"Manager's" All-Star Picks Are Straight BS

The Gun Of Bavaria

Let me get this straight???

A suddenly 22lb lighter Pudge Rodriguez who couldn't hit water if he fell out of a boat this season gets picked by Francona and Company but 10 game winner Jeremy Bonderman and/or out of nowhere Brandon Inge get boned?

Make no mistake, Inge and Pudge did not derserve the top fan vote this year although I could make a case for Inge. But for Pudge to get a "Tom Osborne" like Merry Christmas gift proves one thing and one thing only, the All-Star selection is straight bullsh*t on ALL levels, not just fan voting.

I'm pretty sure we had just completed the paperwork on the Lousiana Purchase the last time the Tigers had a 10 game winner before the break.

But hey, Pudge is Pudge, roids or no roids. I guess your name is all that counts.

What's wrong wit Pudge?! I just traded him for Garret Atkins today in on of my leagues.

Pudge can straight lick my nuts.

He's been absolutely USELESS as a Tiger this year. Not sure if Canseco pissed in his Cherios one morning or not becausr the 2005 Pudge is NOWHERE near where the 2004 Pudge was from a hitting, fielding, and MOST importantly, TEAM LEADERSHIP point of view. He's been moping around the clubhouse like daddy took his toys away.

A suddenly 22lb lighter Pudge Rodriguez who couldn't hit water if he fell out of a boat this season gets picked by Francona and Company but 10 game winner Jeremy Bonderman and/or out of nowhere Brandon Inge get boned?

Make no mistake, Inge and Pudge did not derserve the top fan vote this year although I could make a case for Inge. But for Pudge to get a "Tom Osborne" like Merry Christmas gift proves one thing and one thing only, the All-Star selection is straight bullsh*t on ALL levels, not just fan voting.

I'm pretty sure we had just completed the paperwork on the Lousiana Purchase the last time the Tigers had a 10 game winner before the break.

But hey, Pudge is Pudge, roids or no roids. I guess your name is all that counts.

you need a backup catcher, and Pudge is having a decent year (.293), its not that bad of a pick.

im just really shocked at Kenny Rogers getting picked, thats going to create some boring contraversy on the next 5 episodes of sportscenter

you need a backup catcher, and Pudge is having a decent year (.293), its not that bad of a pick.

im just really shocked at Kenny Rogers getting picked, thats going to create some boring contraversy on the next 5 episodes of sportscenter

Did I mention Inge catches?? :lol:

[-X

Pudge is still the second best catcher in the AL.

Maybe Mauer of Minnesota deserves a nod, but there are already three Twins on the roster and that would mean you take off Johan Santana for a pitcher with a higher ERA or the AL leader in Saves (Nathan).

Just for the record, Players and coaches voting fillout the rosters. Terry picks the last five slots. Four of his five spots were tabbed to be from teams (KC, TB, Oakland and Cleveland) that had no starters picked. Like mike Sweeney of KC.

At 22 Bonderman will get his turn.

Pudge is still the second best catcher in the AL.

Once again you make foolish statements that diminidh your overall perception....in other words you re-establish the fool you are with each and every sentence

I'm not going to get in to the Posada thing (although one can make a case that he is the best in the AL) but Pudge by far in a way has made the case that over the past decade is the best catcher in baseball, let alone the AL

Tek is a nice little player....but just because he puts a "C" on his chest, does not mean he is the best

How can a player be considered the best, nevermind the Captain when he hides himself from ARod's wrath behind the mask

Tek is, and always be a PussE!!

Once again you make foolish statements that diminidh your overall perception....in other words you re-establish the fool you are with each and every sentence

I'm not going to get in to the Posada thing (although one can make a case that he is the best in the AL) but Pudge by far in a way has made the case that over the past decade is the best catcher in baseball, let alone the AL

Tek is a nice little player....but just because he puts a "C" on his chest, does not mean he is the best

How can a player be considered the best, nevermind the Captain when he hides himself from ARod's wrath behind the mask

uhh last i checked, Tek is the only catcher hitting over .300, hes right up there in HR and RBIs, and hes great at blocking the plate when runners try to score

hes easily the best catcher in baseball, posada's barely ahead of him in HR and RBIs

Hey JonE, when your on one of your little jaunts to Thailand to have some with the 'boys' maybe you should pick up a USA Today.

Now that Pudge has lost 20 pounds for some unknown reason :roll: , his bat seems to have gotten alot lighter. Hmmmmmm.

However, being the dumb ass you are you miss the point. Go figure. The All Star game is largely for this season and in the here and now....Tek is the best. Just because he pushed aside your pursue wearing slaps like a little bitchy girl AHole-Rod

Posada does not even enter the equation now.

How can anyone knock Posada? He handles pitchers real well, doesn't clog up the basepaths in the few instancces her gets on base, and he's so clutch with men on base. :lol:=D>

hold up Mets fan, you have no right to talk, Posada is still playing better than Piazza

Look, Posada sucks. Yes, he'll wind up with his 15-20 HR, 75 RBI .285 by 10/1. BFD. He calls a horrible game, shies away from contact,can't throw out your grandmother and seems to get into arguments midgame with his pitcher regularly. He's part of the reason the pitching has sucked so bad. If he wasn't Jeter's best bud, he would have been traded for a real catcher. Big Unit now officially has Flaherty as his personal catcher. There were times Posada and El Duque looked like they would fight on the mound.

Archived