Sign in to follow this  
nj meadowlands

Wow... Curt Schilling needs to shut the **** up

Yes, please tell us more Joba. Your 2 months experience in major league baseball will enlighten me to the plights and ills.

Scott, look at this way. Just because Joba hasn't been in the bigs that long means what? I think he knows Clemens quite well...how much time has Mitchell spent in the bigs...he's depending strictly on what someone said or saw...isn't that what everyone seems to be doing? How many failed drug tests did Roger take?

Scott, look at this way. Just because Joba hasn't been in the bigs that long means what? I think he knows Clemens quite well...how much time has Mitchell spent in the bigs...he's depending strictly on what someone said or saw...isn't that what everyone seems to be doing? How many failed drug tests did Roger take?

I work with people for two months, and you know what, I don't know them very well.

Mitchell's report did npot need him to spend time in the Big Leagues. he was investigating transgressions of players on engaing in illegal (in society) activities. That does not require that you be a player.

If Roger has taken steroids is mostly irrelavent to the big picture. We know that players have talken them. We know that the player's union has stonewalled attempts to toughen policies and testing.

If it takes a Curt Schilling to speak out against other players doing steroids, and it helps in cleaning the sport, speak away. i don't care if it was Roger Clemens or Mark Carreon that he was speaking out against.

Let's get it fixed, rather than just head bobbing of players and the union.

Scott is dead on correct here.

If MLB or the MLBPA had nothing to hide then why did they basically stonewall Mitchell at every turn ?

There were very few people on that list that were new from what we heard from in the past.

The only way this ever gets fixed is very simply this.

Congress gets involved and threatens to pull all anti-trust exemptions that MLB has.

It happened last year when MLB extra innings was going to be a direct TV exclusive. Some (I forget who though at this time) politcian started making a stink about it and was threatning MLB anti-trust exemptions and suddenly that idea the Direct TV exclusive went away REAL FAST.

If Schilling pitched for anybody other than the Red Sox right now would people be so up in arms ?

I'm not. I'm like Dierk. I want MORE players to come out and speak against it.

Yes, please tell us more Joba. Your 2 months experience in major league baseball will enlighten me to the plights and ills.

He's a better pitcher than anyone the Mets have. I know that bothers you.

If MLB or the MLBPA had nothing to hide then why did they basically stonewall Mitchell at every turn ?

There were very few people on that list that were new from what we heard from in the past.

The only way this ever gets fixed is very simply this.

Congress gets involved and threatens to pull all anti-trust exemptions that MLB has.

It happened last year when MLB extra innings was going to be a direct TV exclusive. Some (I forget who though at this time) politcian started making a stink about it and was threatning MLB anti-trust exemptions and suddenly that idea the Direct TV exclusive went away REAL FAST.

If Schilling pitched for anybody other than the Red Sox right now would people be so up in arms ?

I'm not. I'm like Dierk. I want MORE players to come out and speak against it.

I'm like Dierk and you as well, don't get me wrong. But the problem is, just as it has always been before, is Schilling is only doing this to get his name and face in the spotlight. I guarantee you, even after having written this blog, that if baseball approaches Mr. Schilling he again will say "I invoke my right to the 5th amendment". If Schilling really cares so much, why not out some of the guys he has played with in the past? The only reason there are so few Phillies, DBacks, Red Sox on the list is because they don't have trainers being indicted with charges. So, Mr Schilling, why not call out some of the teammates you have undoubtedly seen or heard use steroids that you played with in the past, as you have Bonds and Clemens? It pains me that I might actually be pefrceived as defending Bonds or Clemens because I think they are both scumbags, but Schilling is just as big a scumbag and contributes as much to the problem as anyone short of actually using himself (assuming he doesn't, of course).

• Upvote 1

I think you must have popped in the wrong thread. No one was commenting on his abilities.

Exactly...I am assuming Schilling is guilty as well because I heard the same things about him a couple of years ago that I heard about Clemens.

Schilling would be the dumbest mother****, if he is a juicer and he made those comments. I mean should he get caught, he would get destroyed worst than Bonds is, so i doubt he is a juicer, a jack@ass probably but not a juicer.

If Schilling, like Frank Thomas, spoke under oath before Congress and openly to Mitchell, we could take him seriously. Instead, he did the easy thing, piling on Clemens(who, again, I admit, might deserve all this)wehn he's down. If he's so outpsoken and an advocate for clean baseball, why didn't he speak under oath before Congress?

If Schilling, like Frank Thomas, spoke under oath before Congress and openly to Mitchell, we could take him seriously. Instead, he did the easy thing, piling on Clemens(who, again, I admit, might deserve all this)wehn he's down. If he's so outpsoken and an advocate for clean baseball, why didn't he speak under oath before Congress?

Agreed. This is a case where his actions should speak louder than his words. Piling on, indeed.

OTOH goose:

Former Yankees reliever Goose Gossage, though, was highly critical of Clemens, saying the Cy Young awards Clemens won in 1997, '98 and 2001 should be taken away.

"If Roger cheated, what do the numbers mean? They mean nothing," Gossage told the Bergen Record on Thursday. "Roger has always been a production, everything he's done has been a production. He's always wanted the attention. He's probably getting a lot more attention now than he ever wanted.

"With Clemens, you just shake your head and wonder how it all happened, how it came to this. I mean, why didn't the Red Sox re-sign him [after the 1996 season]? All of a sudden his numbers started getting crazy when he was supposed to be getting older.

"There's no way [those post-1996 Cy Young awards] can stand."

That doesn't make any sense. Why then did Schilling not speak at the Congressional hearings and refuse to meet with Mitchell? After all, he "doesn't have anything to hide."

ppsssssst...Maybe that's because Bonds admitted he took steroids. Ever think about that? NO, it MUST be because Clemens played for the Yankees.

Try rereading what I responded to. :rolleyes:

:rl: That's what I was thinking as I read it. Truly laughable. I love the spot where he says " He's been successful for so long he's obviously doing something right". Yeah, just like Bonds. :rl::rl:

WTF ?? What bothers YOU is the Red Sox won the World Series.

WTF ?? What bothers YOU is the Red Sox won the World Series.

You know, I hope you don't clump all Yankee fans in with that post. It doesn't bother me at all the Sox have won two WS championships and the Yanks have won zero within that same time frame. Maybe to younger Yankees fans, but not this one. 13 championships in my lifetime for the Yanks...no team is going to catch that before your or I decide to move on.

You know, I hope you don't clump all Yankee fans in with that post. It doesn't bother me at all the Sox have won two WS championships and the Yanks have won zero within that same time frame. Maybe to younger Yankees fans, but not this one. 13 championships in my lifetime for the Yanks...no team is going to catch that before your or I decide to move on.

Patriots? ;)

No Night Stalker, absolutely not. Anskyruben has a huge problem with Red Sox fans. When he had that fire this summer and didn't wany any Red Sox fan offering good luck wishes that spoke volumes. Yeah you and I HAVE been around quite a while and shared a lot of the same experiences but you're right... No team is going to duplicate that 13. All the best man. ;)

No Night Stalker, absolutely not. Anskyruben has a huge problem with Red Sox fans. When he had that fire this summer and didn't wany any Red Sox fan offering good luck wishes that spoke volumes. Yeah you and I HAVE been around quite a while and shared a lot of the same experiences but you're right... No team is going to duplicate that 13. All the best man. ;)

Here's the problem though (and it's the wrong forum as you pointed out to PFSIKH above), I don't think I'm going to live long enough to see the Jets win the big one.