Seriously, if you are a FA, would you want to sign with the Jets?

NIGHT STALKER

Other than the money, what else do we have to offer? At this point, I don't even know if we're committed to winning...this pains me to say this because of the hate I have for the dolfags, but at least they have a person now that wants to build a winner...can we say the same?

It's going to be a long offseason and even if it looks like we did well in FA and the draft, there is no guarantee that will transfer to the playing field. Look at this season, I never in a million years thought we would put up 3 wins (and 2 of them against a 1-14 team) after 15 games. If we lose next weekend, it will be the icing on the cake to a Jets season that ranks right up there with the worst of them.:puke:

what needs to happen is for Mangini to turn this team into HIS team NS-not a team made from part Parcells, part Groh, part Edwards/Bradway underachievers-he needs to jettison half of this team and mold it in the image he has in his head of what a Mangini team should be....that's gonna take guts and bold moves and difficult decisions are going to have to be made

Honestly what GM doesn't want to build a winner? To say that the Dolphins have a "person who wants to build a winner" and that's going to take them to the top now is just dumb. Tannenbaum wants to build a winner. Mangini wants to build a winner. Every GM, every person in the front office, and every coach on every team wants to build a winner and is "committed to winning." Every team tries to win; some teams just have more success than others.

Seriously how can you claim a team doesn't want to be a winner? Thats one of the dumbest statements I've ever hear. These boards are getting absurd with all this talk of how being a Jets fan is so hard the past week or so. There are teams that have done much worse over time and I doubt their fanbases whine and complain as much as some have all week.

You all seemed to think somehow Parcells was the answer to all our problems and now that the Dolphins hired him seem to be leading towards mass suicide. Wayne Huzienga didn't hire Parcells cause he thought he would bring him championships, he did it cause he knew it would bring ticket sales and positive press to his team that is horrendous. Its not going to do much more.

Seriously how can you claim a team doesn't want to be a winner? Thats one of the dumbest statements I've ever hear. These boards are getting absurd with all this talk of how being a Jets fan is so hard the past week or so. There are teams that have done much worse over time and I doubt their fanbases whine and complain as much as some have all week.

You all seemed to think somehow Parcells was the answer to all our problems and now that the Dolphins hired him seem to be leading towards mass suicide. Wayne Huzienga didn't hire Parcells cause he thought he would bring him championships, he did it cause he knew it would bring ticket sales and positive press to his team that is horrendous. Its not going to do much more.

But, because you live in the same state or went to the same school as Clemens is an endorsement for his success...yeah, talk about dumb.

Listen, the woods are full of HC's and GM's that thought they knew how to build a winner and are now watching from the stands. Your reasoning for the Dolphins hiring Parcells was to "bring ticket sales and positive press"???...LOL...what are you 18 years old?

And to call my thread one of the dumbest you've ever read convinces me that you haven't been a fan of this team very long...my guess is since the Jets drafted Clemens. When you go through 5 decades of being a Jets fan, and see the stupid moves through the years, maybe you'll understand where I'm coming from.

But, because you live in the same state or went to the same school as Clemens is an endorsement for his success...yeah, talk about dumb.

Listen, the woods are full of HC's and GM's that thought they knew how to build a winner and are now watching from the stands. Your reasoning for the Dolphins hiring Parcells was to "bring ticket sales and positive press"???...LOL...what are you 18 years old?

And to call my thread one of the dumbest you've ever read convinces me that you haven't been a fan of this team very long...my guess is since the Jets drafted Clemens. When you go through 5 decades of being a Jets fan, and see the stupid moves through the years, maybe you'll understand where I'm coming from.

I don't live in the same state as Clemens I was born and raised in New York and its still my home. Yeah I go to the same school so yes I want him to succeed, if next year he is still struggling and hasn't shown he can be better though I don't want the Jets to waste there time on him like they did with Chad.

There have been plenty of dumb moves from this franchise but theres been franchises much worse and if you've been a fan for five decades you actually got to experience a Super Bowl Championship which I and most fans of other teams in the league have never experienced and you act like we are the worst pro franchise ever.

The Jets have had ups and downs with a lot more downs but thats sports. The biggest part of success in running a franchise is just luck. As much as a lot of people hate Woody he has spent money on this team even if the front office didn't go crazy in free agency last year. This is a ****ty season, all teams have them, again it doesn't mean we such as a franchise. However it has made all of us fans frustrated so we started making bigger deals out of every possible issue in the team.

Everyone just needs to calm down with how doomed our franchise is. If Manigini doesn't bounce back next year then there will be some real cause for concern.

Other than the money, what else do we have to offer? At this point, I don't even know if we're committed to winning...this pains me to say this because of the hate I have for the dolfags, but at least they have a person now that wants to build a winner...can we say the same?

It's going to be a long offseason and even if it looks like we did well in FA and the draft, there is no guarantee that will transfer to the playing field. Look at this season, I never in a million years thought we would put up 3 wins (and 2 of them against a 1-14 team) after 15 games. If we lose next weekend, it will be the icing on the cake to a Jets season that ranks right up there with the worst of them.:puke:

Everyone, ALL 32 teams, want to build a winner. To say otherwise is just ridiculous. How someone who is not in any meetings/etc can say otherwise is just beyond me. I don't care what you "think" you see.

I don't live in the same state as Clemens I was born and raised in New York and its still my home. Yeah I go to the same school so yes I want him to succeed, if next year he is still struggling and hasn't shown he can be better though I don't want the Jets to waste there time on him like they did with Chad.

There have been plenty of dumb moves from this franchise but theres been franchises much worse and if you've been a fan for five decades you actually got to experience a Super Bowl Championship which I and most fans of other teams in the league have never experienced and you act like we are the worst pro franchise ever.

The Jets have had ups and downs with a lot more downs but thats sports. The biggest part of success in running a franchise is just luck. As much as a lot of people hate Woody he has spent money on this team even if the front office didn't go crazy in free agency last year. This is a ****ty season, all teams have them, again it doesn't mean we such as a franchise. However it has made all of us fans frustrated so we started making bigger deals out of every possible issue in the team.

Everyone just needs to calm down with how doomed our franchise is. If Manigini doesn't bounce back next year then there will be some real cause for concern.

Yeah, there you go thinking you know it all again. I wear my Vietnam War service on my sleeve and if you were a member of this forum longer than Clemens being drafted by the Jets you would know it.

I don't need to calm down, I was in Nam in the A Shau Valley when the Jets won the SB...so, I get to be pissed all I want...see? Like I said, when you go through 5 decades of the same old BS, maybe you'll understand. I've been through many, many seasons like this...how many have you gone through?

Yeah, there you go thinking you know it all again. I wear my Vietnam War service on my sleeve and if you were a member of this forum longer than Clemens being drafted by the Jets you would know it.

I don't need to calm down, I was in Nam in the A Shau Valley when the Jets won the SB...so, I get to be pissed all I want...see? Like I said, when you go through 5 decades of the same old BS, maybe you'll understand. I've been through many, many seasons like this...how many have you gone through?

"I was in Nam, so I get to be an idiot when I want to" is how I sum this up.

Look, I respect what did in Nam for this country... not taking away from that, but because someone hasn't been a member of the forum as long or is as old as you doesn't make his opinion any less valid.

"I was in Nam, so I get to be an idiot when I want to" is how I sum this up.

Look, I respect what did in Nam for this country... not taking away from that, but because someone hasn't been a member of the forum as long or is as old as you doesn't make his opinion any less valid.

Excuse me? Let me sum it up for you so maybe you can understand what I'm conveying here...obviously you don't get it. I've seen a revolving door of coaches, players, teams, promises, etc., through decades of being a fan of this team. Do you really think a fan of this team for less than say a decade has the same built up anger as one who has spent years and thousands of dollars in the process. I'm a season ticket holder and I want results yesterday, not years from now which a younger fan doesn't seem to mind.

The Jets may have to overspend at this point for players to deal with Manginis discipline and physical camps. There is something to your point NS.

This is why I always hate the - "lose out for a draft pick" mentality, it means you have to overpay for free agents. Regardless of reality, if the perception is that you don't have a shot to compete, then you have to pay more.

Excuse me? Let me sum it up for you so maybe you can understand what I'm conveying here...obviously you don't get it. I've seen a revolving door of coaches, players, teams, promises, etc., through decades of being a fan of this team. Do you really think a fan of this team for less than say a decade has the same built up anger as one who has spent years and thousands of dollars in the process. I'm a season ticket holder and I want results yesterday, not years from now which a younger fan doesn't seem to mind.

I just want results. Of course Id prefer them tomorrow rather then 5 or 10 years from now, but I just want to be alive when the Jets get to a SB.

I've been a serious fan since I was 8 and the Jets went 1-15 and truly sucked. I'm sorry I'm only 19 and only been a fan for a decade thats not exactly something I control. I also don't get why you are getting so defensive. I'm not attacking you I'm just sick of how everyone is acting like the Jets are the worst pro franchise ever. Sh*t since Woody Johnson took over in 2000 we've been to the playoffs four times out of 8 seasons. Yeah its not greatness but it definitely isn't sh*t.

Archived