So I got a 360 for Christmas

BUM-KNEE

I guess I was thinking it would be different/better than it has been so far. I havent spent much time playing it yet so maybe Im wrong. I have the "arcade" version with two wireless controllers, and one rechargable battery pack with the "charge and play" recharger. The thing that is most annoying is the need for the add-on HD to play the older games, of which I have a bunch. I will admit, it is a cool thing to have and the games are quite impressive. Although I only have two, Project Gotham Racing 3 and Elder Scrolls IV.

Im really not up to speed with alot of the games out there so if any of you guys could recommend some to me that would be great. Something along the lines of the Splinter Cell series or Half Life (stealth/shooter), and a good racing game or two. Forza racing looked pretty sweet. I like the Elder Scrolls III - IV games as well, are there other games that are similar? How about a good golf game?

Thanks in advance. BK

You definately want to look into games such as Halo 3, Bioshock, or the Call of Duty series for shooters.

The Forza 2 is a great game, it came with my system and I enjoy it alot. Another game that is definately worth a purchase is Assassin's Creed.

Enjoy!!

I just got 360 yesterday. What the hell is the point of Forza 2. It is like impossible to play. No one is ever online. That would be fun to play online. Is Ultimate Alliance good? Havent played it yet. GH3 is the best game ever! Anyone have it?

You definately want to look into games such as Halo 3, Bioshock, or the Call of Duty series for shooters.

The Forza 2 is a great game, it came with my system and I enjoy it alot. Another game that is definately worth a purchase is Assassin's Creed.

Enjoy!!

I liked both of the prior Halo games (not that I can play them on my 360 without the hard drive) so I will be looking to pick it up.

I just was watching some in-game footage of Bioshock and it will be my next addition for sure, it looks to be awesome. Havent looked into Assassins Creed yet.

Project Gotham Racing 3 came with the system and its pretty good except there isnt any vehicle damage, which I find kinda lame. I want a good off-road rally racing game.

I just got 360 yesterday. What the hell is the point of Forza 2. It is like impossible to play. No one is ever online. That would be fun to play online. Is Ultimate Alliance good? Havent played it yet. GH3 is the best game ever! Anyone have it?

I havent played Forza, but it looks like it would be cool. I dont play online, so I cant help you out Jaspegs. LOL

Good ones mentioned so far.

Here are some recommendations

Bio Shock (First Person Shooter, Overall Game of the Year)

Mass Effect (Shooter/RPG, RPG Game of the Year)

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced War Fighter (Shooter, Third Person View..over the shoulder.) Bargain game!

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced War Fighter 2

Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas (First Person Shooter)

The Orange Box (Half Life 2, HL2 Episode 1 and 2, Portal, Team Fortress 2) Great bang for your buck here! 5 great games in one package.

Call of Duty 4 ( First Person Shooter)

Gears of War (Shooter, Third Person view..over the shoulder)

Virtua Fighter 5 (Fighter)

Dead or Alive 4 (Fighter)

SKATE (Skateboarding) Better than Tony Hawk series IMO.

F.E.A.R. (First Person Shooter)

You already have the best racer for the 360, Forza 2 FTW!! ;)

EDIT: I forgot Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Double Agent and Halo 3.

I guess I was thinking it would be different/better than it has been so far. I havent spent much time playing it yet so maybe Im wrong. I have the "arcade" version with two wireless controllers, and one rechargable battery pack with the "charge and play" recharger. The thing that is most annoying is the need for the add-on HD to play the older games, of which I have a bunch. I will admit, it is a cool thing to have and the games are quite impressive. Although I only have two, Project Gotham Racing 3 and Elder Scrolls IV.

Im really not up to speed with alot of the games out there so if any of you guys could recommend some to me that would be great. Something along the lines of the Splinter Cell series or Half Life (stealth/shooter), and a good racing game or two. Forza racing looked pretty sweet. I like the Elder Scrolls III - IV games as well, are there other games that are similar? How about a good golf game?

Thanks in advance. BK

Tactical shooters = Rainbow 6 Vegas or Call of Duty 4. (never played it but it looks good and I love the series :P)

Racing= Forza 2, easily. There's a few people here with it. Jaspegs, I don't know what problems you're having, I find games easily. We should get a JN race going. :)

As for games similar to TES, Two Worlds or something like that is a direct ripoff that f'n sucks. TES are the best in their class, in my opinion.

Golf= I don't know. Or care.

Also, some other good games are Halo 3, Gears of War, Saints Row, Crackdown.

Tactical shooters = Rainbow 6 Vegas or Call of Duty 4. (never played it but it looks good and I love the series :P)

Racing= Forza 2, easily. There's a few people here with it. Jaspegs, I don't know what problems you're having, I find games easily. We should get a JN race going. :)

As for games similar to TES, Two Worlds or something like that is a direct ripoff that f'n sucks. TES are the best in their class, in my opinion.

Golf= I don't know. Or care.

Also, some other good games are Halo 3, Gears of War, Saints Row, Crackdown.

I just got it yesterday. Guitar heros the bomb. I mean Forzas fun I guess but it gets boring. I beat the first level. Its hard to turn and crap. The graphics are a 10 though. But yeah we should get a race. I would use the scion just becasue of its handling.

Thanks in advance. BK

My personal favorites are the Call of Duty's (III and now 4), Halo's, and wait another 6 months or so for Madden 09.

I have the 360 and ps3. Buy Halo 3 and COD 4 and you will guarantee yourself hours of fun. You can pick up a 20 gig hd for it on ebay fairly cheap.

I was leaning towards getting a PS3, but the wife got me the 360 so I guess Ill be happy with that. LOL How much are the HDs cost-wise?

I had an older COD game (cant remember which one) and it was pretty good, Ill look into #4. Is the Splinter Cell series over with, or is there going to be more? I thought I heard somewhere that it was not going to release any more games.

Thanks everyone for the input.

Ive seen them for less than a hundred bucks. You may also want to buy the HD DVD player for it. Xbox makes you spend extra money for a lot of things Sony already includes in the PS3. One more thing you will probably want is the wireless adaptor. Between my ps3 and 360 I've got well over $1300 bucks in hardware and accesories. Its not a cheap hobby.

Ive seen them for less than a hundred bucks. You may also want to buy the HD DVD player for it. Xbox makes you spend extra money for a lot of things Sony already includes in the PS3. One more thing you will probably want is the wireless adaptor. Between my ps3 and 360 I've got well over $1300 bucks in hardware and accesories. Its not a cheap hobby.

I will keep my eye out for one, thanks Ruben.

The HD DVD player seems like a good idea now that Ive looked into it, maybe later on.

30 hours on controller batteries? Sheesh Vibration -- OFF!! Gotta get another rechargable battery pack.

EDIT: Is the 120 GB HD kind of overkill when not playing/downloading online? Im thinking the 20 GB would be plenty for an average/moderate user such as myself.

I will keep my eye out for one, thanks Ruben.

The HD DVD player seems like a good idea now that Ive looked into it, maybe later on.

30 hours on controller batteries? Sheesh Vibration -- OFF!! Gotta get another rechargable battery pack.

EDIT: Is the 120 GB HD kind of overkill when not playing/downloading online? Im thinking the 20 GB would be plenty for an average/moderate user such as myself.

20GB is fine. It works for me. The download on movies only sends them to you in 720p, so I have no use for it.

Thanks in advance. BK

i dont want to burst your bubble bro but the arcade only has an rca output which makes it a NON HD system. You can play xbox 360 games but youll get xbox quality

My personal favorites are the Call of Duty's (III and now 4), Halo's, and wait another 6 months or so for Madden 09.

i am also a HUGE fan of the COD and medal of honor stuff. If you want to be a soldier in a war, thats it. Tom clancy stuff gets REal boring for me

i dont want to burst your bubble bro but the arcade only has an rca output which makes it a NON HD system. You can play xbox 360 games but youll get xbox quality

Really? Didnt know that. Good thing I got the pro because I just ordered a plasma.

Hmmmm...The 360 website says that the Arcade version comes with an HDMI output.

Begin playing: Xbox 360 Arcade console is everything you need to begin playing right out of the box, including Family Settings that allow parents to restrict game access for younger players. Comes with a wireless controller, five arcade games, and a memory unit. This console includes an HDMI output, so you can experience your games in the highest definition possible, up to 1080p (HDMI cable sold separately).

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/hardware/x/xbox360arcadesystem/

Is this a misprint?

WRONG. All current Xbox 360's come with an HDMI output. They don't come with the cables etc. But the output is there. You guys need to double check your facts .

WRONG. All current Xbox 360's come with an HDMI output. They don't come with the cables etc. But the output is there. You guys need to double check your facts .

I just looked at the ports on mine and it says HDMI on it.

whoa whoa whoa good grief i stand corrected.

man you guys are meanies.

i saw the arcade, saw the lower price, looked at the outputs and noticed an old school rca so i thought that was the catch. ok my bad

so heres a q for you vicious xbox fanatics:

why is it that i have only 5 games, and i dont play online and yet my big HD only has abou 9gigs of space left?

i saw the arcade, saw the lower price, looked at the outputs and noticed an old school rca so i thought that was the catch. ok my bad

why is it that i have only 5 games, and i dont play online and yet my big HD only has abou 9gigs of space left?

Saving a ton of replays???? Dunno.

---also there are no RCA jacks on mine.

Yeah realized this when I got it. The 360 comes with videos demos and a lot of other things. All you have to do is go to the dashbord and delete everything. I did it and now I have like 17 becaause of all the games I have.

Lots of demos and trailers etc that come pre loaded on you HD. I have the Halo edition 360, and mine had even less available space. Just go in there and delete it all yourself. If you feel you need/want it later on, its available for download again. I opened up a lot of space that way on mine. I may still upgrade to a 120 GB HD if I come across one at a good price. Bad part is that the color wont match my Halo Edition Unit.

Archived