dumbass fan voting

Blackout

Ok... this game is for the fans. It's not for the players. It's for the fans, and what they want to see. I'm sick and tired of the fans getting a bad rap for choosing who they want to see.

The fans are ******* idiots. If you are dumb enough to vote for a player that has been injured for most of a season, then you shouldn't be allowed to vote. I also believe that Cardinal fans should be banned from voting because their ballot stuffing is ridiculous. I'm surprised So Tagguchi isn't in the NL starting lineup.

On a side note, the rest of the world has finally figured out that Jeter is grossly overrated. =D>

I wonder where he'll spend the weekend. :lol:

not so quick dooshey, he can still make the team

On the subject:

This game, IMO, is no longer specifically based just for the fans. It really matters in the end, and its importance cannot be underestimated.

Screw fan voting. Let the managers pick the team.

Beltran? Piazza? Rolen? Edmonds?

WHAT THE F***?!?!

Fan voting IS ridiculous. Baseball is caught in a bind here because they want the game to count, yet Mike Piazza is the catcher for the NL team. Basically, they're awarding home field advantage for the World Series (not that it's historically a huge factor) based on seven year old Timmy Smith voting for all Mets. Tis a joke.

btw, HOW F*CKING EMPTY IS THE YANKEE BANDWAGON NOW? No Jeter? HA! I guess he lost 5,000,000,000 votes because all of those "Yankee die-hards" from the last five years are all big Orioles fans now.

Fan voting IS ridiculous. Baseball is caught in a bind here because they want the game to count, yet Mike Piazza is the catcher for the NL team. Basically, they're awarding home field advantage for the World Series (not that it's historically a huge factor) based on seven year old Timmy Smith voting for all Mets. Tis a joke.

btw, HOW F*CKING EMPTY IS THE YANKEE BANDWAGON NOW? No Jeter? HA! I guess he lost 5,000,000,000 votes because all of those "Yankee die-hards" from the last five years are all big Orioles fans now.

Theres just too many pathetic Yankee haters these days!! They outnumber us!

and shane, Jeter was 2nd in SS voting....

Get this...THE PLAYERS selected Young over Jetes.

I find this surprising because last years all-star team voted Jeter as the player they most think represents the game of baseball and how it should be played.

and shane, Jeter was 2nd in SS voting....

I find this surprising because last years all-star team voted Jeter as the player they most think represents the game of baseball and how it should be played.

I think they also vited for Jeter's agent as the guy who most represents how they want their agents to fleece ownership and ignore subpar stats. :lol:

Could that be because Young is BETTER than Jeter, as I told you before this season? I know it, the players know it, and everyone except for Yankee fans know it.

The fans are farging idiots. If you are dumb enough to vote for a player that has been injured for most of a season, then you shouldn't be allowed to vote. I also believe that Cardinal fans should be banned from voting because their ballot stuffing is ridiculous. I'm surprised So Tagguchi isn't in the NL starting lineup.

So... then all this for the fans stuff is just crap then? The game isn't for the fans to enjoy the people that they wanna see? Who cares if they're freakin idiots or not? If you've got a problem with it, then vote!

And you wonder why people aren't watching baseball on tv... we don't count. We're sports fans and we're going to watch, reguardless. Everyone bitches and moans about how the fans are stupid, and yet wonder why the fans don't come out to the games and all that. I'm tellin ya... it boggles my mind, as to why the fans just don't care. Shooot.

Could that be because Young is BETTER than Jeter, as I told you before this season? I know it, the players know it, and everyone except for Yankee fans know it.

sorry troll. Jeter is still better than Young. Jeters OBP is nearly 20pts higher.

Young hits in the best hitters park in the AL. He's not that great of a hitter as his numbers sugest! And who knows if he would ever put up Jeters numbers as a Yankee, under the pressure. People never say this, but I'll take Jeter over Young or any other SS in MLB because he knows how to win in NY. As you can tell in recent history, some people just don't have the skin for it.

sorry troll. Jeter is still better than Young. Jeters OBP is nearly 20pts higher.

Young hits in the best hitters park in the AL. He's not that great of a hitter as his numbers sugest! And who knows if he would ever put up Jeters numbers as a Yankee, under the pressure. People never say this, but I'll take Jeter over Young or any other SS in MLB because he knows how to win in NY. As you can tell in recent history, some people just don't have the skin for it.

:roll:

For all the advantages Young has by playing in Texas, he hits for higher average, OBP, slugging and OPS on the road. Sorry, the 'Colorado' effect is not as great as you suggest.

I also notice how you forgot to mention that Young has higher numbers in 2Bs, 3Bs, HRs, BA, SLG and OPS. Plus, after that abberation of a decent fielding year, enjoy the gold glove derek it will be your last, Derek has sunk back to his normal mediocre place outside the Top 10.

:roll:

For all the advantages Young has by playing in Texas, he hits for higher average, OBP, slugging and OPS on the road. Sorry, the 'Colorado' effect is not as great as you suggest.

I also notice how you forgot to mention that Young has higher numbers in 2Bs, 3Bs, HRs, BA, SLG and OPS. Plus, after that abberation of a decent fielding year, enjoy the gold glove derek it will be your last, Derek has sunk back to his normal mediocre place outside the Top 10.

Are your panties still in a wad because the Sawx have had inferior shortstop play for the last decade??

Get over it Welcher, DJ is the best al around SS in the bizz, always will be

Are your panties still in a wad because the Sawx have had inferior shortstop play for the last decade??

Get over it Welcher, DJ is the best al around SS in the bizz, always will be

dude, I hate to break it to you, but DJ aint' even the best SS on his team, let alone the entire buisness. Gullien, Young, Tejada, are all better, and that's just the AL and off the top of my head.

At least there's some justice in Derrek Lee winning the 1B spot for the NL.

But Nomar finishing 3rd for NL SS??

:shock:

Let me name 2 guys that impressed the hell out of me this weekend as the Nationals swept my poor little Cubbies.

Catcher Brian Schneider

CF Brad Wilkerson

d

HA! You guys are pathetic.

Carlos Guillen? gimme a kit kat bar, puhleeeeze!

Jeters the best all around SS in the game. Yankee haters love to diss him, but everyone of them would love to have Jeter on their team. 8)

All-Star voting is a little bit of a joke. It's a popularity contest. Although I love David Ortiz - and think his spot on the All-Star team is WELL DESERVED. He was the top vote getter in the entire MLB. The TOP vote getter! He sure is popular! Still, you have to believe that last year's performance against the Yankees is what solidified this status. Those clutch hits, carrying the team on his shoulders, everyone watching.....nobody forgot. Interesting.

Speaking of Sox, Timlim did not get selected. Joke! Francona didn't want to be put in a position to choose between Timlin and Clement - so he picks Colon? Francona playing political games or having zero guts? Timlin deserved the spot - he's having a great year and his performance from last year SHOULD have been rewarded. Bad move, Tito!

HA! You guys are pathetic.

Carlos Guillen? gimme a kit kat bar, puhleeeeze!

Jeters the best all around SS in the game. Yankee haters love to diss him, but everyone of them would love to have Jeter on their team. 8)

Yeah, Carlos Gullien. Y'know, another shortstop better than Jeter. Has better numbers than your god. And that's with playing on one leg this year.

And, may I remind you that Jeter is a Michigan boy, so I have no real ill will towards him.

Jeter isn't the best all around shortstop in the game. He doesn't have an all around game! He can't really hit for power. He's, at best, a slap hitter.

And, like I said before, he's not even the best shortstop on your team! The third baseman is a hundred times better! The only reason that he's not playing short is because Jeter would have thrown a diva hissy fit and cried, bitched, and moaned about it, until he got his way. Super primadonna.

Dude, trust me, Alex Rodriguez is not a better ballplayer than Derek Jeter. I'm not being a homer because both are on the Yankees, so I'm telling it like it is. Arod might post some better stats but when the sh*t hits the fan, Jeters #1. Always was, Always will be.

Dude, trust me, Alex Rodriguez is not a better ballplayer than Derek Jeter. I'm not being a homer because both are on the Yankees, so I'm telling it like it is. Arod might post some better stats but when the Sh#t hits the fan, Jeters #1. Always was, Always will be.

Dude... trust me. AS someone who's an outsider and doesn't care... Alex Rodriguez is better. He's top five in players in all of baseball. Jeter is all hype... vastly overrated.

Dude... trust me. AS someone who's an outsider and doesn't care... Alex Rodriguez is better. He's top five in players in all of baseball. Jeter is all hype... vastly overrated.

How would you know? By looking at the stupid stats or actually watching Yankee games. #-o

Dude, trust me, Alex Rodriguez is not a better ballplayer than Derek Jeter. I'm not being a homer because both are on the Yankees, so I'm telling it like it is. Arod might post some better stats but when the Sh#t hits the fan, Jeters #1. Always was, Always will be.

You have outdone yourself now EB.

You must have a 16 yr old school boy crush on Jeter if you think he even belongs in the same conversation as ARod.

Jeter is a very good player.

Arod and Tejada for that matter are all-time greats at the position of SS.

You have outdone yourself now EB.

You must have a 16 yr old school boy crush on Jeter if you think he even belongs in the same conversation as ARod.

Jeter is a very good player.

Arod and Tejada for that matter are all-time greats at the position of SS.

riiiiight. Like Jeter isn't an alltime great?

His career numbers are way better than Tejadas will every be, except for HRs and RBIs.

Jeter started out and has been playing great for a much longer time. His career BA, OBP will never be touched by tejada. As well as stolen bases, fielding percentage, gold glove awards and hits.

Jeter is an alltimer at SS. If you can't see that, your just being a blind hater. I'm done here

Beltran? Piazza? Rolen? Edmonds?

I'll give you the others, but Piazza is among the leaders at catcher in runs, doubles, homers, RBI, SLG, walks, OBP and OPS. Sure, he's having a crap year, but its still better than most NL catchers.

Piazza, Metheny, Hernandez, LoDuca, and Barrett - its a crapshoot who deserves to start.

How would you know? By looking at the stupid stats or actually watching Yankee games. #-o

Yup... and you'd know more than people who have actually spent their whole lives around the game, which is vastly longer than you've been on this planet. Harold Reynolds said it himself... Derek Jeter only belongs on the all star team because he's the most popular player in the league, that's not under the steriod cloud. The only reason we know who Jeter is, is because he's the shortstop (which became the glory position since Tram, Ripkin, and Smith revolutionized it in the 80's) on the New York Yankees. Miguel Tejada is vastly superior. Alex Rodriguez is vastly superior.

Oh, and being the most popular doesn't equate being the best. Mike Vick is the most popular player in the NFL, and he's clearly not the best player in the league, let alone his position. Manning and Brady are both vastly superior. Then there's about ten more I can name that are vastly superior. Danica Patrick is the most popular driver, pretty much anywhere. Be it NASCAR or where she races, the IRL. She's clearly not the best driver. All these people have the same thing in common... a whole bunch of hype.

Carlos Guillen better than Jeter?

Please explain this one.

With stats or just the fact that he's better? Y'know... since Gullien was behind ARod, he wasn't able to do much, til he came to Detroit, and he kinda had a breakout year. And, on one leg, with only Brandon Inge as support, he is having one hell of a year. Mike Young and Gullien have elevated themselves into the top three in AL shortstops, along with Tejada.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/stats/batting?seasonType=2&type=reg&sort=avg&minpa=150&split=0&season=2005&pos=ss&hand=a&league=al&ageMin=17&ageMax=51

Well, yeah.. I am. Despite the fact that Gullien is on one leg, has no one who can get on base, besides Inge, on the team, and the Tigers suck, he's putting up damn good numbers. Jeter is batting inbetween all world players, with Shef, ARod, and Matsui. So, he's got a bit more protection. and 130 more Ab's. And he's got two legs.

I'm more than happy to have Gullien on my team, and would have him over Jeter. And, I feel he's having a better year.

Ok, so your argument for Guillen is that hes being held back by a poor offense and that Jeters stats are inflated because he's on a better team offensively?

What the hell is he supposed to do, not hit?

Carlos Guillen: Avg HR RBI Runs SB

.337 2 16 27 1

Derek Jeter .302 10 35 61 9

I mean come on here. I know everyone likes to call Jeter overrated, which is expected. But this is ridiculous.

The argument you're using to justify this is weak.

How are you going to score runs if you're not being batted in? How are you going to steal bases on one leg? Or hit for power, for that matter? How are you going to score batters, if they're not on base?

And, considering they're practically equal in on base percantage and slugging percentage, yeah, I'd say Carlos, with his batting average 30 points higher, is better. With just offensive stats. And, they're about equal in fielding percentage. And, considering Gullien is on one leg, that's not that bad at all. (Gullien is .979 and Jeter is .975, just for the record.)

Archived