just can't get it done, and a game where our future QB throws an ugly pick six and isn't allowed back in the game even after being cleared to do so. Pennington, the guy everybody hates, comes in and plays well and is a few bad luck plays from putting points on the board and putting the Jets in position to make a run at a victory.

maybe i'm just a little bummed after watching another Jets loss riddled with what if's. What if: Baker doesn't fumble and the Jets get a FG. Jmac doesn't drop/bobble 3-4 balls (TD!) Nugent makes a friggin 30 yard FG! (he's average at best)

it's just the same ol' story no matter who's under center at QB. the offense is incapable of putting up points. i just can't see how Barton is so optimistic about next year (see his post) the only thing i'm sure about is since KC has been starting, he's very good at imitating Chad and throwing INT's better than Chad himself is. it's also frustrating that our backup QB comes in and plays better (in my opinion) than our starting QB could've. i realize we have to "give him time.." but if KC is the guy, shouldn't we be seeing more? shouldn't we be seeing glimpses of great? maybe i'm missing it and it's really there. but i don't hear the praise for him that we even heard for Pennington when he was just starting out. and please don't think this a pro-Pennington/anti-Clemens thread because it's not. this is a totally frustrated thread about this team just not showing anything to be excited about besides Leon Washington and the young defensive players at times.

it just seems like it's time for the Jets to have that young QB that we all thought Chad was going to be. i thought, like most of us here, that Clemens was that guy. but it seems as though he's not "that guy", as least not yet. i don't want the Jets to target a QB in the draft like others have hinted at here.

i'm starting to think that SoFlaJet is onto something with his theory that the future QB of the Jets is not on this squad.

SoFlaJet? Damn, I thought it was me!

Do you really trust this CS to handle and develop a young player? Do you really trust this CS in terms of evaluating talent? So far they've hit on Revis and Harris imo and that's it. If they continue to add 2 players a year in the Revis and Harris mold, we'll actually be okay, but that's only if KC is the QB of the future and other positions are addressed through FA.

I'm not a fan of this coaching but what about Mangold????

You're right, I forgot him. That takes us up to 3 in two years, with one of those picks being a Center in the first round, which is a very high pick for that position, not that I am complaining.

The guy throws one pass in the whole game and throws a pick which isn't even his fault and he's being blamed for this loss. Pathetic. I just don't get other Jets fans sometimes. I guess all these years without a super bowl makes some other fans crazy and senial.

Dude, I don't know if you're referring to me or not. But, I'll reply like you were! Here it is for the umpteenth time. I don't like Pennington or Clemens...has nothing to do with him throwing the pick today or not.

You're right, I forgot him. That takes us up to 3 in two years, with one of those picks being a Center in the first round, which is a very high pick for that position, not that I am complaining.

Leon too but IMO we don't utilize him well at all. The CS/FO hasn't been too abd in terms of drafting. Personally I've been happy with the high picks at least. Brick is really starting to improve.

Then though we have free agency and player trades, were this CS has absolutely shat the bed.

Kimo?? Terrible

Barlow?? Awful

TJ?? Waste

Dyson?? Average

Coleman?? Decent

Kendall situation?? Ugh

Overall I've been unhappy with this CS/FO and IMO changes need to be made. It's even worse on the field. We've been basically giving opposing team incredible advantages over us because of these consistent stupid desicions and bad playcalling. They better have one heck of an off-season, otherwise we're heading for much of the same in 2008.

The guy throws one pass in the whole game and throws a pick which isn't even his fault and he's being blamed for this loss. Pathetic. I just don't get other Jets fans sometimes. I guess all these years without a super bowl makes some other fans crazy and senial.

i'm not freaking out or blaming him for this loss or writing him off completely, so please don't put words in my mouth. i am just saying that he isn't blowing me away and i'm guessing not totally impressing anybody else either. i'm sorry for questioning his "future QB" status after watching another unimpressive outing in which he's not allowed back in the game. this following a less than impressive outing last week.

i just want to know when are we going to see IT! that's all. i understand he needs time, but at least show progress and more than just a few glimpses of great QB play. i'm not lobbying for Pennington or drafting a QB (yet). i just want to be impressed by him more than once a game.

and don't say that pick wasn't his fault. just like whenever Chad threw picks, a lot of it is on the QB. i just don't see the QB i thought we were going to see. and i'm sorry if i'm alone on this one. and please don't call me pathetic for questioning the state of this team after another couple of lackluster offensive performances.

The guy throws one pass in the whole game and throws a pick which isn't even his fault and he's being blamed for this loss. Pathetic.

as Payton Manning says there's a story behind every INT, but no one is interested

Clemens could have thrown that ball away or just eaten the safety. It was his fault, he is the QB, that's what being the QB is all about.

Todays QB performance was terrible for ALL 3 that played the position.

I havent seen a confident surefire QB leader on this team in longtime.

The QB stirs the drink and when they mope on the field look confused at the line of scrimmage they give the DEFENSE the edge. We are 3-11 for a reason.

i'm not freaking out or blaming him for this loss or writing him off completely, so please don't put words in my mouth. i am just saying that he isn't blowing me away and i'm guessing not totally impressing anybody else either. i'm sorry for questioning his "future QB" status after watching another unimpressive outing in which he's not allowed back in the game. this following a less than impressive outing last week.

i just want to know when are we going to see IT! that's all. i understand he needs time, but at least show progress and more than just a few glimpses of great QB play. i'm not lobbying for Pennington or drafting a QB (yet). i just want to be impressed by him more than once a game.

and don't say that pick wasn't his fault. just like whenever Chad threw picks, a lot of it is on the QB. i just don't see the QB i thought we were going to see. and i'm sorry if i'm alone on this one. and please don't call me pathetic for questioning the state of this team after another couple of lackluster offensive performances.

I agree! Clemens did not lose this game...but his short career so far has not impressed me. The facts are we need a some talent on the OL to determine if he is capable...until then he will never develop into someone that can lead the JETS to the Super Bowl.

Todays QB performance was terrible for ALL 3 that played the position.

I havent seen a confident surefire QB leader on this team in longtime.

The QB stirs the drink and when they mope on the field look confused at the line of scrimmage they give the DEFENSE the edge. We are 3-11 for a reason.

You're right! Our QB"s are lacking something... It's an intangible called "Charisma". It's when you can feel confident as a player or a fan that your QB can lead you to a win no matter what the score, or how much time is left on the clock. He could be having a bad day but when push comes to shove, he finds a way to win or make it interesting in the end. Joe Namath had it, Joe Montana, Bart Starr, Johny Unitas, Dan Marino, they all had "it" to name a few. Bart Farve has it, Tom Brady has it, you know others that have "it".

Our QB's don't have "it". Now, that being said, I'm not saying we should draft a QB in the first round, but we sure as h*ll have to keep looking until we find a QB that has "it". He can come in the later rounds, or even an undrafted FA.

The guy throws one pass in the whole game and throws a pick which isn't even his fault and he's being blamed for this loss. Pathetic. .

I guess that was chads fault? oh wait the guy selling popcorn in section 312. ok blame the O-line, the same o-line chad had but all his picks where HIS fault.

LoL what a JOKE!

I don't know. I hope we see something from KC, but so far all I've seen are a couple of ok drives and a ton of non scoring drives. We can say QB's like Manning had bad first years, but even so, Manning through 26 TDs in his first year on a 3-13 team. So far KC has not had any "WOW" games.

That is what I want to see either in the next two games or in the first 8 games of next season. One of those games where you think "WOW" even in a loss because of a bad turnover.

It's one thing to have 10 picks in 6 games. It's another to have 10 picks in 6 games but an impressive 3 TD 350 Yard game performance in a loss thrown into that mix. The only game he won so far was more because of the defense, the Steelers poor play, and Leon Washington. He had a decent drive to end that game, but other than that, he wasn't that impressive.

I guess I'd like to see him throw for 300 Yards and have 3 TDs against the Titans or Chiefs compared to a bunch of Chad like performances. Chad was never the "WOW" guy. He had some ok performances, won some games, but in the end, when he played the better teams, he just never came up with those game changing passes or runs. He was a QB who needed the rest of his team to play almost perfect to win. And I don't know but it seems most teams who need everybody to play perfectly don't seem to be legit contenders. Most of the legit contenders over the years had that QB who could win a game even if the team was playing poorly. The Jets never have that and they never really win either.

At this point KC really doesn't look that much different than Chad. He has a strong arm, but so far he's more Vick than Pennington when it comes to accuracy. And that's not a good thing. But regardless the Jets offense still can't score, the Jets OL still sucks, the JETS WR can never get open, and neither QB seems to improve the running game. And that was the theory about Chad by a few people. Dump Chad and KC would improve the running game because of his arm strength. Yeah so much for that theory.

I don't know about you, but I'm drinking some Clemenade right now, and it's going down smooooooooooooooooooooooooth.

Yeah baby, thats what I'm talking about!

Jets fo life! Kwanzaa out!

\:D/

Clemenade is gonna give you gas and a headache in the morning.It looks good tastes good but does NOTHING for you.Sort of like Kellen Clemens.

Clemens arm actually isn't THAT strong. It's stronger than Pennington's but does anybody really think it's Favre or Cutler-like? Man why didn't we take Cutler instead of Brick? I guess no point in crying about it now, but if we had Cutler I'd definitely feel more confident, especially playing in Giants Stadium and the Northeast in general.

as Payton Manning says there's a story behind every INT, but no one is interested

Clemens could have thrown that ball away or just eaten the safety. It was his fault, he is the QB, that's what being the QB is all about.

Whatever Im not making excuses for him if the protection was fine and he throws a sh*tty pass then that's his fault or if he doesn't see anyone open downfield and he forces it into coverage thats his fault too. It's not his fault he gets practically blindsided because Clarke *****ed up his block.

Whatever Im not making excuses for him if the protection was fine and he throws a sh*tty pass then that's his fault or if he doesn't see anyone open downfield and he forces it into coverage thats his fault too. It's not his fault he gets practically blindsided because Clarke *****ed up his block.

But it is Chad's fault when the same things happen? That's what makes no sense.

You don't seem to understand some of the posters here. Some of these guys are very young...they have favorite players and they see only what they want to see. If it doesn't fit their agenda, it's always going to be the other guy's fault.

You don't seem to understand some of the posters here. Some of these guys are very young...they have favorite players and they see only what they want to see. If it doesn't fit their agenda, it's always going to be the other guy's fault.

I hope KC is that QB of the future.. I just don't see no difference between him or Chad at this point and I think Chad just isn't a QB who can get the job done. He really never could against the better teams.

I wish KC had one of those 3 TD 350 yard performances where we'd be like, "WOW" this kid looks great and could be great." All we've seen so far is a kid who throws too many picks, acts like Eli Manning half the time, and really doesn't do much for most of games. He's had a good drive here and there, but if JMAC makes that catch is something that could have been said today regarding Chad as well. Yeah the OL stinks and if they get a better OL, better WR's and a better RB, things might get better. Then again, I haven't seen the Colts complaining about 4 backup OL starting, their starting RB playing hurt, and Marvin Harrision missing most of this season or Manning not having one of his typical great seasons.

I wish I could say KC is the QB of the future, but at this point, I have no clue and if he misses the rest of this year, what do we do next season? Go into the year having traded Chad and hoping KC is the future or hoping he is healthy? Talk about not hoping for another "rebuilding" year that turns into "We are the 49ers and Lions" and are always rebuilding.

Veteran QBs arent allowed to make those types of stupid mistakes. Young QBs, esp 1st year starters are expected to do those types of things and are therefore given leeway. It is part of the process of a young QBs development.

Veteran QBs arent allowed to make those types of stupid mistakes. Young QBs, esp 1st year starters are expected to do those types of things and are therefore given leeway. It is part of the process of a young QBs development.

Barton, No QB should make that throw. It was just inexcusable I'm afraid.

I hope KC is that QB of the future.. I just don't see no difference between him or Chad at this point and I think Chad just isn't a QB who can get the job done. He really never could against the better teams.

I wish KC had one of those 3 TD 350 yard performances where we'd be like, "WOW" this kid looks great and could be great." All we've seen so far is a kid who throws too many picks, acts like Eli Manning half the time, and really doesn't do much for most of games. He's had a good drive here and there, but if JMAC makes that catch is something that could have been said today regarding Chad as well. Yeah the OL stinks and if they get a better OL, better WR's and a better RB, things might get better. Then again, I haven't seen the Colts complaining about 4 backup OL starting, their starting RB playing hurt, and Marvin Harrision missing most of this season or Manning not having one of his typical great seasons.

I wish I could say KC is the QB of the future, but at this point, I have no clue and if he misses the rest of this year, what do we do next season? Go into the year having traded Chad and hoping KC is the future or hoping he is healthy? Talk about not hoping for another "rebuilding" year that turns into "We are the 49ers and Lions" and are always rebuilding.

We bring in a Vet to compete with him in TC for the job if we have soured on him that much. I think right now it may be a open competition anyway. Mangini wont let the fact that Kellen is a 2nd rd pick stand in the way of improving the position if possible. I think at the end of the day though he gives Kellen all next year before looking in another direction.

The Jets are solid OL and consistent QB play away from becoming a good team again.

We bring in a Vet to compete with him in TC for the job if we have soured on him that much. I think right now it may be a open competition anyway. Mangini wont let the fact that Kellen is a 2nd rd pick stand in the way of improving the position if possible. I think at the end of the day though he gives Kellen all next year before looking in another direction.

The Jets are solid OL and consistent QB play away from becoming a good team again.

Just dont let that Vet be Vinny Testaverde...............................................

Bring in a vet? We already brought in a vet this year...Chad Pennington. And if memory serves me right, he beat the snot out of KC in training camp.

We need some fresh meat in here at the QB position...I've soured on both of these guys.

We need to concentrate on that offensive offensive line.

The problem is it shouldn't be that hard. If they draft an OL In the 2nd round and they sign Faneca, that should give them at least 4 decent OL. If they can't work with that, they can't work with anything. I think this offense is bad not just because of the OL. TJ can't break tackles and really isn't that good of a runner. I thought he did ok in Chicago, but if you've watched his career, he's had 2 good seasons and the rest not so good. He does not improve this team at all. Washington is barely used. Cotchery is only good when there is a better WR in the game. Maybe he's an Peerless Price kind of guy. Once he left the Bills and Eric Moulds, he sucked. Don't think he's that bad, but then again Price was great on the Bills.

The OL should not be that hard to improve. I really don't think the OL is the biggest problem. Yeah it sucks, but regardless they can never score even when the QB gets some time. It is a combo of the OL sucking, the QB not being that great, and the WR never really getting open. What they don't have is a playmaker that teams fear and gear up on.

Bring in a vet? We already brought in a vet this year...Chad Pennington. And if memory serves me right, he beat the snot out of KC in training camp.

We need some fresh meat in here at the QB position...I've soured on both of these guys.

If Pennington is traded we bring in a veteran was my point. The Pennington we saw earlier this season after the ankle injury was not the same player we had seen over the years. He added critical mistakes at crucial times to his previously displayed physical limitations. IE.....what made him bearable and a threat to win more than he lost went away.

I think he'll rebound and do a nice job someplace next year.

As for Kellen, I don't think any NFL staff gives up on a QB they drafted after a handfull of games. He may turn out not to be the guy but it's too soon to officially stamp him as so.

Right now Chad remains the best QB on the team but we still owe Kellen the normal time a young QB is given before making a decision on his future with the team.

Coaching Staffs are not in the race fans are to be the first "I told you so guy".