Sign in to follow this  

Yes, those wonderful Mets are...

if going 3-3 against the yankees is more important to you than making the playoffs, then congratulations =D>

You should know by now.

It doesn't matter if the Mets have the highest payroll in National League. As long as they finished third or fourth and split with the Yankees then they have had a good year.

Especially when you have the third highest payroll in MLB and the highest in the NL.

Agreed Faba

The Yanks first half has been nothing short of disgraceful in my opinion.

The thing that makes me laugh when I see people like JF80 and Mr. Shane go "Well I figure the Mets will finish third" or "This is a transitition year".

Do Met fans have zero expectations ?

Yes I do expect the Yankees to be in the playoffs every year. Anything less than that with that payroll now is a disgrace and they way they are built right now they probably won't win the World Series.

Boy how you have all fallen from the Arrogent trolls that rules the baseball world in the mid to late 80's.

Let's go position by position and see why the Yanks are a joke:

First Base:

Yanks: Jason Giambi was humiliated for being on steroids and is still owed $70 mil. Lately he's had a tiny resurgence and Yanks fans are absolutely giddy over it. Consider he's been here for two years now and you're hopping up and down because he hit two jacks vs. the Orioles. Most of you Yankee honks were ready to burn Giambi at the stake and were pathetically begging George to cut him and eat ONLY 68 mil. Jokes.

Mets: Doug Mentkiewicz. Makes what, $4 mil? Who gives a Sh#t. A total stopgap player who will be on the bench next season.

Humiliation Factor: Yanks

Second Base:

Yanks: Despite having a $200 million dollar roster, Yanks went into the season with no second baseman. Oh wait, you had Tony Womack. Yanks were bailed out by Robinson Cano. Congratulations.

Mets: Kaz Matsui. Enough said.

Humiliation Factor: Mets

Shortstop:

Yanks: The Yanks have one of the most celebrated slap hitters in the history of the game who is "great" only to Yankee homers. Batting .216 with RISP is almost laughable for a guy known as "Mr. Clutch." AND MAKES $19 MILLION DOLLARS. I always ask, and no one answers, if Derek Jeter played in Kansas City, would anyone know who he is?

Mets: Have one the most electrifying young players in the GAME at shortstop. His range and speed makes Jeter look like a statue. He has learned how to stay healthy, and is developing more and more plate discipline as the season goes on. Reyes will be among the top five SS's in the game in two years. Jeter isn't there NOW.

Third Base:

Yanks: An anonymous scout when asked recently if ARod had a chance to hit 70 homers this season replied "Absolutely not. When the heat is on ARod will STOP hitting and Jeter will start hitting." Good for Jeter, bad for ARod. He is this generation's Danny Tartabull and a league-wide punchline. And he makes $20+ mil.

Mets: David Wright is a terrific young player who is only getting better. He is brilliant at the plate already, drawing comparisons to Mike Schmidt, but his reputed good glove has been very inconsistent. Makes pennies.

Catcher:

Yanks: Jorge Posada. AHhahaAHAHAhaHAHAhaAHAHAa.

Mets: Mike Piazza. OK, it's a wash.

Humiliation Factor: Even.

Outfield:

Yanks: Gary Sheffield puts up nice numbers but absolutely choked in the ALCS last year and his recent tirade about being traded ran non-stop on ESPN for a week. A national embarrassment. Makes $14 mil. Awesome. Bernie Williams has looked like a corpse in centerfield, resulting in the amusing experiment by genius Joe Torre of putting Matsui in center and Tony Womack in left. It's been a clusterfu*k. Matsui is a ballplayer's ballplayer and a rare source of pride for Yankee fans.

Mets: Carlos Beltran got a huge deal to come to the Mets and has not delivered at the dish. He has always been a streaky hitter, however, and can jump his average 30 points in the course of two weeks at any moment. Mike Cameron came back from injury and has been priceless for the Mets. His ultimate value will be as a highly valued trade chip in an upcoming deal for stud young players. Say what you will about his average, Cameron is an elite defensive center fielder with pop. Some contender will bite. And Cliff Floyd will be an MVP candidate if the Mets can get it together and make a push in the second half.

Pitching Staff:

Yanks: Randy Johnson has been pitiful but Yankee honks wet their pants when he pitched a decent game against the Orioles on three days rest. Awesome. Mike Mussina has always been a "nice" pitcher with no guts. Chien Ming Wang has been a surprise who has bailed the Yanks out. Jaret Wright looks pretty in a suit. Mariano Rivera has been great, but Tom Gordon sucks. And Mike Stanton? Please.

Mets: Tom Glavine sucks and I want him anywhere but on the Mets. His whining crybaby act makes me homicidal. BUT, Pedro has been GOLDEN and a superstar. Steve Trachsel is on his way back from the injured list, which is good because he's a decent pitcher but sucks because he takes 4 hours to finish a game. Braden Looper has been inconsistent at best.

Humiliation Factor: That the Yankees have 5 starters all making over $10 mil per is a disgrace: YANKS

Manager:

Yanks: Joe Torre looks like his mind is in Aruba already. Retire, Joe. Managing was really easy when he had former All-Stars coming off the bench to pinch hit, but those guys are gone now and Joe has looked very average.

Mets: Willie has been shoddy. There is no two ways around it. For a guy who has been around baseball as long as Willie has, he makes some brain-dead decisions that really make you scratch your head.

Humiation Factor: Mets

Dude some of the funniest stuff you have EVER written. Especially the stuff about Reyes being one the most electrfying players in the game. Who is he "The Rock" ?

Cameron bargaining chip ? The guy in his last 60 some odd at bats has struck out like 30 times.

Beltran: About as big a disspointment as Randy "Get out of my face with that camera" Johnson".

While Reyes is most certainly putting up sub-par numbers in terms of BA and OBP and has had trouble making routine plays, he has been nothing short of electric.

Reyes is always a threat for a triple (he leads the majors in that category, if I'm not mistaken) or a stolen base. And as we know, there is nothing more exciting than a hitter legging out a triple or stealing a base. It has also been found that Reyes is one of the fastest baserunners in the game.

Not only that, but defensively, Reyes has a terrific arm and great natural reflexes. Result? Some incredible defensive plays that occasionally cancel out the errors.

Sure, Reyes, is most definitely a work in progress. But he's only 22, and he has managed to stay healthy this season (a great sign). Everything he needs to do to improve his game can be taught. If he learns how to work the count and maintains focus defensively, he definitely has the skill to make him one of the top SS's in the game.

For now, however, the word "electrifying" is absolutely a great word to define Jose Reyes. And by the way, he only makes $300,000!!!

You covered it all right there. It is great that he has stayed healthy all year. The Mets are finally getting to see what a full year of Reyes can mean.

He still has alot to learn before he enters The Jeter class (Which is a notch below Tejeda)but the POTENTIAL is there. If and when that potential is realized watch the pricetag jump from 300,000 to around 8, 9 million. Then I think we will all see how much the Mets love Reyes.

Don't let your Met hating get in the way of the fact that Mets fans on this board have a reasonable perspective of the team. We know it is not a playoff-caliber team, we just wanted a reason to watch the games this season, and so far, that has come true.

No doubt Pedro is not the best pitcher in the NL. But he's one of the best pitchers in the division, the best pitcher in NY, and he's shown no signs of breaking down just yet. And for that, we are grateful. He is most certainly earning his paycheck so far.

Like the way you let your Yankee hating get in the way ? :D

Pedro has been a real nice surprise for the Mets. I don't know if you thought Pedro would put up the numbers he has but I sure didn't. He has done a good job and has earned every cent. (Especially in attendence).

My Yankee hating is due to posts by people like 124, who make outlandish predictions about their own Yankees, disappear when their team sucks, then come back to talk Sh#t about teams they shouldn't care about!

Well you can thank your buddy JBF for that. He is known for exactly what you just described. Not only here but at JI.

When you read between the hate though he does make good points sometimes.

Oh well that's life.

Thing is, JBF is always here. True, he may not show up AS OFTEN on days when, say, the Red Sox lose and the Yankees win. But as I recall, this board was BARREN when the Yankees were on their cold stretch. I'm talking about DEAD SILENCE, except for a select few Yankee fans who talked about how bad the team was.

But whatever. The excessive Mets hatred from Yankee fans is really uncalled for. The team just took 3 of 4 from the Nats, almost swept the Yankees in their own house last time the 2 teams met, and besides that, the Mets fans on this board are a pretty reasonable, albeit small, group.

Well he is here more than JonE or GJ&H I'll give you that much. :lol::lol:

And you guys should be happy after taking 3 of 4 from the Nats. That is a good job. I don't know if the Nats are going to be there all season but the Mets did a good job going into DC and cooling them off some.

Now all the Mets have to do is good job against the Pirates and head into the all-star break with a little mo.

Yes but my somewhat sh*tty team is better then your sh*tty team. =D> :wink:

Dude you gonna out some DVD's. Let me know

Sign in to follow this  

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company