Sign in to follow this  

Yes, those wonderful Mets are...

Yep, the Mets are horrible. So what does that make the Yankees? We smoked your asses in your own house, the place where the Mets have NEVER WON BEFORE!!

Since when does a 4-game win streak turn a down-trodden, suicidal group of fairweather fans into grown men who all of a sudden are fighting to ball-wash each other and the Yankees?

Lest we forget, these are the same Yankees who continually follow up win-streaks with losing-streaks. Or do I have to remind you? Did not the ROYALS, DEVIL RAYS and BREWERS own you this season? Have you not realized that the Yankees CANNOT BEAT the teams they NEED to beat?

Yeah, sure. You "sweep" a 2-game set with the O's, and all of a sudden it's time to bash the Mets, who happen to be just 4.5 games back of the wild card and are in the toughest division in the game. You sound real smart right now. :roll:

pathetic as the yankees have been, they appear to have finally righted the ship.

the mets and their huge payroll are 10 games back of a team with a $50M payroll 1 year removed from the worst record in baseball.

Hey, what can I say. The Mets are struggling big time, and at the wrong time to be doing it.

But don't knock the Nationals. That team, especially in the post-steroids era, can flat out ball.

Dude some of the funniest stuff you have EVER written. Especially the stuff about Reyes being one the most electrfying players in the game. Who is he "The Rock" ?

While Reyes is most certainly putting up sub-par numbers in terms of BA and OBP and has had trouble making routine plays, he has been nothing short of electric.

Reyes is always a threat for a triple (he leads the majors in that category, if I'm not mistaken) or a stolen base. And as we know, there is nothing more exciting than a hitter legging out a triple or stealing a base. It has also been found that Reyes is one of the fastest baserunners in the game.

Not only that, but defensively, Reyes has a terrific arm and great natural reflexes. Result? Some incredible defensive plays that occasionally cancel out the errors.

Sure, Reyes, is most definitely a work in progress. But he's only 22, and he has managed to stay healthy this season (a great sign). Everything he needs to do to improve his game can be taught. If he learns how to work the count and maintains focus defensively, he definitely has the skill to make him one of the top SS's in the game.

For now, however, the word "electrifying" is absolutely a great word to define Jose Reyes. And by the way, he only makes $300,000!!!

Nobody knows who Jose Reyes is beside Met fans.

Nobody except the people who see him on sportscenter nearly every night hitting a triple or making a terrific defensive play. :roll:

which makes him better than Jeter, correct?

It makes him more cost-efficient and more electrifying than Jeter, yes.

Better? Hell no.

Jose Reyes is NOT better then Derek Jeter. The only thing Reyes can do better is steal bases, he has more speed, THATS IT.

Reyes has better gap-hitting abilities, a better throwing arm, and better range too. Plus, he's only 22 years old.

No one is saying Reyes is better than Jeter. And obviously, he does not have the body of work that Jeter has, since he's never played a full season.

All that is being said is that Reyes has potential to be better than Jeter. That can't be disputed.

What makes this all even more laughable is this:

Pedro Martinez is the only player on the Mets deserving of All-Star consideration and the only player who I would trade for, maybe David Wright but time will tell with him if he can improve a little more.

That being said, I'd still take 5 NL pitchers over Pedro Martinez, and most aside from homer Mets fans would! Here are my 5:

Dontrelle Willis - THE BEST PITCHER IN THE NL, PERIOD.

Roy Oswalt - young and nasty

Jake Peavy - young phenom

Roger Clemens - Look at the ERA and he would have double digit wins if there was hitting in Houston

Livan Hernandez

Don't let your Met hating get in the way of the fact that Mets fans on this board have a reasonable perspective of the team. We know it is not a playoff-caliber team, we just wanted a reason to watch the games this season, and so far, that has come true.

No doubt Pedro is not the best pitcher in the NL. But he's one of the best pitchers in the division, the best pitcher in NY, and he's shown no signs of breaking down just yet. And for that, we are grateful. He is most certainly earning his paycheck so far.

Like the way you let your Yankee hating get in the way ? :D

My Yankee hating is due to posts by people like 124, who make outlandish predictions about their own Yankees, disappear when their team sucks, then come back to talk sh*t about teams they shouldn't care about!

Well you can thank your buddy JBF for that. He is known for exactly what you just described. Not only here but at JI.

Thing is, JBF is always here. True, he may not show up AS OFTEN on days when, say, the Red Sox lose and the Yankees win. But as I recall, this board was BARREN when the Yankees were on their cold stretch. I'm talking about DEAD SILENCE, except for a select few Yankee fans who talked about how bad the team was.

But whatever. The excessive Mets hatred from Yankee fans is really uncalled for. The team just took 3 of 4 from the Nats, almost swept the Yankees in their own house last time the 2 teams met, and besides that, the Mets fans on this board are a pretty reasonable, albeit small, group.

Do not take shots on me when I am always here.

Then don't create innane threads like these!! Worry about your own sh*tty team.

Yes but my somewhat sh*tty team is better then your sh*tty team. =D> :wink:

Agreed, for now. However, keep this in mind:

1) Mets tied the season series with the Yankees

2) The Mets play in the toughest division in the game

3) The Yankees are the most inconsistent team in the game

Therefore, I would say the Mets are no worse off, especially with a payroll that is HALF as much as the Yankees.

Sign in to follow this  

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company