Question for any HR people

JerryK

I think I just hosed my brother.

He went to a local utility company to take some pre-interview tests (mechanical aptitude, math, etc). It's a power-plant operator position, so I'd call it semi-skilled.

Some of the tests were the computerized multiple-choice "a b c d" type.

Well, on one of the tougher tests he couldn't finish, he answered "c" on the last 8 or so.

He told me he did this per advice I'd given him a while back.

Now I'm all worried that the HR people are going to interpret his move as "taking shortcuts" or an ethical lapse!!!

Am I overreacting?

He went to a local utility company to take some pre-interview tests (mechanical aptitude, math, etc). It's a power-plant operator position, so I'd call it semi-skilled.

Well, on one of the tougher tests he couldn't finish, he answered "c" on the last 8 or so.

Now I'm all worried that the HR people are going to interpret his move as "taking shortcuts" or an ethical lapse!!!

Am I overreacting?

depends on method of scoring,,On some tests There is no penalty for incorrect answers, so you have nothing to lose by answering all C,,

some tests however mark off more for incorrect answer..

the key is finding the tests scoring criteria BEFORE you take the test

depends on method of scoring,,On some tests There is no penalty for incorrect answers, so you have nothing to lose by answering all C,,

some tests however mark off more for incorrect answer..

the key is finding the tests scoring criteria BEFORE you take the test

Thanks, I'm just worried this is seen as some sort of ethical lapse....I've never thought of it that way before, but now I'm freaking out.

Am I overreacting?

Chill out, Jerry. IMO you ARE over reacting. Relax