Twins Lessen Santana Demands

oxscott

I used to think that Jet fans were the most paranoid and conspiracy oriented in sports fandom, but I have revised that thinking, based on posts in this forum the last few months to Yankee fans.

Yes, George Mitchell declined objectivity in his steroid report because of a Red Sox influence. Yes, another major league organization will receive less in return on a trade, just because the Yankees are involved.

Right. If a member of the Yankees Board of Directors headed the report you wouldn't be crying about it. :rolleyes:

Just like everyone didn't cry when the Yankees "got all the calls" during their championship run.:rolleyes:

Right. If a member of the Yankees Board of Directors headed the report you wouldn't be crying about it. :rolleyes:

Just like everyone didn't cry when the Yankees "got all the calls" during their championship run.:rolleyes:

......or payroll

......or " they buy all their players "

......or " the broadcasters are on their side "

.....or " we can't compete , we have no money "

.....or " Clemens threw a bat at me ...WAAA WAAA WAAA "

If you're the Twins and the Yanks offer you Ian Kennedy, Melky Cabrera, and either Alan Horne or Jeff Marquez... what do you do?

I wouldn't take it now but if it's the best offer they're going to get from any team then I most certainly would. The longer the Twins wait the less leverage they have IMO. And FYI that offer is a hell of a lot better than Lester + crap.

Are you going to sit there and tell me that the Yankees didn't get any calls against the Sox in '99? How about Jeffrey Maier? Things like that always used to happen to them.

It's kind of like the Pats this year. They were a better team already, they didn't need extra help.

I wouldn't take it now but if it's the best offer they're going to get from any team then I most certainly would. The longer the Twins wait the less leverage they have IMO. And FYI that offer is a hell of a lot better than Lester + crap.

Yankee fans crack me up. Every Yankee prospect is a hall of famer in the making, and every Sox prospect is crap.

Yankee fans crack me up. Every Yankee prospect is a hall of famer in the making, and every Sox prospect is crap.

So, what's wrong with that? Personally, for me that's the way it's always been through the years. Sox were fortunate to win a couple and you have to admit, that's not the norm seeing their history. I expect things to return to normal maybe this year, but most definitely next year.

So, what's wrong with that? Personally, for me that's the way it's always been through the years. Sox were fortunate to win a couple and you have to admit, that's not the norm seeing their history. I expect things to return to normal maybe this year, but most definitely next year.

Who is to say what "normal" is.

To me, normal may be the 80's, when Mets owned NY and teh Yankees were an afterthought. ;)

I believe every season is its own history.

Who is to say what "normal" is.

To me, normal may be the 80's, when Mets owned NY and teh Yankees were an afterthought. ;)

I believe every season is its own history.

I said in my post, personally for me...not saying that everyone thinks like that, but being a long time fan of the Yankees, it's normal for me to form that opinion.

Come on NSDQ. You ain't 80.

Let's be honest in all of this. The Yankees history post-1960 is getting pumped up by their 1920-1959 history. The Yankees do have a long and proud tradition. No doubt.

However, since the draft and FA was implemented. The Yankees stranglehold they had from 1920-1959 has weakened. They are not winning 6 out of every 10 anymore. They what the early 60s until late 70s between titles and then another almost 20 year drought before George was miniamalized and actual baseball people ran the show and they won 4 more. 6 titles over 40 years is good, but the Yankees have been more often then not nots. Good? Yes. Dominant outside of the late 90s? No.

Plus, with this malestrom being conjured up by the roids issue, the time is now to develop a pitching staff. It is possible a backlash and overreaction from MLB could see the game slip back to the pre-roids era and 30 HRs will become a nice season again.

If you knew how to rate prospects you'd easily see this. Most Red Sox fans who aren't homers would agree with me.

That's all fine and dandy, except the deal being offered isn't Lester+. If it was, Santana would have already been a Sox.

Come on NSDQ. You ain't 80.

Let's be honest in all of this. The Yankees history post-1960 is getting pumped up by their 1920-1959 history. The Yankees do have a long and proud tradition. No doubt.

However, since the draft and FA was implemented. The Yankees stranglehold they had from 1920-1959 has weakened. They are not winning 6 out of every 10 anymore. They what the early 60s until late 70s between titles and then another almost 20 year drought before George was miniamalized and actual baseball people ran the show and they won 4 more. 6 titles over 40 years is good, but the Yankees have been more often then not nots. Good? Yes. Dominant outside of the late 90s? No.

Plus, with this malestrom being conjured up by the roids issue, the time is now to develop a pitching staff. It is possible a backlash and overreaction from MLB could see the game slip back to the pre-roids era and 30 HRs will become a nice season again.

LOL...but, I will be 60 in a few months...that's old enough to remember a lot of baseball years....

That's all fine and dandy, except the deal being offered isn't Lester+. If it was, Santana would have already been a Sox.

I agree with you. I don't think the Sox are in this for real...just trying to make the Yankees pay more. And if Hank Steinbrenner takes over this operation and makes the trade, I'm going to start hating him. Hank, just shut up and let your people who actually know two ****s about baseball do the work.

Please advise us of the correct way to "rate" prospects.

Yankees = Great

Everyone else = Suspect ?

Seems flawed.

If you'd look at scouting reports and stats, you'd see that Kennedy has a much better arsenal of pitches, better control, and a better minor league track record than Lester.

If you'd look at scouting reports and stats, you'd see that Kennedy has a much better arsenal of pitches, better control, and a better minor league track record than Lester.

It could be possible, just possible, that the Twins scouting reports differ from the stats and reports that you are looking at.

Everyone evaluates prospects and look at numbers differently.

The Twins are the ones that have to ultimately live with the trade.

It could be possible, just possible, that the Twins scouting reports differ from the stats and reports that you are looking at.

Everyone evaluates prospects and look at numbers differently.

The Twins are the ones that have to ultimately live with the trade.

SD....you do realize that all major league clubs contact madmike before making any of these deals don't you?

Archived