Clemens suing McNamee for defamation

AFJF

Who said you should use my eyes?

Feel free to state your own opinion. Doesn't mean I have to agree with it. Please allow others the same right.

yes, Ryan did pitch until 46. At decreasing effectiveness. Like every other "normal" human.

Nolan Ryan had improvements every year from when he was 38 until 40. He also had considerably better years from 41-42 and 43-44.

Nolan Ryan had improvements every year from when he was 38 until 40. He also had considerably better years from 41-42 and 43-44.

Nolan Ryan was an All-Star ONCE after the age of 35.

Roger Clemens was an All-Star FOUR times after age 35 and a Cy Young winner THREE times after 35.

Compared to their PEERS, Ryan was better before 35, Clemens after.

Steve Carlton, another famously conditioned athlete-downhill after 35.

Like the rest of the human race.

Nolan Ryan was an All-Star ONCE after the age of 35.

Roger Clemens was an All-Star FOUR times after age 35 and a Cy Young winner THREE times after 35.

Compared to their PEERS, Ryan was better before 35, Clemens after.

Steve Carlton, another famously conditioned athlete-downhill after 35.

Like the rest of the human race.

Carlton won 2 Cy Young Awards at ages 35 and 37. He should have won in 81as well if not for the country being wrapped in "Fernando Mania"

Ryan led the league (AL or NL) in strikeouts 4 straight years 87-90 and started that run at age 39.

Ryan's numbers though are always going to be a bit of wierd because he pitched on some real hidieous teams after the Astros run in 86.

My thoughts have always been if you are in that report or if you are being accused of this then you call a lawyer and sue these folks for every dime they are worth. Why haven't guys like Bonds, Tejada, Palmiero, Sosa or McGwire sued ? They have all the money in the world. Wouldn't you want to clear your name if it wasn't true ?

Clemens is one of three things right now

Delusional

Very smart,

or maybe he just didn't do it.

I will be very interested to see if Clemens acutally goes and testifies to Congress. Then it becomes a whole new ballgame because now if you do lie then you are in deeper crap then you started with. I don't think he will be getting the softball questions from a Mike Wallace or having press conferences set up to shed a good light on him. You can be pretty sure that Pettitte will be subpenoed as well as MacNamee and probably a bunch of other folks.

It is going to be very intersting to see how this plays out. Let me see Clemens go to congress and deny ever taking steroids then I will be impressed.

Carlton won 2 Cy Young Awards at ages 35 and 37. He should have won in 81as well if not for the country being wrapped in "Fernando Mania"

Ryan led the league (AL or NL) in strikeouts 4 straight years 87-90 and started that run at age 39.

Ryan's numbers though are always going to be a bit of wierd because he pitched on some real hidieous teams after the Astros run in 86.

My thoughts have always been if you are in that report or if you are being accused of this then you call a lawyer and sue these folks for every dime they are worth. Why haven't guys like Bonds, Tejada, Palmiero, Sosa or McGwire sued ? They have all the money in the world. Wouldn't you want to clear your name if it wasn't true ?

Clemens is one of three things right now

Delusional

Very smart,

or maybe he just didn't do it.

I will be very interested to see if Clemens acutally goes and testifies to Congress. Then it becomes a whole new ballgame because now if you do lie then you are in deeper crap then you started with. I don't think he will be getting the softball questions from a Mike Wallace or having press conferences set up to shed a good light on him. You can be pretty sure that Pettitte will be subpenoed as well as MacNamee and probably a bunch of other folks.

It is going to be very intersting to see how this plays out. Let me see Clemens go to congress and deny ever taking steroids then I will be impressed.

Thank you. The fact that Clemens more Cy Youngs and made more All Star games may speak more to the fact that Ryan was surrounded by worse teams or better pitchers that Clemens had in his league. I'm not positive, but there are many variables that can affect whether or not you're in an All Star game.

Also, you should be surprised that Clemens is suing. Not only is it extremely difficult to win a libel/slander case at all, but it's even more difficult for a public, celebrity figure like Clemens and any other ballplayers to win a case of this nature.

I don't have Nolan Ryans numbers during his later years. Is it possible he juiced. Sure it is. What I do know is that he was never implicated. Clemens on the other hand has been implicated, and the facts that we do have points to him being guilty. Looking at everything that has surfaced, I think he's guilty. The Pettite statements are damning. The fact that he has a trainer inject him with different substances is questionable. The fact that he says he did not know what was going on with the Mitchell report and then changing his story is suspect. The fact that he refuses to call "Juicers" cheaters makes you roll you eye. The fact that he'll inject all these substances in his body and yet he tells you he cares about his health and what he does to his body makes you wonder. The fact that he continually point to his own statistical achievements which has no relevance to the point, as evidence to him being innocent makes you laugh at him even more. The fact that he claims to be "SHOCKED" about Pettite when him and Pettite are close like brothers and Clemens being the one to have introduced McNamee to Pettitte makes him hard to believe. Is it theoretically possible that Clemens is innocent? Yes, that's possible. Is it probable, you'd be crazy to think it is.

Who taped this call? Who released this tape?

I wonder why Clemens and his attorneys have not released the tapes that they made when they sent their private investigators down to interview McNamee PRIOR to the Mitchell Reporth coming out?

I wonder why?

Of course, Roger claims that he knew NOTHING of his name being in the Mitchell Report until one day prior to its release. Oops.

McNamee, for all the dalliances that he has had in his life has been nothing but CONSISTENT in his remarks pertaining to Roger Clemens and his steroid use.

I will be very interested in what Roger Clemens testifies to in front of Congress.

Archived