If there's one thing against the Pats...

JETS11269

Anybody check out this article?

Apparently, every season's leading passer in NFL history has failed to win the Super Bowl that year. From Namath, to Fouts, to Marino (obviously), to Manning. Brady's led it before, and NE lost the Divisional Round in '05. I know, I know. Previous stats can't affect them at all, but it makes you think, doesn't it?

I guess defense really does win championships.

Anybody check out this article?

Apparently, every season's leading passer in NFL history has failed to win the Super Bowl that year. From Namath, to Fouts, to Marino (obviously), to Manning. Brady's led it before, and NE lost the Divisional Round in '05. I know, I know. Previous stats can't affect them at all, but it makes you think, doesn't it?

I guess defense really does win championships.

Let's hope this streak continues. :pats:

:lol:

If you go back to their first SB year, 2001. they threw the ball more than they ran it. hell, they came out throwing screens all over the place in that snow bowl.

Antonie Smith still had over 1,000 yards rushing that season. They ran the ball A LOT that season. Sure they ran a lot of screens too, but Smith was their workhorse back as well.

Antonie Smith still had over 1,000 yards rushing that season. They ran the ball A LOT that season. Sure they ran a lot of screens too, but Smith was their workhorse back as well.

He was a scrub they picked up from Buffalo. his runs fed off their passing, just like Maroney does now.

I have to admit that I'm nervous as hell about these playoffs. I almost wish they had lost one game somwhere along the way. I'm feeling the pressure and I'm a freakin' fan. I can't imagine how those players are feeling right now.

2001 - 473 att. 1,793 yds.

2007 - 451 att, 1,849 yds.

I have to admit that I'm nervous as hell about these playoffs. I almost wish they had lost one game somwhere along the way. I'm feeling the pressure and I'm a freakin' fan. I can't imagine how those players are feeling right now.

Don't worry....if its a close game the refs/league will make sure they (pats) won't lose. Nothing to worry about, they'll win it all with "class".

that last game had to be anti-climactic to most of the players. The feeling as though you had won, or that the season was over will be touch to shake come playoff time.

When Leon ran for the 50 yards against the pats, it sort of showed the aged/slowed linebackers, and that they can definatly be taken advantage of by a good running team.

If they face Jax, look out, they'll be fighting tooth and nail to finish that team off. The only reason jax would lose that game is because of their coach.

that last game had to be anti-climactic to most of the players. The feeling as though you had won, or that the season was over will be touch to shake come playoff time.

When Leon ran for the 50 yards against the pats, it sort of showed the aged/slowed linebackers, and that they can definatly be taken advantage of by a good running team.

If they face Jax, look out, they'll be fighting tooth and nail to finish that team off. The only reason jax would lose that game is because of their coach.

New England this season has actually been pretty good against the better running teams. These are the teams in the top 10 that they have faced this season.

San Diego (7th) - 52 yds.

Philadelphia (8th) - 55 yds.

Pittsburgh (3rd) - 181 yds.

NY Giants (4th) - 79 yds.

Belichick's gameplan is pretty simple really. Take away what your opponent does best. Of those four opponents, Pittsburgh by far had the best success. I don't think it's any coincidence that they also have the best QB of the four. I fully expect Belichick to make Gerrard beat them which I don't think he can.

You should be nervous...

JAX is going to take it to you! :)

BZ

Archived