CNBC reporting ND to buy Weis out

Bugg

That is going to be one hard job to sell. Expect though Jon Gruden is a serious candidate if the Bucs decide they've had enough.

Also creates some other issues-does Parcells pursue his former protege, or is the blood still too bad from Cahrlies taking Bellichcik's sdie in 1998? Do the Giants jump on Weis?Do the Browns look to reunite Weis with Quinn if Crennel goes to the Fins?

That is going to be one hard job to sell. Expect though Jon Gruden is a serious candidate if the Bucs decide they've had enough.

Also creates some other issues-does Parcells pursue his former protege, or is the blood still too bad from Cahrlies taking Bellichcik's sdie in 1998? Do the Giants jump on Weis?Do the Browns look to reunite Weis with Quinn if Crennel goes to the Fins?

Why would ND do this? Didn't they learn their lesson with Willingham?

I guess the powers that be at Notre Dame can't accept the fact that they suck.

If Notre Dame is going to get rid of Weis they should go after Herm (I'm not kidding).

If Notre Dame is going to get rid of Weis they should go after Herm (I'm not kidding).

The only way it makes any sense is if they have someone-Gruden?-lined up. But they made the same mistake with Urban Meyer when they wound up with Weis. They still think it's 1958 or something.

They still think they can be a top 10 progam and keep rigorous academic standards. No matter how prestigious ND is, that doesn't work any more. And coaches aren't taking this job because of that. There aren't going to be any Darren Mcfaddens riding around South Bend in shiny Escalades, and that's that.

I have been hearing rumblings about something that i mentioned when he first took the job- that he is....errr...for lack of a better word, uncouth.

He has a brutally filthy mouth, and it has leaked out from time to time, making some people in the administration, and some parents of recruits, not so happy. it isnt all about his football record.

Just sayin'.

The only way it makes any sense is if they have someone-Gruden?-lined up. But they made the same mistake with Urban Meyer when they wound up with Weis. They still think it's 1958 or something.

They still think they can be a top 10 progam and keep rigorous academic standards. No matter how prestigious ND is, that doesn't work any more. And coaches aren't taking this job because of that. There aren't going to be any Darren Mcfaddens riding around South Bend in shiny Escalades, and that's that.

Well said. The only reason Notre Dame is still relevant is because they have their own TV Network.

I cant see Gruden in the college ranks.

As much as I hate Herm, he would make a great College coach....He would be able to recruit well and and can repeat the same speeches every 4 years to recruits.....

I have been hearing rumblings about something that i mentioned when he first took the job- that he is....errr...for lack of a better word, uncouth.

He has a brutally filthy mouth, and it has leaked out from time to time, making some people in the administration, and some parents of recruits, not so happy. it isnt all about his football record.

Just sayin'.

Weis swears like I do. All the time. Big f'n deal.

Have you seen Gruden? Chucky swears like a drunken sailor for **** sake!

These are football coaches, not Priests.

On a more personal level I hope Notre Dame continues their slide toward complete suckage. Their arrogance in college football is legendary.

Weis swears like I do. All the time. Big f'n deal.

Have you seen Gruden? Chucky swears like a drunken sailor for **** sake!

On a more personal level I hope Notre Dame continues their slide toward complete suckage. Their arrogance in college football is legendary.

Yeah, I know what you mean...kinda like the Pats...;)

Agree there. I love it. People think their coaches are geniuses after one decent year. Everything about Notre Dame is overrated.

Also, I highly doubt that a school would pay millions of dollars to buy out a coach in large part due to a filthy mouth. Every football coach does it.

Yeah, I know what you mean...kinda like the Pats...;)

Pro football is different from college football. Notre Dame has been patting themselves on the back for the last 60 or 70 years.

I've only been alive for 35 of those years (only 20 years in the USA) and they annoy the crap out of me.

It's Notre Dame, not East Carolina.

I heard him get on guys in tc when he was with the Jets, and he is in a class by himself when it comes to exploding on people. And you arent close to being in the diehard ND haters club unless you experienced Catholics vs The Convicts.

A certain savoire faire is required by schools, and he lacks it. It may also be one of the reasons why Norm Chow never got a college HC gig. He may not interview well, though I think SU offered him a job at some point.

Let's see, Parcells, with his last word out the door recommended unproven Maurice Carthon as Head Coach of the Jets after Groh walked out.

Let's see him put his money where his mouth is. If Parcells does not hire Carthon, he is the ultimate hypocrite.

i remember that too, he even brought him onto his dallas staff i think.

why oh why did we hire Herman Munster

It's Notre Dame, not East Carolina.

I heard him get on guys in tc when he was with the Jets, and he is in a class by himself when it comes to exploding on people. And you arent close to being in the diehard ND haters club unless you experienced Catholics vs The Convicts.

A certain savoire faire is required by schools, and he lacks it. It may also be one of the reasons why Norm Chow never got a college HC gig. He may not interview well, though I think SU offered him a job at some point.

I remember the Catholics vs Convicts days. As a BC football fan I also remember the chants that ND students made back in the late '80's and early '90's.

"Safety School."

BC has owned Notre Dame the last 10 years. What did ND do? Replaced BC on the schedule with Rutgers.

GFY Irish.

if true it is not because CW swore at his players

it is because the POS treated the alumni and his bosses like sh!t.

It is also because even before his 1st contract was signed he was playing

a NO saints offer vs ND's initail contract offer after giving a verbal acceptance

to ND

if true it is not because CW swore at his players

it is because the POS treated the alumni and his bosses like sh!t.

It is also because even before his 1st contract was signed he was playing

a NO saints offer vs ND's initail contract offer after giving a verbal acceptance

to ND

Source please. Weis is a Notre Dame grad. Why would he piss off his fellow alumni?

There is not one link or report on this anywhere..
Someone I trust said it came across the CNBC crosstalk, that the buyout negtiation has begun in earnest between ND and Weis, and that they're looking at negotaiting the price down. This is someone I know and trust. But I'll grant you-"Weis Notre Dame buyout" on google yields a whole bunch of rumors rather than any hard source. If it's wrong, shame on me. And it would be the first time this person has ever been wrong abotu such things.

notre dame just can't understand why they're losing. they're ordained by God after all. with that school's gigantic ego they feel the need to tinker tinker tinker instead of letting someone get established.

I think the NBC deal that the priests and nuns made was bad news for those hypocrites in South Bend.

Every home game is on national television and the people who call the shots at ND want a 10-1 or 11-0 team every year. Changing coaches every 2 or 3 years isn't going to help.

Lou Holtz was a gigantic arsehole, but at least he won there.

Archived