dumbass fan voting

Blackout

How are you going to score runs if you're not being batted in? How are you going to steal bases on one leg? Or hit for power, for that matter? How are you going to score batters, if they're not on base?

And, considering they're practically equal in on base percantage and slugging percentage, yeah, I'd say Carlos, with his batting average 30 points higher, is better. With just offensive stats. And, they're about equal in fielding percentage. And, considering Gullien is on one leg, that's not that bad at all. (Gullien is .979 and Jeter is .975, just for the record.)

I simply asked if you thought Guillen was having a better year than Jeter. Are you using the fact that hes hurt as the reason why he isnt? Or is he?

Stop wasting your time Matt, SS and all other non-yankee fans will always say Jeter is overrated and he's not the best. Why? Because they know deep down inside they'd rather have Jeter on their team than their own shortstop.

Stop wasting your time Matt, SS and all other non-yankee fans will always say Jeter is overrated and he's not the best. Why? Because they know deep down inside they'd rather have Jeter on their team than their own shortstop.

I'm not even arguing Jeter being the best. I'd take Tejada over Jeter and thats probably it.

Let Michael Young have a few more solid years then come and talk to me.

SS. Stop pretending Jeter was a career .220 hitter before we got Sheffield, Matsui and Arod in our lineup. Jeters been great since his rookie year.

Carlos Guillen? how many ABs does he have this year, homer?

Lets see Guillens stats the past few years. They probably look like stats for a utility player, lol jk!

What is Jeters career POST SEASON avg with runners in scoring position?

RISP with 2 outs?

Late inning close game ie ..3run game 7th inning on?

Look it up.

Now as for THIS Season which happens to be the first time in Jete's career his team has been met with adversity during the regular season.

What is Mr. Clutch hitting in those same situations at a time when a leader should step up?

Look it up.

Remember boys, Yank fans wanted to run Arod out of town last year for Jetes numbers in these same situations.

What is Jeters career POST SEASON avg with runners in scoring position?

RISP with 2 outs?

Late inning close game ie ..3run game 7th inning on?

Look it up.

Now as for THIS Season which happens to be the first time in Jete's career his team has been met with adversity during the regular season.

What is Mr. Clutch hitting in those same situations at a time when a leader should step up?

Look it up.

Remember boys, Yank fans wanted to run Arod out of town last year for Jetes numbers in these same situations.

You're right. It's not just Jeter though. Clutch hitting has plagued this team since 2002.

Holy Canoli, again with the Jeter bashing? I'll bring up a post I wrote 2 weeks ago

Derek Jeter

Heres some numbers from this season

http://baseball.espn.go.com/mlbhist/players/splits?statsId=5406&type=batting&year=2005

Runners on base: .307 BA = .404 OBP

Man on 1st base: .420 BA = .491 OBP

Man on 3rd base: .500 BA = .571 OBP

Men on 2nd and 3rd Base: 400 BA

Men on, 2 outs: .275 BA

Man on 3rd, less than 2 outs: .455 BA

Close and Late: .295 BA

The clutch factor is more than just hitting with RISP. You gotta realize that. When we Yankee fans talk about Jeter being CLUTCH, its because he is always the guy to start rallys with a single or double to get the crowd going late in the game, or taking a walk on a 3-2 count with 2 outs and men on base. All these things come into play when judging the clutch factor.

If you watched Jeter like we Yankee fans do every week, you'd understand this.

http://baseball.espn.go.com/mlb/players/splits3?statsId=5406&type=batting

Last 3 years averaged up (2002-2005)

Runnings in scoring position, 2 outs: .313 BA

Bases loaded: .350 BA

First and Third: .324 BA

Men on base, 2 outs: .293 BA

Man on 3rd base: .429 BA

RISP: 308 BA

Runners On: .310 BA

Man on 3rd base, less than 2 outs: .354 BA

Jeter is CLUTCH.

GimmeShelter has owned Barton numerous times, but little Eric fails to respond whenever he does. The only people that consider Jeter the best shortstop in baseball are blind Yankee homers. Would I prefer to have Jeter on the Cubs? Sure, but that's only because Neifi Perez sucks. If I were building a team from scratch, I would take over half the starting shortstops in the league over Jeter, as well as Hanley Ramirez.

wow, barton just owned shelter =D>

Really ? What are Jeters post season numbers with RISP...RISP 2outs and late (7th inning on)? Horrible.

What are his numbers in those situations this season?

Jeter hits in the clutch when the Yanks are cruising .

Know your info b4 you jump in.

Jeter is hitting .212 with RISP and .184 with RISP and 2 out.

Really ? What are Jeters post season numbers with RISP...RISP 2outs and late (7th inning on)? Horrible.

What are his numbers in those situations this season?

Jeter hits in the clutch when the Yanks are cruising .

Know your info b4 you jump in.

Jeter is hitting .212 with RISP and .184 with RISP and 2 out.

go read your post again, you also stated this season, in which barton statistically molested you as if he was michael jackson

Ok... this game is for the fans. It's not for the players. It's for the fans, and what they want to see. I'm sick and tired of the fans getting a bad rap for choosing who they want to see.

check out Beltrans offense compared to his cross-town counterpart:

carlos beltran: 77/290; .266, 9 HR, 41 RBI, 4 SB, 24 BB, 1 triple

bernie williams: 62/239; .259, 5 hr, 35 RBI, 1 SB, 35 BB, 1 triple

so when Andruw Jones is homering his ass off, and Carlos Lee has 75 RBIs, your okay with ******* Beltran starting as an all-star while barely producing more than 52 year old Bernie Williams?

so when Andruw Jones is homering his a$$ off, and Carlos Lee has 75 RBIs, your okay with farging Beltran starting as an all-star while barely producing more than 52 year old Bernie Williams?

I'd at least rather see a guy who can make a catch patrolling center field rather than some decrepit old vet flailing around just trying to make a play.

Actually, scratch that. The comedic value alone would make me want to see Bernie in center. What's wrong with you, fans? :lol:

so when Andruw Jones is homering his a$$ off, and Carlos Lee has 75 RBIs, your okay with farging Beltran starting as an all-star while barely producing more than 52 year old Bernie Williams?

Rolen is starting as well.

We know Beltran did not deserve the nod...same with Piazza. Beltran has been playing hurt and will turn his season around once fully healthy.

Wrong again. What EB did was pick and choose certain splits from that link to disguise the bottom line...ie 212 with RISP.

No. The bottom line in this whole discussion is you questioning Jeters clutchness that we Yankee fans always talk about. Starting rallys, stealing bases, battling and fighting off pitches and taking the walk to extend the inning is all part of Jeters clutchness. He hasn't owned the playoffs like he did a few years ago, but I think that now he should prove once again why he's the modern day Mr.October. From 2001-2003 he was never healthy in the playoffs and his play really suffered big time. I think everybody will see in the coming years why we Yankee fans always talk about Jeter being clutch. 8)

Archived