Duke Basketball thread

NYjet10

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No Lawson killed the Heels tonight. Just look at their turnover numbers. If he is running the point, that number is cut in half. Duke played well tonight and took advantage of the situation, good job by them.

Both teams make Final Four in my opinion. Not alot of good teams in NCAA this year that I feel can make run at title.

No Lawson killed the Heels tonight. Just look at their turnover numbers. If he is running the point, that number is cut in half. Duke played well tonight and took advantage of the situation, good job by them.

I've always said that the one player we could absolutely not afford to lose was ty....q is a good guy who gives alot of effort, but he just does not have the talent to be an effective pg....and it was very evident tonight.

I've always said that the one player we could absolutely not afford to lose was ty....q is a good guy who gives alot of effort, but he just does not have the talent to be an effective pg....and it was very evident tonight.

ellington was the reason holes lost, he shoots normally and it is a 1 point

game, even with lawson out

duke cannot rebound, will be their downfall

singler looks like a bettah version of laettner

Surprising result to me anyway. North Carolina and Duke will battle for number one seeding in NCAA touney.

both could get #1 seeds anyway

UNC will beat Duke in Cameron, hard to sweep

Both teams have major flaws and i would not be surprised to see either

of them knocked out b4 final 4

UNC Terrible D

Duke Terrible rebounding

Are you kidding me? You can have that game, Lawson starts the next game, the boys inside game shuts you down!

you can whine all you want

UNC lost and got all the calls

One playa should not make a difference at parade all america U.

Ellington Lost the game.deal with it

Ellington Lost the game.deal with it

It wasnt just Ellington....the lack of defense..the poor shooting decisions..the turnovers and having quentin thomas at the point who does not have the talent to play in big games like that..this was a team effort and a team loss

It wasnt just Ellington....the lack of defense..the poor shooting decisions..the turnovers and having quentin thomas at the point who does not have the talent to play in big games like that..this was a team effort and a team loss

If ellington shoots like he normally does, this is a 1 pt game

UNC's Def has sucked all year, they have great a O

thomas played good and you got more points from ginyard than expected

they will split series and play in ACC tournament

March is all that counts IMO

Yeah sure like 2night

the calls went UNC's way 2night

Go Duke!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What game were you watching?

There's no question Ty is our most important player especially when Frasor is out. Thomas played as well as we could have expected but it's a HUGE dropoff from Ty to Q and I knew we had little chance the moment Lawson went down against FSU. We will also have problems against Clemson tomorrow, they tore apart Q the last game and now a full game against him? Clemson could get win #1 at Chapel Hill.

Surprising result to me anyway. North Carolina and Duke will battle for number one seeding in NCAA touney.

It wasn't surprising. First off it's a rivalry(the best in all of sports) so nothing should be surprising and secondly Carolina played w/ a 3rd string PG. I was hopeful for a W but expected a loss.

I thionm it becomes a best of 3 w/ UNC and duke. If Carolina beat them in Cameron the winner of the ACC Title Game will then get the 1 in the East which will be huge b/c the Regional is in Charlotte. I don't think both will get #1's, the other 3 #1s will be KU, Memphis and UCLA.

If ellington shoots like he normally does, this is a 1 pt game

UNC's Def has sucked all year, they have great a O

thomas played good and you got more points from ginyard than expected

they will split series and play in ACC tournament

March is all that counts IMO

The teams haven't played in the title game of the ACC Tourney since 2001 so hopefully both make it and hopefully it's a rubber game.

I hate to admit but duke is looking like a FF caliber team. They will win the ACC reg season and depending upon the 2nd UNC game and the ACC Tounrey they'll likely have a 1 seed. I think this might be the rat's best coaching job.

K actually decided to bring in some athletes. Duke's very good this year. Unlike other years recently were they were ridicuously overrated simply because they were Duke.

I hate to admit but duke is looking like a FF caliber team. They will win the ACC reg season and depending upon the 2nd UNC game and the ACC Tounrey they'll likely have a 1 seed. I think this might be the rat's best coaching job.

live by the three, die by the three. the lack of an inside game will hurt them in march. shooters are bound to hit a slump.

K actually decided to bring in some athletes. Duke's very good this year. Unlike other years recently were they were ridicuously overrated simply because they were Duke.

I am nopt overly impressed by the talent duke has but he has the right talent for the style they are playing.

live by the three, die by the three. the lack of an inside game will hurt them in march. shooters are bound to hit a slump.

K has been doing an awful job in the Tourney for well over a decade, the "great" duke program only has advanced beyond the Sweet 16 4 times since 1995 so I expect another Sweet 16 ouster, the difference is before the season I thought it would have been a good year for duke if they reached the Sweet 16 but not it becomes a bad year b/c they will be a 1 seed most likely.

Which is what's going to be Memphis' downfall.

Memphis' downfall will be FT shooting, they have enough size up front.

every year i fall for the memphis hype and wash over the fact that their sked is cake. not this year.

now watch them win it all. :bag:

People have been complaining about Memhis being overhyped for a few years but we all tend to forget they lost in the elite 8 each of the lst 2 years. They were a 1 and lost to 2nd seeded UCLA in '06 and last year they were a 2 and lost to top seeded OSU. That's 2 good runs in the Tourney, it's not like they have been getting knocked out before the Regionals.

Way to go against Wake tonight Dukies!

Yeah, it was beautiful. All of dook's starters foul out, and the rat has that "deer in headlights" look because he can't do anything about it.

Funny thing too, this is dook's second loss of the year, and not one thread like "how bout them holes" that our friend assmop started. Big difference between not just the teams, but the fans.

Yeah, it was beautiful. All of dook's starters foul out, and the rat has that "deer in headlights" look because he can't do anything about it.

Funny thing too, this is dook's second loss of the year, and not one thread like "how bout them holes" that our friend assmop started. Big difference between not just the teams, but the fans.

UNC was projected as top team in the nation, Duke wasn't even close.

I am happy they are a top 10 team again, IMO both teams will not be cutting down the nets this year

UNC 's D blows

Duke- Relies on 3 point shot too much and their rebounding blows

uh, hello...dook was ranked sixth in the country when they lost to pitt.

Are you sure you aren't a pats fan too...you are good at trying to spin info.

Preseason they were not in top 10

i never ever said DUke would be a final 4 team this year

read my posts skippy

Read my posts einstein.

the pitt loss was not in the preseason was it? dook was ranked 6th overall, you said it wasn't even close.

nice try.

Duke was not ranked in Pre-season top 10 simple yes or no answer

they have exceeded my expectations for this year

will they cut down the nets this year in march.....no!!!

can i be more clear?

Duke was not ranked in Pre-season top 10 simple yes or no answer

they have exceeded my expectations for this year

will they cut down the nets this year in march.....no!!!

can i be more clear?

I am not talking about the preseason assmop!! Why cant you get that through your thick skull?? Where in my post did I mention the preseason?? I am talking about dooks loss to pitt when they were ranked sixth in the nation.

how many times must I repeat this??

I am not talking about the preseason assmop!! Why cant you get that through your thick skull?? Where in my post did I mention the preseason?? I am talking about dooks loss to pitt when they were ranked sixth in the nation.

how many times must I repeat this??

What is the big deal about the Pitt game, they are a good team

better than WF. Not ashamed of losing to them at all

Archived