Kurt Warner

NYjet10

Someone on Jets Insider said his friend called him and said a sports show just said the jets are going to go in hard for Kurt Warner. It makes sense, because we all want a veteran QB behind Kellen.

Would you guys want him as a Jet to help young Kellen? Then if kellen has problems Kurt showed this year he can step in and do fine as a starter.

I would love the pickup!

Link - http://www.***********com/forums/showthread.php?t=159968

I would hate it if we signed Warner. He is still pretty good but is really on the decline, not an option for the future, would much rather we stuck with Chad before signing this guy.

He wouldnt be brought in to be the starter. he would be brought in to guide Kellen. But he wouldnt be a bad backup in case something happened to Kellen.

He wouldnt be brought in to be the starter. he would be brought in to guide Kellen. But he wouldnt be a bad backup in case something happened to Kellen.

Guide Kellen in the ways of the Lord and Saviour? If I was a Jets fan I would pass on a Jesus freak mentoring the young QB.

Maybe, but I doubt he'd come too much cheaper than Chad.

Chad's a better QB though IMO and would be a more useful backup. Warner will be 37 next year BTW.

Chad is also a $7.8 million cap hit. That's ridiculously high for a back-up; he knows that. He wont restructure to hold a clipboard. He thinks he can still start in this league; and I think he will.....Just not in Green and White.

Chad is also a $7.8 million cap hit. That's ridiculously high for a back-up; he knows that. He wont restructure to hold a clipboard. He thinks he can still start in this league; and I think he will.....Just not in Green and White.

Warner though won't come cheap. I do believe he said he wanted to be a starter next season and unless the Jets are going to make him the #1 (which they shouldn't) then he would be a waste of money. We should be able to find a decent backup elsewhere.

Warner though won't come cheap. I do believe he said he wanted to be a starter next season and unless the Jets are going to make him the #1 (which they shouldn't) then he would be a waste of money. We should be able to find a decent backup elsewhere.

Dont get me wrong, I've never liked Kurt Warner. I'd rather we get a good QB coach and some younger talent until we find the right guy for the job.

I disagree.

I'd be willing to bet if Chad was playinf with those WR's in Arizona he'd be putting up better numbers (or at least get more wins) than Warner.

Kurt is on the decline and has been for some time.

I agree, but I also think Warner will come cheap. I don't see many teams going hard after him.

Maybe, but I doubt he'd come too much cheaper than Chad.

Chad's a better QB though IMO and would be a more useful backup. Warner will be 37 next year BTW.

Chad doesn't want to be a backup though. I mean no one wants to be a backup, but some guys handle it better then others. I'm just glad Chad didn't cause a big stink about it this year. Next year he might.

Archived