What say you know Jeter-apologist?

PFSIKH

Name me one Red Sux player who even comes close to Jeter. Look at his acheivments, reputation and ethics on the field. I will never forget how these same Beans were telling me how great Nosemar was and how Jeter couldn't even carry his shoes. Now look ? Keep throwing stones. We may see some intersting names closer to you home popping up soon. I am not here sticking up for Clemens. I am here asking you people what you expected jeter to say

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

show me proof of payment... that's all I want. Hgh and steroids cost money.. show me a money trail and I'll believe you... show me a needle with dna on it, show me some sort of physical evidence besides the word of someone who in unreliable.

Do you think they were on a witch hunt specifically for Clemens? Why would they be?

Telling lies would not be the right thing to say. If he said the "right" things to them, he would just be telling the truth.

So, why would the investigation be a witch hunt specifically vs Clemens?

<crickets>

You guys are pathetic.

You're outraged with steroids and willing to participate in witch hunts until one of your beloved Yankees gets caught.

maybe people want some real evidence like a confession or a failed test, some sort of paper trail, money trail, any sort of physical evidence. The word of a criminal trying to get out of trouble doesn't do it for me. I'd like at least some hard evidence.

maybe people want some real evidence like a confession or a failed test, some sort of paper trail, money trail, any sort of physical evidence. The word of a criminal trying to get out of trouble doesn't do it for me. I'd like at least some hard evidence.

It's funny that you only need "real evidence" when a Yankee is involved.

It's funny that you can't come up with a coherent response so you keep pulling the "Oh you just support him because he's a Yankee!" defense.

Because that's my entire point.

The hypocrisy of many Yankee fans in this thread, who never seemed to need any hard evidence when they convicted Mark McGwire, Sammy Sosa, and David Ortiz as juicers. But, now that a beloved Yankee is accused of steroid use, we need to have pictures of him with needle in his ass to convict the son of a bitch.

It's funny that you only need "real evidence" when a Yankee is involved.

I want real evidence for everyone, if someone came out and said "big papi juices" I'd ask where is the proof. I'm also glad that you agree that the testimony of someone trying to get out of jail time by telling them what they want to hear isn't real evidence.

The hypocrisy of many Yankee fans in this thread, who never seemed to need any hard evidence when they convicted Mark McGwire, Sammy Sosa, and David Ortiz as juicers. But, now that a beloved Yankee is accused of steroid use, we need to have pictures of him with needle in his ass to convict the son of a bitch.

Oh, and I dislike roger clemens...he;s nothing more than a mercenary...****ing ban him for life for all I care, I just dislike this whole mitchell report as a whole. Where is the real evidence?

Maybe some Yankee fans do, but I never said David Ortiz was on steroids. It's stupid to "convict" a player based on pictures and their stats getting better. It happens in every career. As for Sosa, he's already cheated once (with the corked bat) and he didn't start hitting home runs at a booming rate until he was 30, which just doesn't happen. And McGwire said all he needed to say when he pled the 5th in Congress. If Clemens did/does the same thing I'll no longer support him. But I'm not going to base judgment off of nothing but he said/she said evidence.

Name me one Red Sux player who even comes close to Jeter. Look at his acheivments, reputation and ethics on the field. I will never forget how these same Beans were telling me how great Nosemar was and how Jeter couldn't even carry his shoes. Now look ? Keep throwing stones. We may see some intersting names closer to you home popping up soon. I am not here sticking up for Clemens. I am here asking you people what you expected jeter to say

Nothing.

That was the whole point of my thread. Like everything else Jeter, his leadership or lack thereof is overblown and overrated.

As I said when A-Rod starts getting shiped at, Jeter is the Captain on the biggest team in the sport and arguably the most notable US sports franchise. If he came to the defense of A-Rod, most of the turmoil from when the Red Sox were cutting him down a few years back or his little fling last summer, the issue would be dead quick.

Yet, Jeter feels free to comment on his "buddies" situation. Jeter is over-hyped by the NY media.

Nothing.

That was the whole point of my thread. Like everything else Jeter, his leadership or lack thereof is overblown and overrated.

As I said when A-Rod starts getting shiped at, Jeter is the Captain on the biggest team in the sport and arguably the most notable US sports franchise. If he came to the defense of A-Rod, most of the turmoil from when the Red Sox were cutting him down a few years back or his little fling last summer, the issue would be dead quick.

Yet, Jeter feels free to comment on his "buddies" situation. Jeter is over-hyped by the NY media.

what isn't over-hyped by the ny media?

I have questioned his silent leadership over the years, especially when it came to A-Rod. Now, he comes to defend Rog-ah and Andy.

This speaks volumes of Jeter.

Jeter: Let's not judge Roger yet

BY KAT O'BRIEN | kat.obrien@newsday.com

10:22 PM EST, December 20, 2007

Article tools

E-mail Share

Digg Del.icio.us Facebook Fark Google Newsvine Reddit Yahoo Print Reprints Post Comment Text size: Yankees captain Derek Jeter, speaking before an event for his Turn 2 Foundation Thursday night, urged people not to leap to conclusions about Roger Clemens. Jeter lent support to Clemens and Andy Pettitte, who were named in the Mitchell Report and alleged to have used performance-enhancing drugs.

Jeter said of Clemens, who has denied using steroids: "It seems right now a lot of people are rushing to judgment. You have to let it play out a little bit before you say he is guilty or not guilty."

Pettitte, on the other hand, has admitted using human growth hormone on two occasions while on the disabled list in 2002. Jeter gave him props for stepping forward. "I've talked to Andy and he knows how I feel about him," Jeter said. "It took a lot of courage for him to come out and admit it. He came out and was honest about it and it's time to move on."

As for the Yankees' offseason moves, Jeter said he is glad that Pettitte, Alex Rodriguez, Mariano Rivera, Jorge Posada and Bobby Abreu will return.

The biggest change will be the departure of Joe Torre, who was replaced by Joe Girardi. Jeter always calls Torre "Mr. Torre" or "Mr. T" but said Girardi, a former teammate, will be "Joe." Jeter, who is close to Torre, said, "It's going to be weird. He was always a little Hollywood anyway, I told him. But it's going to be real.ly weird, for me especially."

Jeter was thrilled with the latest event for his ever-growing Turn 2 Foundation, saying: "It means a lot to me and my family. We've touched a lot of lives, a lot more than I thought we would when I started."

Joba Chamberlain made a holiday appearance, too, visiting kids at the Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center Thursday. He also supported Clemens, a mentor of his. "He has nothing left to prove in this game," Chamberlain said. "He has nothing to prove to anybody."

He joked that he had no idea about offseason events because he conveniently "forgot how to read." Actually, he has talked to almost all his teammates and said he is glad A-Rod returned so "I don't have to strike out Alex and make him look bad."

Yeah you're right. Derek Jeter should be throwing his teammates and friends under the bus rather than defending them.

If I am following the logic from you Muts fans correctly, does this mean we will no longer be parading the 86 championship team on the field every chance we get ? It has already been proven IN COURTS, that most of these gusy were on cocaine, amphetamines, and now steroids. It would set a bad example to kids to keep celebrating this group of players. We will be holding players to a higher standard now, as you people are informing us. Derek Jeter should be expected to throw his entire team under the bus, out everyone in the majors he knows. Now I want to keep this standard straight across the board throughout the majors.

We also won't be seeing anyone praise Schilling. He went in front of congress and told us that Steroid use wasn't as big a problem as Canseco said it was. Now what is he telling us on his herpes infected blog ? Can someone please explain to me where the double standard is ? Why isn't Schilling outing players on his team that he knows use or have used steroids ??

If I am following the logic from you Muts fans correctly, does this mean we will no longer be parading the 86 championship team on the field every chance we get ? It has already been proven IN COURTS, that most of these gusy were on cocaine, amphetamines, and now steroids. It would set a bad example to kids to keep celebrating this group of players. We will be holding players to a higher standard now, as you people are informing us. Derek Jeter should be expected to throw his entire team under the bus, out everyone in the majors he knows. Now I want to keep this standard straight across the board throughout the majors.

We also won't be seeing anyone praise Schilling. He went in front of congress and told us that Steroid use wasn't as big a problem as Canseco said it was. Now what is he telling us on his herpes infected blog ? Can someone please explain to me where the double standard is ? Why isn't Schilling outing players on his team that he knows use or have used steroids ??

OK, I'm in. If you want to declare every championship in the last 21 years irrelevant, let's do it.,

It is not what I was in favor of, but it is hard to fight your passion.

Just dont give me your one sided polly anna crap about how you expect Jeter to rise up to your standard and throw everyone he plays with accused under the bus. I know it pains you that his name wasn't on that list. That's the true reason behind the ridiculous madness on this forum. Clemens isn't and never was a real "Yankee". He was a hired gun , that came in and got some rings. He wasn't the catalyst behind those championships. Go ahead and write off anything you want. Just stop being ridiculous with your posting.

Just dont give me your one sided polly anna crap about how you expect Jeter to rise up to your standard and throw everyone he plays with accused under the bus. I know it pains you that his name wasn't on that list. That's the true reason behind the ridiculous madness on this forum. Clemens isn't and never was a real "Yankee". He was a hired gun , that came in and got some rings. He wasn't the catalyst behind those championships. Go ahead and write off anything you want. Just stop being ridiculous with your posting.

Who are you speaking to?

You and everyone else demanding that Jeter come out and throw Clemens and Andy to the wolves.

First, I have said NOTHING about Jeter's statements, other than to marvel at how he can say it took "courage" for Pettite.

If Pettite was courageous in telling the truth, was he cowardly when he lied about it?

Funny stuff from Jetes.

Pettite and Clemens are getting what Barry Bonds has gotten from you and most other fans. If you cheat you get ridiculed. If you are high profile and get caught cheating, you get "thrown to the wolves".

just the way things work.

I have posted many times since this came out that I'm embarassed for all these guys that have been outed and many of whom I rooted for. That being said you are talking about Derek Jeter . How in the world can you not get it through your thick head that , his response, is what was expected from him. Would it make you feel better if he came out and said, " Andy cheated, fawk him "..... This is Major League Baseball. There are hundreds of losers with pencils and a blog, disecting anything said by him. He said what was PC for him to say. You don't know what his personal feelings, nor what he may have said to these guys in private. Its what any team mate would do/say. I have not seen any Red Sox or Dodger player come out and blast Gagne. The man holds a saves record. He is alleged to have accomplished it by cheating. Why aren't you holding them accountable ? I am not. You know why ? It's none of their business, and they are there to play ball. Hypocrites like Schilling should jump off the nearest cliff they can find. They rant and rave when it gets them on the front page. When in front of meaningfull sources like Congress, they say useless dribble.

First, I have said NOTHING about Jeter's statements, other than to marvel at how he can say it took "courage" for Pettite.

If Pettite was courageous in telling the truth, was he cowardly when he lied about it?

Funny stuff from Jetes.

Pettite and Clemens are getting what Barry Bonds has gotten from you and most other fans. If you cheat you get ridiculed. If you are high profile and get caught cheating, you get "thrown to the wolves".

just the way things work.

When did Pettite lie about it?

I have posted many times since this came out that I'm embarassed for all these guys that have been outed and many of whom I rooted for. That being said you are talking about Derek Jeter . How in the world can you not get it through your thick head that , his response, is what was expected from him. Would it make you feel better if he came out and said, " Andy cheated, fawk him "..... This is Major League Baseball. There are hundreds of losers with pencils and a blog, disecting anything said by him. He said what was PC for him to say. You don't know what his personal feelings, nor what he may have said to these guys in private. Its what any team mate would do/say. I have not seen any Red Sox or Dodger player come out and blast Gagne. The man holds a saves record. He is alleged to have accomplished it by cheating. Why aren't you holding them accountable ? I am not. You know why ? It's none of their business, and they are there to play ball. Hypocrites like Schilling should jump off the nearest cliff they can find. They rant and rave when it gets them on the front page. When in front of meaningfull sources like Congress, they say useless dribble.

Gotcha. So you admire players who are "PC" rather than saying what is on their mind.

Check.

Again, I only got on your hero for crediting Pettite with "courage" for telling the truth. I found that funny.

Gotcha. So you admire players who are "PC" rather than saying what is on their mind.

I'll root for a PC player , rather than a loudmouth know nothing like bloody tampon sock. A player who craves attention so much they have to post blogs about the dribble that floats through his brain on a daily basis. I'm still waiting for him to start outing players he knew used drugs/roids on the teams he was on.

Wow...reading these posts condemning Clemens I have to ask one question. Since when have we reversed the law of "innocent until proven guilty"? Now, it looks like it's guilty until proven innocent. Good call! I would hate for some of you guys to sit on my jury if I needed one.

Wow...reading these posts condemning Clemens I have to ask one question. Since when have we reversed the law of "innocent until proven guilty"? Now, it looks like it's guilty until proven innocent. Good call! I would hate for some of you guys to sit on my jury if I needed one.

i would be afraid to let scott dierking sit in my swimming pool let alone jury pool ;)

Were you defending Barry Bonds with the same vigor?

Archived