Why you will love the Patriots

JerryK

The only important thing is winning or losing

Don't worry about how the world will judge your strategy. Just worry about winning. Machiavelli tells us that if you win, everyone will judge your methods to have been appropriate. If you lose, they will despise you

-Niccolo Machiavelli (1469-1527)

Machiavelli was no warrior. He was a historian. A nerd. A bookworm. He wondered how great societies were formed and maintained...by fortune, human nature, and the few who knew how to exploit both.

Today we are watching humans go through an exercise they're good at: Loving a winner and pushing all else aside. You can learn a lot from this.

Here's an example: "Mr Hess, I'm going to take your 2 million and buy a really good camcorder. Oh, and then I'm going to set records on your home turf."

The Patriots will win the superbowl. Bonds will get into the Hall. Don't bet against McGwire and Sosa getting there either. And...given time... we will all love them.

We have to, it's in our nature.

Well, unlike a lot of Jet fans, I congratulate the Pats fans that post on this site. You could have really rubbed **** in our faces this entire year and for the most part showed more class then the team you root for (I just had to get that last part in)...congrats on going 16-0.

Yeah well, I'm drunk and angry so I'll say what I want!!!!

No, you won't. I'm getting tired of this ****..real tired..if you can't post like a human being, you should log off and go to sleep.

You made a classless post in this thread which just fueled more of the crap between you and whats his face.

Knock it off

Well, unlike a lot of Jet fans, I congratulate the Pats fans that post on this site. You could have really rubbed **** in our faces this entire year and for the most part showed more class then the team you root for (I just had to get that last part in)...congrats on going 16-0.

Thanks alot. That's alot better than wishing death on everyone associated with the organization. :cheers:

No, you won't. I'm getting tired of this ****..real tired..if you can't post like a human being, you should log off and go to sleep.

You made a classless post in this thread which just fueled more of the crap between you and whats his face.

Knock it off

It's 5:30 in the morning, I'm kind of drunk and incredibly depressed.

Sorry for that post, seriously.

BTW, that post had nothing to do with 'whats his face' for what it's worth.

The only important thing is winning or losing

Don't worry about how the world will judge your strategy. Just worry about winning. Machiavelli tells us that if you win, everyone will judge your methods to have been appropriate. If you lose, they will despise you

-Niccolo Machiavelli (1469-1527)

Machiavelli was no warrior. He was a historian. A nerd. A bookworm. He wondered how great societies were formed and maintained...by fortune, human nature, and the few who knew how to exploit both.

Today we are watching humans go through an exercise they're good at: Loving a winner and pushing all else aside. You can learn a lot from this.

Here's an example: "Mr Hess, I'm going to take your 2 million and buy a really good camcorder. Oh, and then I'm going to set records on your home turf."

The Patriots will win the superbowl. Bonds will get into the Hall. Don't bet against McGwire and Sosa getting there either. And...given time... we will all love them.

We have to, it's in our nature.

Then my mother was right all along-

I am from outer space.

I was saying the same thing the last couple of days NS...Alk, Gainzo and Garbie have been all-class-all the way this year. Even when it got real contentious during Spygate scandal people like Alk and Gainzo just decided to walk away and leave threads when the frustration level was getting too hot, instead of saying what they prolly felt they should (and TBH COULD) have, out of respect to the board. We Jets fans can get a little irrational at times. GJ to the cool Pats fans here and congrats on your team being the greatest football team I have ever seen.

Archived