Yes, those wonderful Mets are...

Yep, the Mets are horrible. So what does that make the Yankees? We smoked your asses in your own house, the place where the Mets have NEVER WON BEFORE!!

Since when does a 4-game win streak turn a down-trodden, suicidal group of fairweather fans into grown men who all of a sudden are fighting to ball-wash each other and the Yankees?

Lest we forget, these are the same Yankees who continually follow up win-streaks with losing-streaks. Or do I have to remind you? Did not the ROYALS, DEVIL RAYS and BREWERS own you this season? Have you not realized that the Yankees CANNOT BEAT the teams they NEED to beat?

Yeah, sure. You "sweep" a 2-game set with the O's, and all of a sudden it's time to bash the Mets, who happen to be just 4.5 games back of the wild card and are in the toughest division in the game. You sound real smart right now. :roll:

Yep, the Mets are horrible. So what does that make the Yankees? We smoked your asses in your own house, the place where the Mets have NEVER WON BEFORE!!

Since when does a 4-game win streak turn a down-trodden, suicidal group of fairweather fans into grown men who all of a sudden are fighting to ball-wash each other and the Yankees?

Lest we forget, these are the same Yankees who continually follow up win-streaks with losing-streaks. Or do I have to remind you? Did not the ROYALS, DEVIL RAYS and BREWERS own you this season? Have you not realized that the Yankees CANNOT BEAT the teams they NEED to beat?

Yeah, sure. You "sweep" a 2-game set with the O's, and all of a sudden it's time to bash the Mets, who happen to be just 4.5 games back of the wild card and are in the toughest division in the game. You sound real smart right now. :roll:

pathetic as the yankees have been, they appear to have finally righted the ship.

the mets and their huge payroll are 10 games back of a team with a $50M payroll 1 year removed from the worst record in baseball.

pathetic as the yankees have been, they appear to have finally righted the ship.

the mets and their huge payroll are 10 games back of a team with a $50M payroll 1 year removed from the worst record in baseball.

Hey, what can I say. The Mets are struggling big time, and at the wrong time to be doing it.

But don't knock the Nationals. That team, especially in the post-steroids era, can flat out ball.

if going 3-3 against the yankees is more important to you than making the playoffs, then congratulations =D>

if going 3-3 against the yankees is more important to you than making the playoffs, then congratulations =D>

You should know by now.

It doesn't matter if the Mets have the highest payroll in National League. As long as they finished third or fourth and split with the Yankees then they have had a good year.

But don't knock the Nationals. That team, especially in the post-steroids era, can flat out ball.

definitely not knocking the nationals, i am going to the game tonight vs. the mets.

i have been a life long yankee fan but have lived in DC the last 5 years. while i am still a die-hard yankee fan i am also a nationals fan, now that we have a team here.

they play baseball the way it is supposed to be played and frank robinson is as old-school as it gets. i just hope they can hang on in the 2nd half, the braves are playing some great ball, the marlins have great arms, and the mets are done.

10 games out of first and DEAD LAST in the NL East.

=D>=D>=D>:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Ah, I love when the Yank fans start bashing the Mets. That is like a fat slob bashing an anorexic. Come on now, who cares what the Mets do....remember that NY is a Yank town..right? Who cares where the mets are..after all..they did not spend 200 million, they didn't sign "THE UNIT". They did not sign "Pavanopalooza". They don't have two steriod users on staff, they don't have WS expectations every year, they don't have Big Stein as their owner, they don't have the history. Who cares what we do besides Mets fans.

There is only ONE reason to bash the mets if you are a Yank fan, to divert attention from a huge bust season. Let's put it this way, if the Yanks fail to win the WS this year, its a bust but if they fail to make the playoffs, that would be the world record for busts...$200 million spent on a team that didn't even make the playoffs...wow. Almost as bad as blowing a 3 games to none lead in the playoffs.

Ouch.

LL

If the Mets miss the playoffs, it has to be considered a complete bust of a season.

Bust...not really, there were no projections of making the playoffs this year..new manager, new players (with adjustment periods), time to let go of some dead wood (piazza, matsui, glavine...)

If the mets get to .500 its not a bust by any means..

ah, what wishful thinking for the Yank fan...need to pick on the mets to feel better about their own team...

LL

Especially when you have the third highest payroll in MLB and the highest in the NL.

There's a difference, the Mets payroll isn't double their closest competitor.

Yanks are double our payroll....that's 3 or 4 more All-STARS. Not that Jeter is a All-Star this year.

Seriously, Delgado if he had signed would have made a world of difference to the Mets....kinda like what ARod does for the Yanks.

Having a $200 mil payroll and lingering at .500 is laughable. As Shawn pointed out, Mets fans have high-priced egg on our faces as well, but I can tell you that no Mets fan I talked to in April expected a damn thing out of the Mets this year. This is the definition of a transition year. As soon as we dump dead-weight Piazza and the sulker Glavine, then we'll be in position to compete next season.

But the Yanks, and I hate to call my man GJ&H on this one, were called a freaking Juggernaut at the beginning of the season and they're almost a pitiful team to watch. Yanks fans are riding high because Randy Johnson had his first quality start against the O's and Steroid Giambi, whom they were trying to crucify earlier in the season, is back on the juice. Congratulations.

There's a difference, the Mets payroll isn't double their closest competitor.

Yanks are double our payroll....that's 3 or 4 more All-STARS. Not that Jeter is a All-Star this year.

Seriously, Delgado if he had signed would have made a world of difference to the Mets....kinda like what ARod does for the Yanks.

Considering that right now the Yankees have about 2 games better record in the standings than the Mets for more than 100 million over in payroll the Mets is not showing me a Yankee team being very productive

Agreed Faba

The Yanks first half has been nothing short of disgraceful in my opinion.

The thing that makes me laugh when I see people like JF80 and Mr. Shane go "Well I figure the Mets will finish third" or "This is a transitition year".

Do Met fans have zero expectations ?

Yes I do expect the Yankees to be in the playoffs every year. Anything less than that with that payroll now is a disgrace and they way they are built right now they probably won't win the World Series.

Boy how you have all fallen from the Arrogent trolls that rules the baseball world in the mid to late 80's.

Agreed Faba

The Yanks first half has been nothing short of disgraceful in my opinion.

The thing that makes me laugh when I see people like JF80 and Mr. Shane go "Well I figure the Mets will finish third" or "This is a transitition year".

Do Met fans have zero expectations ?

Yes I do expect the Yankees to be in the playoffs every year. Anything less than that with that payroll now is a disgrace and they way they are built right now they probably won't win the World Series.

Boy how you have all fallen from the Arrogent trolls that rules the baseball world in the mid to late 80's.

I can only speak for myself Shawn - I was looking for the Mets this year to finally show some improvement and compete for the wild card. I knew they had far from a perfect team but Minaya I think has them on the right track to be very competitive every year.

Let's go position by position and see why the Yanks are a joke:

First Base:

Yanks: Jason Giambi was humiliated for being on steroids and is still owed $70 mil. Lately he's had a tiny resurgence and Yanks fans are absolutely giddy over it. Consider he's been here for two years now and you're hopping up and down because he hit two jacks vs. the Orioles. Most of you Yankee honks were ready to burn Giambi at the stake and were pathetically begging George to cut him and eat ONLY 68 mil. Jokes.

Mets: Doug Mentkiewicz. Makes what, $4 mil? Who gives a sh*t. A total stopgap player who will be on the bench next season.

Humiliation Factor: Yanks

Second Base:

Yanks: Despite having a $200 million dollar roster, Yanks went into the season with no second baseman. Oh wait, you had Tony Womack. Yanks were bailed out by Robinson Cano. Congratulations.

Mets: Kaz Matsui. Enough said.

Humiliation Factor: Mets

Shortstop:

Yanks: The Yanks have one of the most celebrated slap hitters in the history of the game who is "great" only to Yankee homers. Batting .216 with RISP is almost laughable for a guy known as "Mr. Clutch." AND MAKES $19 MILLION DOLLARS. I always ask, and no one answers, if Derek Jeter played in Kansas City, would anyone know who he is?

Mets: Have one the most electrifying young players in the GAME at shortstop. His range and speed makes Jeter look like a statue. He has learned how to stay healthy, and is developing more and more plate discipline as the season goes on. Reyes will be among the top five SS's in the game in two years. Jeter isn't there NOW.

Third Base:

Yanks: An anonymous scout when asked recently if ARod had a chance to hit 70 homers this season replied "Absolutely not. When the heat is on ARod will STOP hitting and Jeter will start hitting." Good for Jeter, bad for ARod. He is this generation's Danny Tartabull and a league-wide punchline. And he makes $20+ mil.

Mets: David Wright is a terrific young player who is only getting better. He is brilliant at the plate already, drawing comparisons to Mike Schmidt, but his reputed good glove has been very inconsistent. Makes pennies.

Catcher:

Yanks: Jorge Posada. AHhahaAHAHAhaHAHAhaAHAHAa.

Mets: Mike Piazza. OK, it's a wash.

Humiliation Factor: Even.

Outfield:

Yanks: Gary Sheffield puts up nice numbers but absolutely choked in the ALCS last year and his recent tirade about being traded ran non-stop on ESPN for a week. A national embarrassment. Makes $14 mil. Awesome. Bernie Williams has looked like a corpse in centerfield, resulting in the amusing experiment by genius Joe Torre of putting Matsui in center and Tony Womack in left. It's been a clusterfu*k. Matsui is a ballplayer's ballplayer and a rare source of pride for Yankee fans.

Mets: Carlos Beltran got a huge deal to come to the Mets and has not delivered at the dish. He has always been a streaky hitter, however, and can jump his average 30 points in the course of two weeks at any moment. Mike Cameron came back from injury and has been priceless for the Mets. His ultimate value will be as a highly valued trade chip in an upcoming deal for stud young players. Say what you will about his average, Cameron is an elite defensive center fielder with pop. Some contender will bite. And Cliff Floyd will be an MVP candidate if the Mets can get it together and make a push in the second half.

Pitching Staff:

Yanks: Randy Johnson has been pitiful but Yankee honks wet their pants when he pitched a decent game against the Orioles on three days rest. Awesome. Mike Mussina has always been a "nice" pitcher with no guts. Chien Ming Wang has been a surprise who has bailed the Yanks out. Jaret Wright looks pretty in a suit. Mariano Rivera has been great, but Tom Gordon sucks. And Mike Stanton? Please.

Mets: Tom Glavine sucks and I want him anywhere but on the Mets. His whining crybaby act makes me homicidal. BUT, Pedro has been GOLDEN and a superstar. Steve Trachsel is on his way back from the injured list, which is good because he's a decent pitcher but sucks because he takes 4 hours to finish a game. Braden Looper has been inconsistent at best.

Humiliation Factor: That the Yankees have 5 starters all making over $10 mil per is a disgrace: YANKS

Manager:

Yanks: Joe Torre looks like his mind is in Aruba already. Retire, Joe. Managing was really easy when he had former All-Stars coming off the bench to pinch hit, but those guys are gone now and Joe has looked very average.

Mets: Willie has been shoddy. There is no two ways around it. For a guy who has been around baseball as long as Willie has, he makes some brain-dead decisions that really make you scratch your head.

Humiation Factor: Mets

Let's go position by position and see why the Yanks are a joke:

First Base:

Yanks: Jason Giambi was humiliated for being on steroids and is still owed $70 mil. Lately he's had a tiny resurgence and Yanks fans are absolutely giddy over it. Consider he's been here for two years now and you're hopping up and down because he hit two jacks vs. the Orioles. Most of you Yankee honks were ready to burn Giambi at the stake and were pathetically begging George to cut him and eat ONLY 68 mil. Jokes.

Mets: Doug Mentkiewicz. Makes what, $4 mil? Who gives a Sh#t. A total stopgap player who will be on the bench next season.

Second Base:

Yanks: Despite having a $200 million dollar roster, Yanks went into the season with no second baseman. Oh wait, you had Tony Womack. Yanks were bailed out by Robinson Cano. Congratulations.

Mets: Kaz Matsui. Enough said.

Humiliation Factor: Mets

Shortstop:

Yanks: The Yanks have one of the most celebrated slap hitters in the history of the game who is "great" only to Yankee homers. Batting .216 with RISP is almost laughable for a guy known as "Mr. Clutch." AND MAKES $19 MILLION DOLLARS. I always ask, and no one answers, if Derek Jeter played in Kansas City, would anyone know who he is?

Mets: Have one the most electrifying young players in the GAME at shortstop. His range and speed makes Jeter look like a statue. He has learned how to stay healthy, and is developing more and more plate discipline as the season goes on. Reyes will be among the top five SS's in the game in two years. Jeter isn't there NOW.

Third Base:

Yanks: An anonymous scout when asked recently if ARod had a chance to hit 70 homers this season replied "Absolutely not. When the heat is on ARod will STOP hitting and Jeter will start hitting." Good for Jeter, bad for ARod. He is this generation's Danny Tartabull and a league-wide punchline. And he makes $20+ mil.

Mets: David Wright is a terrific young player who is only getting better. He is brilliant at the plate already, drawing comparisons to Mike Schmidt, but his reputed good glove has been very inconsistent. Makes pennies.

Catcher:

Yanks: Jorge Posada. AHhahaAHAHAhaHAHAhaAHAHAa.

Mets: Mike Piazza. OK, it's a wash.

Humiliation Factor: Even.

Outfield:

Yanks: Gary Sheffield puts up nice numbers but absolutely choked in the ALCS last year and his recent tirade about being traded ran non-stop on ESPN for a week. A national embarrassment. Makes $14 mil. Awesome. Bernie Williams has looked like a corpse in centerfield, resulting in the amusing experiment by genius Joe Torre of putting Matsui in center and Tony Womack in left. It's been a clusterfu*k. Matsui is a ballplayer's ballplayer and a rare source of pride for Yankee fans.

Mets: Carlos Beltran got a huge deal to come to the Mets and has not delivered at the dish. He has always been a streaky hitter, however, and can jump his average 30 points in the course of two weeks at any moment. Mike Cameron came back from injury and has been priceless for the Mets. His ultimate value will be as a highly valued trade chip in an upcoming deal for stud young players. Say what you will about his average, Cameron is an elite defensive center fielder with pop. Some contender will bite. And Cliff Floyd will be an MVP candidate if the Mets can get it together and make a push in the second half.

Pitching Staff:

Yanks: Randy Johnson has been pitiful but Yankee honks wet their pants when he pitched a decent game against the Orioles on three days rest. Awesome. Mike Mussina has always been a "nice" pitcher with no guts. Chien Ming Wang has been a surprise who has bailed the Yanks out. Jaret Wright looks pretty in a suit. Mariano Rivera has been great, but Tom Gordon sucks. And Mike Stanton? Please.

Mets: Tom Glavine sucks and I want him anywhere but on the Mets. His whining crybaby act makes me homicidal. BUT, Pedro has been GOLDEN and a superstar. Steve Trachsel is on his way back from the injured list, which is good because he's a decent pitcher but sucks because he takes 4 hours to finish a game. Braden Looper has been inconsistent at best.

Humiliation Factor: That the Yankees have 5 starters all making over $10 mil per is a disgrace: YANKS

Manager:

Yanks: Joe Torre looks like his mind is in Aruba already. Retire, Joe. Managing was really easy when he had former All-Stars coming off the bench to pinch hit, but those guys are gone now and Joe has looked very average.

Mets: Willie has been shoddy. There is no two ways around it. For a guy who has been around baseball as long as Willie has, he makes some brain-dead decisions that really make you scratch your head.

Humiation Factor: Mets

Dude some of the funniest stuff you have EVER written. Especially the stuff about Reyes being one the most electrfying players in the game. Who is he "The Rock" ?

Cameron bargaining chip ? The guy in his last 60 some odd at bats has struck out like 30 times.

Beltran: About as big a disspointment as Randy "Get out of my face with that camera" Johnson".

Dude some of the funniest stuff you have EVER written. Especially the stuff about Reyes being one the most electrfying players in the game. Who is he "The Rock" ?

While Reyes is most certainly putting up sub-par numbers in terms of BA and OBP and has had trouble making routine plays, he has been nothing short of electric.

Reyes is always a threat for a triple (he leads the majors in that category, if I'm not mistaken) or a stolen base. And as we know, there is nothing more exciting than a hitter legging out a triple or stealing a base. It has also been found that Reyes is one of the fastest baserunners in the game.

Not only that, but defensively, Reyes has a terrific arm and great natural reflexes. Result? Some incredible defensive plays that occasionally cancel out the errors.

Sure, Reyes, is most definitely a work in progress. But he's only 22, and he has managed to stay healthy this season (a great sign). Everything he needs to do to improve his game can be taught. If he learns how to work the count and maintains focus defensively, he definitely has the skill to make him one of the top SS's in the game.

For now, however, the word "electrifying" is absolutely a great word to define Jose Reyes. And by the way, he only makes $300,000!!!

While Reyes is most certainly putting up sub-par numbers in terms of BA and OBP and has had trouble making routine plays, he has been nothing short of electric.

Reyes is always a threat for a triple (he leads the majors in that category, if I'm not mistaken) or a stolen base. And as we know, there is nothing more exciting than a hitter legging out a triple or stealing a base. It has also been found that Reyes is one of the fastest baserunners in the game.

Not only that, but defensively, Reyes has a terrific arm and great natural reflexes. Result? Some incredible defensive plays that occasionally cancel out the errors.

Sure, Reyes, is most definitely a work in progress. But he's only 22, and he has managed to stay healthy this season (a great sign). Everything he needs to do to improve his game can be taught. If he learns how to work the count and maintains focus defensively, he definitely has the skill to make him one of the top SS's in the game.

For now, however, the word "electrifying" is absolutely a great word to define Jose Reyes. And by the way, he only makes $300,000!!!

You covered it all right there. It is great that he has stayed healthy all year. The Mets are finally getting to see what a full year of Reyes can mean.

He still has alot to learn before he enters The Jeter class (Which is a notch below Tejeda)but the POTENTIAL is there. If and when that potential is realized watch the pricetag jump from 300,000 to around 8, 9 million. Then I think we will all see how much the Mets love Reyes.

Carlos Beltran:

9 HR

41 RBI

Is he deserving of even a considerable mention for the All-Star Game, let alone a starter? No, but the voting sucks, Andruw Jones is 10x the player that Beltran has been this season. Beltran was voted in becasue of Mets fans and us AL fans wanting the sh*ttiest NL centerfielder we can think of, or just biggest BUST from the MLB off-season, Randy Johnson is 2nd, Beltran is 1st.

Beltran Sucks

and so do the 42-42 LAST PLACE Mets.

$130 million dollars of waste.

Jose Reyes is NOT better then Derek Jeter. The only thing Reyes can do better is steal bases, he has more speed, THATS IT. Lets see Jose Reyes hit walkoff Homeruns against their rivals and in the World Series and playoffs, oh sh*t, well we never will because the Mets will never get there.

Jose Reyes is NOT better then Derek Jeter. The only thing Reyes can do better is steal bases, he has more speed, THATS IT.

Reyes has better gap-hitting abilities, a better throwing arm, and better range too. Plus, he's only 22 years old.

No one is saying Reyes is better than Jeter. And obviously, he does not have the body of work that Jeter has, since he's never played a full season.

All that is being said is that Reyes has potential to be better than Jeter. That can't be disputed.

What makes this all even more laughable is this:

Pedro Martinez is the only player on the Mets deserving of All-Star consideration and the only player who I would trade for, maybe David Wright but time will tell with him if he can improve a little more.

That being said, I'd still take 5 NL pitchers over Pedro Martinez, and most aside from homer Mets fans would! Here are my 5:

Dontrelle Willis - THE BEST PITCHER IN THE NL, PERIOD.

Roy Oswalt - young and nasty

Jake Peavy - young phenom

Roger Clemens - Look at the ERA and he would have double digit wins if there was hitting in Houston

Livan Hernandez

Pedro Martinez is the only player on the Mets deserving of All-Star consideration and the only player who I would trade for, maybe David Wright but time will tell with him if he can improve a little more.

That being said, I'd still take 5 NL pitchers over Pedro Martinez, and most aside from homer Mets fans would! Here are my 5:

Roger Clemens - Look at the ERA and he would have double digit wins if there was hitting in Houston

Livan Hernandez

Don't let your Met hating get in the way of the fact that Mets fans on this board have a reasonable perspective of the team. We know it is not a playoff-caliber team, we just wanted a reason to watch the games this season, and so far, that has come true.

No doubt Pedro is not the best pitcher in the NL. But he's one of the best pitchers in the division, the best pitcher in NY, and he's shown no signs of breaking down just yet. And for that, we are grateful. He is most certainly earning his paycheck so far.

Livan Hernandez

Hey man...

Vote for Pedro.

nd4c.jpg

Don't let your Met hating get in the way of the fact that Mets fans on this board have a reasonable perspective of the team. We know it is not a playoff-caliber team, we just wanted a reason to watch the games this season, and so far, that has come true.

No doubt Pedro is not the best pitcher in the NL. But he's one of the best pitchers in the division, the best pitcher in NY, and he's shown no signs of breaking down just yet. And for that, we are grateful. He is most certainly earning his paycheck so far.

Like the way you let your Yankee hating get in the way ? :D

Pedro has been a real nice surprise for the Mets. I don't know if you thought Pedro would put up the numbers he has but I sure didn't. He has done a good job and has earned every cent. (Especially in attendence).

Archived