More to the Story

shodan9999

Not since 1996...when we went 1-15...have I wanted a season to end this bad...so I went back and looked for something positive. what I found was very simple...many of us have already looked at it, but here goes !

we lost two games by 3 pts:

we lost one by 4pts

one by 6 pts

and 3 by 7 pts

In the NYG game we lost by 9..but blew it at the end

In 7 games we held the other team to less than 20 points

7 games we could have won if the offense could have moved the ball...our Defense held the other team...yes we gave up some big playes...but when the Defense is on the field all day....they will bend and break !

So again I hope....we will throw a very large effort at the OL...trade... FA...draft I do not care how we do it..just get them...and yes the DL also....so maybe it is not as bad as we think...let's come back next year....KC has gained a great deal of exp. this year...I think he will be a good QB...time to find out...

Not since 1996...when we went 1-15...have I wanted a season to end this bad...so I went back and looked for something positive. what I found was very simple...many of us have already looked at it, but here goes !

we lost two games by 3 pts:

we lost one by 4pts

one by 6 pts

and 3 by 7 pts

In the NYG game we lost by 9..but blew it at the end

In 7 games we held the other team to less than 20 points

7 games we could have won if the offense could have moved the ball...our Defense held the other team...yes we gave up some big playes...but when the Defense is on the field all day....they will bend and break !

So again I hope....we will throw a very large effort at the OL...trade... FA...draft I do not care how we do it..just get them...and yes the DL also....so maybe it is not as bad as we think...let's come back next year....KC has gained a great deal of exp. this year...I think he will be a good QB...time to find out...

See some of that may be a little flawed though because opposing teams have no respect for our offense, and rightly so.

Therefore, once they establish a 7 pt lead in the 4th, they know they can get away with pounding the ball into our weak run D. And have enough confidence in their defense (or lack of confidence in our offense) to put them back out on the field if they need to.

See some of that may be a little flawed though because opposing teams have no respect for our offense, and rightly so.

Therefore, once they establish a 7 pt lead in the 4th, they know they can get away with pounding the ball into our weak run D. And have enough confidence in their defense (or lack of confidence in our offense) to put them back out on the field if they need to.

Yeah...I know that is the other side of the coin...I did not want to think about that ! I'm real glad you brought it up !...there goes my positive :shutit:! But if you go back and look at the games play by play...just like yeasterday...we should have beat TN....but we could not move the ball ! The defense was pretty sound.....ask Vince Young how the back of his head feels !

party pooper......................

What you say is true, but I really do believe this is a better team then what they showed.

The OL is awful. I really believe that will be fixed. On top of that, even as bad as the OL is there are still a handful of games the team just should have won.

Even more reason to build up the offensive line so that we can run the ball, control the clock, and keep our D and their O on the bench.

Even more reason to build up the offensive line so that we can run the ball, control the clock, and keep our D and their O on the bench.

I agree, I've been saying the same thing since I saw the Jets lose to the Pats week 1 when practically everyone was complaining that Chad needs to throw deep.

The reason we havent gone deep this season with either QB is because the OL cant protect for more then 2 or 3 seconds without either someone getting to the QB or the pocket collapsing.

OL is priority #1. Definately.

Archived