kellen?

gg

ok so i just did a search for threads about kellen... and didnt find any over the past couple of days... did i miss it? ifi did, please merge this mods.... but if not...

was anyone watching the game on sunday??? again, i am sure he is a nice young man... but does anyone thing he is the "answer" at QB??? i have been saying this for months...

he has no pressence in the pocket... he looks confused and scared. yes i know our Oline has issues and he was playing with out LC.. but golly.. this was against KC... jeeeez... his throws were all over the place... yeah yeah .. i know he is young...

but golly... i am not feeling good about this for next year.

i hope that if he is the starter next year, i will be able to eat my words ...

but right now....i am having browning nagle flashbacks...

OY!

ok so i just did a search for threads about kellen... and didnt find any over the past couple of days... did i miss it? ifi did, please merge this mods.... but if not...

was anyone watching the game on sunday??? again, i am sure he is a nice young man... but does anyone thing he is the "answer" at QB??? i have been saying this for months...

he has no pressence in the pocket... he looks confused and scared. yes i know our Oline has issues and he was playing with out LC.. but golly.. this was against KC... jeeeez... his throws were all over the place... yeah yeah .. i know he is young...

OY!

No, he's not the answer, but let's give the Clemens fans their due and see what he can do next season...like I've said over and over, our QB of the future isn't on the team yet and I think Verde wanted to know if he was born yet...at this rate, probably not.

No, he's not the answer, but let's give the Clemens fans their due and see what he can do next season...like I've said over and over, our QB of the future isn't on the team yet and I think Verde wanted to know if he was born yet...at this rate, probably not.

so do we just write off next year? how long do we give him next year.. the whole season? and what if they dont fix the Oline.. do we use that as an excuse and give him another year...and talk about a "work in progress"

well... on the positive side.. the tickets are cheap when we suck. :shock:

oy! :lol:

Here is something that should make you feel better.

Every QB that has ever come into the NFL has the ability to successfully throw the ball on a consistent basis if he has all of the time in the world to throw.

No QB who has ever come into the NFL can successfully throw throw the ball on a consistent basis if he has no time to throw.

The failure, mediocrity or greatness of QBs is measured on their ability within different degrees of those conditions.

In 2007, Kellen has to get an Incomplete grade.

Assuming the Jets fix their o-line to some degree in 2008, we will be able to fairly evaluate him.

In the meantime, we have lots of holes that there is no doubt about the grade (particularly the o-line).

OY!

did u go to game? how many fans were there?

we suck at almost every position

Keep about 8-10 guys and jetison the rest

At this point i have no clue if KC is answer, his OL blows and he nevah had a

healthy cotch and Coles play 1 game with him

KC did win 3 and penne just 1 in about the same number of games

meanwhile pats will get better with 7th pick and will prob resign Moss

Here is something that should make you feel better.

Every QB that has ever come into the NFL has the ability to successfully throw the ball on a consistent basis if he has all of the time in the world to throw.

No QB who has ever come into the NFL can successfully throw throw the ball on a consistent basis if he has no time to throw.

The failure, mediocrity or greatness of QBs is measured on their ability within different degrees of those conditions.

In 2007, Kellen has to get an Incomplete grade.

Assuming the Jets fix their o-line to some degree in 2008, we will be able to fairly evaluate him.

In the meantime, we have lots of holes that there is no doubt about the grade (particularly the o-line).

i know... but i just didnt see anything with kellen to hang my hat on... i wish i saw some glimmer of something that i could say.. like well.. he has an amazing arm.. or even though he had no protection... he seemed to have composure in the pocket...

or maybe i am just bummed that jets fb is over for the season.. it goes so fast.

did u go to game? how many fans were there?

i was there and surprised at how, in the beginning, the stadium was pretty full.. but by mid third quarter.. it was pretty empty.. and i was there as the last second clicked off the clock with ice pellets dinging my head... and at that point.. there were about 37 people left in the stadium. :lol:

i know... but i just didnt see anything with kellen to hang my hat on... i wish i saw some glimmer of something that i could say.. like well.. he has an amazing arm.. or even though he had no protection... he seemed to have composure in the pocket...

or maybe i am just bummed that jets fb is over for the season.. it goes so fast.

i was there and surprised at how, in the beginning, the stadium was pretty full.. but by mid third quarter.. it was pretty empty.. and i was there as the last second clicked off the clock with ice pellets dinging my head... and at that point.. there were about 37 people left in the stadium. :lol:

the game was so unwatchable i didn't watch 4q, even Brodie sucked

Okay, so who do we get to replace him? Do you suggest we put chad back in there? Or do we draft one of these scrub QB's coming out this year? If we do what about the reast of the needs on this team?

i dont know who we get... but if the QB is the leader of the team... i say we need to shore up that position and the Oline.

frankly all this love for mcfadden was confusing to me.. i know he is suppose to be the next coming of LT but we have TJ and leon.. i just dont think an RB is what we needed ( i know this is all moot now because of our draft position. )

i dont know who we get... but if the QB is the leader of the team... i say we need to shore up that position and the Oline.

frankly all this love for mcfadden was confusing to me.. i know he is suppose to be the next coming of LT but we have TJ and leon.. i just dont think an RB is what we needed ( i know this is all moot now because of our draft position. )

the 2 or 3 slot was important for trade down ops, that is lost now

we could have added 3 picks to draft

I think we need to take care of the D and o lines anyway we can. We really have no choice to keep kellen and hope that he does better behind a good o-line. It's really funny how many times I've seen guys hitting the qb without even being touched. Chad even with blocking only throws is 2-3 yards and scores 7 points a game which doesn't work against the better teams in the league.

I have an even bigger question.

What is greengal doing in the NFL forum? Did Max lock the lounge again?

:yawn: nice try at being insulting... or humorous. have you been getting lessons from max?

the avatar is freaking me out, i am having painful flashbacks of my 5th grade

Math teacher Mrs Goldstein

ok.. afo.. i need you do do some long division for me ... what is 3,216247 divided by 683? please show all work.

the 2 or 3 slot was important for trade down ops, that is lost now

we could have added 3 picks to draft

i agree with that. although i could never wish for us to lose.. it just isnt within me.

I think we need to take care of the D and o lines anyway we can. We really have no choice to keep kellen and hope that he does better behind a good o-line. It's really funny how many times I've seen guys hitting the qb without even being touched. Chad even with blocking only throws is 2-3 yards and scores 7 points a game which doesn't work against the better teams in the league.

i agree about our Oline. I think that is important to shore up. I am afraid that we will get that tight and then watch kellen not be able to do anything. i guess i am concerned at his ability to see what is going on around him and to get that ball to our recievers.

again..if he is going to be our qb, i reallllly hope he proves me wrong.

:yawn: nice try at being insulting... or humorous. have you been getting lessons from max?

ok.. afo.. i need you do do some long division for me ... what is 3,216247 divided by 683? please show all work.

4709 no remainder

please get rid of avatar, i do not think i will make it, my knuckles still hurt

from that rulah

Good Bye cruel world, parting is such sweet sorrow

The questions about Clemens are unanswered- his performance did not wow anyone to make him think he is our future QB but he has to have more time and better offensive personnel around him to make a final determination.

Another factor that hurt clemens a lot was when he would throw a very catchable ball and it would be dropped. How many easily catchable dropped balls did this guy throw? How many of them were touchdowns, how many of them meant the difference in the game? I'm not even a clemens fan, I just think that the guy did enough to warrant being brought in as the starter in 08.

I think I have taken an even handed approach to the QB controversy. I love Chad and he can do everything you want in a QB except throw a dart or long with zip. His sideline passes are interceptions waiting to happen. Everthing else he has-good hands, great head and touch.

Clemen has the arm and good pocket presence-yes he looked like a lost duck at time but so did Chad and so would any QB whose escape route is blocked. How many of you would have a different way of thinking if Cotchery had caught the bomb Sunday or had half the dropped passes during the year been caught.

If you look at the progress of the season-he threw the ball away fewer and fewer times as the season progressed.

I don't know if Clemens is the answer-I do know that unless Chad goes on Steroids (and for his health I hope he doesn't) and suddenly finds arm strength-he is not the answer and I dont see any of the the college qb's coming out as any improvement over what we have.

Remember too Chad had an OL and Curtis throught most of his time with the Jets

Finally let's get KC a burner who can get downfield and hold on to a bomb.

I think I have taken an even handed approach to the QB controversy. I love Chad and he can do everything you want in a QB except throw a dart or long with zip. His sideline passes are interceptions waiting to happen. Everthing else he has-good hands, great head and touch.

Clemen has the arm and good pocket presence-yes he looked like a lost duck at time but so did Chad and so would any QB whose escape route is blocked. How many of you would have a different way of thinking if Cotchery had caught the bomb Sunday or had half the dropped passes during the year been caught.

If you look at the progress of the season-he threw the ball away fewer and fewer times as the season progressed.

I don't know if Clemens is the answer-I do know that unless Chad goes on Steroids (and for his health I hope he doesn't) and suddenly finds arm strength-he is not the answer and I dont see any of the the college qb's coming out as any improvement over what we have.

Remember too Chad had an OL and Curtis throught most of his time with the Jets

Finally let's get KC a burner who can get downfield and hold on to a bomb.

What if we chopped of Kellen's arm and sewed it onto Chad's body?

OY!

wow. i wonder what people would have blogged when Aikman went 1-15. Or when Manning was getting picked to death the first season he played. How do you think they looked in the pocket? 20-20 hindisght does not count. It is not part of the debate. I have some concerns too. But playing with the junk he played with this year, it would have been hard to project an air of cool confidence. The O line was completely unreliable. The receiving corps stunk, and Jones sucked. With that, he still wound up with a better record than Chad, and did not throw game changing, back-breaking INTs in the fourth quarter. Sure he didn't do a whole lot, but he did bring the team up the field several times late for ties or wins. I say be patient. Put some pieces in place before you pass judgment. We shall see. Coaches know more than we do, and they know what was supposed to happen on all of these plays they ran. I will trust their judgment.

wow. i wonder what people would have blogged when Aikman went 1-15. Or when Manning was getting picked to death the first season he played. How do you think they looked in the pocket? 20-20 hindisght does not count. It is not part of the debate. I have some concerns too. But playing with the junk he played with this year, it would have been hard to project an air of cool confidence. The O line was completely unreliable. The receiving corps stunk, and Jones sucked. With that, he still wound up with a better record than Chad, and did not throw game changing, back-breaking INTs in the fourth quarter. Sure he didn't do a whole lot, but he did bring the team up the field several times late for ties or wins. I say be patient. Put some pieces in place before you pass judgment. We shall see. Coaches know more than we do, and they know what was supposed to happen on all of these plays they ran. I will trust their judgment.

alas i am frustrated... when leons pass to wallace wright was the most exciting pass last sunday... i get frustrated.

i am just stating my opinion... believe me.. i hope i am wrong... it would be grand if kellen turns out to be the second coming of aikman ofr p.manning, i am just nervous...

great great post jack.

greengal did you watch the end of the baltimore game? kellon showed me a lot of potential driving the team downfield for the win only to have the ball dropped by our wr corp on 3 occasions. He throws on a rope, has pocket presence and most of all a mobility in the pocket that chad & vinnie never showed us.

i'm not saying he's the future but I don't think any q back could have stepped in & got the jets to the playoffs this year.

Kellons has the drive & talent to run this team imo. He needs help though

greengal did you watch the end of the baltimore game? kellon showed me a lot of potential driving the team downfield for the win only to have the ball dropped by our wr corp on 3 occasions. He throws on a rope, has pocket presence and most of all a mobility in the pocket that chad & vinnie never showed us.

i'm not saying he's the future but I don't think any q back could have stepped in & got the jets to the playoffs this year.

Kellons has the drive & talent to run this team imo. He needs help though

yes i did jw... every qb can have a great quarter... even quincy carter...

again as i have said.. i hope i am wrong. if we get a good oline... then he willhave the time ... i just have not seen the pocket presence that people have said he has.

Kellen had a bunch of TDs dropped, and a good portion of his interceptions were not even his fault. There were several off of WR tips, Coles falling down while running etc etc. QB rating means jack sh#t. Kellen was 3-4 as our full time starter. Fairly decent considering how poorly the Oline was performing, and with Coles not even being available for the majority of his starts. Not to mention the fact that he was facing 2nd and long every time because of the hanus play calling on 1st down with Thomas Jones getting 2 yards a pop.

He was not put in position to succeed in 2007, bottom line.

well then i will be happy... they will get the Oline shored up and we will be playoff bound.. there is nothing more that i could want..

( are people not reading that part of all my posts?:lol:)

prove me wrong kellen!

funny how everyone was saying to get Kellon i there to see if we need to draft a QB but now they give him an incomplete

Im not sure if they should draft a QB or not but even Browning Nagel and Foley looked better then KC has

Kellen had a bunch of TDs dropped, and a good portion of his interceptions were not even his fault. There were several off of WR tips, Coles falling down while running etc etc. QB rating means jack sh#t. Kellen was 3-4 as our full time starter. Fairly decent considering how poorly the Oline was performing, and with Coles not even being available for the majority of his starts. Not to mention the fact that he was facing 2nd and long every time because of the hanus play calling on 1st down with Thomas Jones getting 2 yards a pop.

Barton, you are using way too much analysis. Don't you know all you have to do is look at his stats for the first 8 games of his career and know that he is not going to make it? You don't even have to watch the games. Just read the stats. ;)

Take it for what it is worth. From the Daily news

graf_j2s.jpg

Looking at the list I don't exactly see any saviors on it.

Clemens got worse as the season wore on. Starting with the Baltimore game where he stood took his shots and made some nice throws late to the a jittery feet QB who threw alot of balls into the ground against KC.

I would give him 08 but I would be looking a QB in the draft.

Take it for what it is worth. From the Daily news

graf_j2s.jpg

Looking at the list I don't exactly see any saviors on it.

Clemens got worse as the season wore on. Starting with the Baltimore game where he stood took his shots and made some nice throws late to the a jittery feet QB who threw alot of balls into the ground against KC.

I would give him 08 but I would be looking a QB in the draft.

Yeah it's certainly not good company but we still can't give up on him because of it.

Archived