2007: The Year Yankees fans want to forget...

TaborJet

Feel free to add to this list:

Boston wins the WS

The Arod announcement debacle

Jimmy Leyritz vehicular homicide

Clemens and Pettite, among other Yankees, on the juice

Torre and Mattingly bolt for sunny L.A.

ticket prices going up again

](*,)

Boston winning - agreed

Arod debacle - worked out for the best in our favor, wo cares

Leyritz - Could be anyone, no biggie for the fans, sad story yes

Clemens and Pettite - Not surprising IMO

Torre and Mattingly - I would have paid for the air fare if Hank would have asked me

Ticket prices - Being in Va it has no effect on me what so ever, but it happens all the time

On the Brightside of the season -

- A look into the future with Joba, Kennedy and Hughes.

- Showing that over the regular season we were better than Boston once our pitching staff came back. From June 1st, the Yankees tore up the league, making up 12 games in the standings, with a healthy staff all year, we could have won the division.

Who the hell cares about Leyritz? That is just a sad story that should have no bearing at all on Yankee fans. It's just a terrible tragedy.

And yes, the Sox did win the World Series, but you have to remember the chaos that went on through April and May and how the Yankees pulled off an amazing hot streak to make the playoffs in the second half of the season and almost pulled off a historic comeback to win the division. This season was far from one to forget. And their pieces are still intact, which only makes 2008 look more promising.

Call me bitter but I'm still not over the whole A-Rod fiasco. That garbage him and Boras pulled was bush league and it ended up getting them exactly what they wanted out of the Yankees. It's gonna be tough to watch them this year for me. I wish they'd of let him walk and spent that money on some pitching. **** him and the Yankee FO for that "hard line" approach that lasted about 20 minutes.

None of that stuff bothers me...nada. I'm just looking forward to spring training and hopefully the Yanks keep all their young guns because I'm really looking forward to seeing what we have in these kids.

On second thought, the Leyritz thing bothers me. Not for him, but for the young woman he killed while he was ****ing drunk.

Some of you are starting to sound like Blosux fans. You're more concerned with what they do than what the Yankees accomplish. Don't let yourself become like those freaks by obsessing more with them losing, rather than us winning. You're a fan of the most successfull franchise in Mlb history. Many of you have seen 4+ world championships. Act like it !!

Some of you are starting to sound like Blosux fans. You're more concerned with what they do than what the Yankees accomplish. Don't let yourself become like those freaks by obsessing more with them losing, rather than us winning. You're a fan of the most successfull franchise in Mlb history. Many of you have seen 4+ world championships. Act like it !!

I've been around for 13...looking forward for a few more...it's on my "bucket list".

Don't let yourself become like those freaks by obsessing more with them losing, rather than us winning.

You don't read many of your posts here do you?

ALL you seem to do is make homophobic names of ballplayers not on your team and invent words with cute derivatives of curse words, so I cant have my sons around when I see one of your posts.

Frankly, I could not see a Yankee fan on this board MORE obsessed with the Red Sox.

Do you teach history for a living?......the past is always your number one line of defense no matter how unrelated to the topic it is.

You don't read many of your posts here do you?

ALL you seem to do is make homophobic names of ballplayers not on your team and invent words with cute derivatives of curse words, so I cant have my sons around when I see one of your posts.

Frankly, I could not see a Yankee fan on this board MORE obsessed with the Red Sox.

Wake up and take a step out of that igloo you live in. Have you ever taken your kid to a Muts game ? You will hear more foul language there than you will read on this forum. I can care less what your kids can and won't read on this forum. It's your job as a parent to monitor what sites they go on and read. I see worst stuff posted on the NFL section about the Patriots. Go eat a big pecker. Oh, and if your kida are in school, they are saying/hearing more horrid things there. Got it Polly Anna ?

I can care less what your kids can and won't read on this forum.

And that is exactly why you are a vulgar and foul person.

I like to go on this site because I respect the opinions here, and there are a lot of great posters.

My kids like to hang around me when I am on the computer. When I have to answer a question like "what is "s__k a c__k" which is contained within your posts, well that is a little embarrassing.

It is a shame when a supposedly grown man cant communicate adequately without having to spread vulgarity around.

Yes, I realize I can't shelter my children against every bad situation. But that does not also mean that I have to have it shoved in their faces either.

You were borderline idiotic when you posted as Kloogy and were banned, and you re-incarnation is just as bad.

Back on topic...............

None of those items really bothers me. It was sad to see Joe and Don leave, but I believe that it all will work out for the best. Giradi, IMO, will turn out to be a more prepared manager then Torre was, especially the past couple of seasons. And Mattingly would have been a nice story, but his limited background does not spell success for a team with WS aspirations. He really should have managed in the Minors for a few years.

The A-Rod issue, the Bosox winning, all are in the past. Means nothing today. Onward towards the 2008 season.

Archived