New Year's Resolutions...

MrsTaborJet

...have you thought about this yet? New Year's Eve has always been a time for looking back to the past, and more importantly, forward to the coming year. It's a time to reflect on the changes we want (or need) to make and resolve to follow through on those changes.

I found this Top 10 list on the internet and agree with most of them... not necessarily in the order, but most are pretty good.

So, do you believe in this? Do you think it's a great idea until January rolls around and you realize change is not always so easy? What would you add to "Your List?"

1. Spend more time with family and friends
  2. Exercise more
  3. Go on a diet / lose weight
  4. Quit smoking
  5. Enjoy life more
  6. Quit drinking
  7. Get out of debt
  8. Learn something new
  9. Help others
  10. Get organized

:yahoo:

For me....

1. Spend more time with family and friends - absolutely! Now with a niece and nephew this will be no problem!
  2. Exercise more - this goes hand-in-hand with losing weight... I've joined the gym at work and need to do this for a variety of reasons. I will do it!
  3. Go on a diet / lose weight
  4. Quit smoking - not an issue I don't smoke cigarettes, although the occasional cigar is probably not good either.
  5. Enjoy life more - yeah, gotta work on this!
  6. Quit drinking - not gonna happen.
  7. Get out of debt - not an issue.
  8. Learn something new - I'm going to learn a new language this year... not sure what yet.
  9. Help others - I'm pretty good at this now, hmmm... always room for improvement though.
  10. Get organized - I'm organized, just need more space for all my ****!

:yahoo:

My new years resolution is simple get back to my football playing weight.. Which means I have to lose allot of lbs.....like 60

Good luck Murph. it is not easy when you get to our age.

I have to lose about 30lb's by May. training camp begins next week.

1. health to my family and friends ( U2 LMS)

2. Safety for all our soldiers

3. take up antiqueing with wife

4. Stop calling SJ a Phag in my posts... he is a good guy no matter

how much i call him out

5. Give more blood this year

6. Gain a little weight WTF

7. Be able to play golf this year... damn shoulder

1. health to my family and friends ( U2 LMS)

2. Safety for all our soldiers

3. take up antiqueing with wife

4. Stop calling SJ a Phag in my posts... he is a good guy no matter

how much i call him out

5. Give more blood this year

6. Gain a little weight WTF

7. Be able to play golf this year... damn shoulder

haha,,

u r in antique heaven up on Vt....go for it..Primitives afre the most fun and most challenging..

all u have t odo is say 'yes dear'..'how much cash do u need dear?",,its quite easy :D

as for #5 , i gave over 5 liters in july 2006,,in one sitting,,i am done with that :confused:

Good luck Murph. it is not easy when you get to our age.

I have to lose about 30lb's by May. training camp begins next week.

I just went through that ...back to 6ft -178. Took 3 months of no soda(will never drink again) and beers only on game day. Some cardio speeded the process up tenfold.

Good luck you can do it easily based on the pics of you posted BP.... Rasmutin....Wizard ...Herm jr.....or whoever the f you go by now.:)

Everyone says this and that, but human nature says "whatever" after a time. Food for thought (pun intended): If we weren't blessed by random chaos with a CHOICE of what we WANTED to eat and how much, "resolutions" would be completely meaningless. Walk around the block, you fat b*stards. It ain't that hard.

EDIT: We all pay lip service to "spending more time with family and friends" - at weddings and funerals. That's where that conversation stays and belongs. C'mon, don't even try to lie.

oh wait I need to another one then..

After losing a road game in embarrassing fashion to not practice my kung fu skills on my tailgating items

Like the playoff game last year in New England? Then again, I was trying to burn my Pennington jersey so I wasn't any better. :lol:

oh damn forgot about that....christ...you were there for that? the only thing I remember from that disaster was the fight in the stadium where the guy threatened to slash my throat and the security guard said "You should expect that you are an oppposing fan" and that and the fact I ate nothing all day except for the 15 beers and 5 shots....ugh

oh damn forgot about that....christ...you were there for that? the only thing I remember from that disaster was the fight in the stadium where the guy threatened to slash my throat and the security guard said "You should expect that you are an oppposing fan" and that and the fact I ate nothing all day except for the 15 beers and 5 shots....ugh

I wasn't there but I heard about it! :rl: Legendary!

nah I am not part of the hotel destroying committee...those responsibilities have been passed off too......124

I agree to become the hotel destroying chairman. I will forever follow in the footsteps of the great 4H. For he is the one who taught me the wonders of Cable Pulling, Chair Throwing, Table Stealing and Tree Stealing techniques we usse on the road one to three times a season. :lol:

nah I am not part of the hotel destroying committee...those responsibilities have been passed off too......124

Dude, in Miami the bed was flipped over and thrown, the coffee pot and fridge destroyed. and for good measure you yanked the cable for the TV right out of the wall. then we ate the fire breathing potato chips from hell waiting for the pizza :rl:

Archived