HAVE FAITH IN THE 2008 J-E-T-S........

joiseyjet

Because if Dallas released that PSL bill this year & they are opening their new stadium in 2009 that means we will get our bill at the end of next season & there`s no-way WOODY wants to send out a bill like that following a season that had a record this bad ,So I see us going all out in FA signing the best of everyone just so everyone thinks this team is worth paying that huge PSL for...

We can only hope Joisey..spending money does not guarantee results but this talent base has to be upgraded...as for the PSLs, Woody will do what he does best..screw the fans....I am dying to see them raise ticket prices this year

& I` am sure WOODY will be happy to Oblige you in the raiseing of ticket prices this year inspite of how crappy we did. they have a sched. of how much they want tick. prices at by the time the new stadium opens & they won`t double increases next year so that don`t have to do it this year.......Hell my stinking METS raised prices %20 across the board for next season inspite of how they finished !!!

Actually it`s the 68 season /69 superbowl and since we`re not making the 2008 superbowl the next possible one is 2009 ,so we are looking at 40 years and counting

well i'm only 27....so I wasn't around back then to root for them. :)

last night they showed a graphic on the Bears' record

2000; 5-11

2001; 13-3

2002; 4-12

2003; 7-9

2004; 5-11

2005; 11-5

2006; 13-3

2007; 5-9

the thing this says to me is you can go from a crappy team to an elite in a year

2001's team was a joke. That team was led by, I believe, Jim Miller and lost in the Divisional Round to Philadelphia, at home.

2001's team was a joke. That team was led by, I believe, Jim Miller and lost in the Divisional Round to Philadelphia, at home.

what it shows and why it gives me hope 124 is that there is a definite possiblity to turn things around pretty quickly in this era of parity-and who knows maybe Brady goes down for the count and then the division is wide open again-maybe those LBers suddenly get real old real fast

You can turn a franchise around with good drafting, good free agent signings and luck.

as for thye second one there faba-it's not just gonna take "good FA signings" it's going to take BOLD moves if we want to compete again in our division-no ticky tacky stuff, like when we bring a guy in and then never hear anything about it again-don't let guys like Faneca leave Long Island without a having him signed...

SoFla, I think we've seen that in our own franchise as well, especially since 2002.

1998: 12-4

1999: 8-8

2000: 9-7

2001: 10-6

2002: 9-7

2003: 6-10

2004: 10-6

2005: 4-12

2006: 10-6

2007: 3-11 thus far

Now I'd like to see New England come down to earth and start playing like the rest of the league-one guy has to be dealt with and we all know who that is if we want to see the Pats reign of terror end

The problem is the Jets are in the AFC and unless the Colts, Pats, Chargers, Jags, Steelers, and everybody else suck, on top of teams who have bad seasons, it's always an uphill battle. Yeah they might go 10-6 and sneak into the playoffs one year, but in the end, they really never seem to be closer to a SB. We went through it with Parcells who had one close year and nothing else. The Herm era had that one close year and nothing else.

So far with Mangini there was one ok year and one horrible year. If they go 10-6 and lose in the wildcard game next year, it really doesn't mean they are any closer.

Yeah teams can go from worst to first, but how many of those teams really make a dent in the playoffs?

Over the past how many years teams like the Pats, Colts, Seahawks, Eagles, Raiders, Steelers, Panthers, and so on have made the super bowl. Those teams all won their divisions at least once, if not multiple times over the past 10 years or so. Even the Pats lost a SB to the Packers in 1997. Hey if the Jets make it to the SB in one of those freak lucky years, I'd be happy, but depending on an exception isn't always the best hope.

Teams that contend on a consistent basis have a clue how to replace talent. This notion that you need 25 of the same guys for 5 years just doesn't work in the NFL anymore. Take a look around. Teams like the Steelers have one bad season and suddenly are super bowl contenders the next year because they know how to bring in talent. Same goes for the COlts, Pats, and so on.

It's nice to think if they bring in Jake Long and some other OL that those guys would suddenly make this OL great. But look around the NFL. How many teams have the same starting OL today compared to last season, compared to the season before. How many have the same starters? Great teams seem to know how to replace good players and have a clue how to add depth. It seems the Jets are depending on drafting 22 good players only to have their season crushed when one of those guys leaves through FA or gets hurt. When teams avg about 8 or 9 injuries per year, it becomes more like, DOes the team have a clue how to build a team... It's one thing if your star QB goes down, it's another if you dump a guy like Kendall and suddenly the OL takes ten steps back. That's called a team who has no clue how to replace players. Kendall's an avg OL.

Archived