Curt Schilling to the rescue!!!!!!!!!!!

Jet/BosoxFan

Who knows if this will work (I'm cynical by nature) but you just have to love the Red Sox FO's ability to think outside the box here. Schill can't give the Sox 7 innings, but he still has his split finger fast ball. This "hero" thing the Red Sox will promote will certainly appeal to his need for drama and the starring role. He loves pressure. He loves being the center of attention. He loves people going ga-ga over him. Once his teammates settle down (most are in Timlin's corner - as am I) and get okay with this - it very well could work out. We shall see.

Ya know, I remember another dramatic maneuver that left many in the baseball world scratching their heads. A three-way trade involving cornerstone Nomar Garciaparra being shipped to the hapless Cubbies for Doug Man-cave-itch and my brutha from another mutha, O-to-the-C!!!

It took a little time for it to all sink in...end result: clubhouse cancer gone, no more shoddy defense, Bambino Curse.....REVERSED!!!

Schilling-to-the-pen is simply this year's installment of Theo brazenly righting the ship!

More of a Belichick-type of move, Garb. I'd think you'd be on board. Hey, I wonder what Little Bill thinks of this anyway???

Ya know, I remember another dramatic maneuver that left many in the baseball world scratching their heads. A three-way trade involving cornerstone Nomar Garciaparra being shipped to the hapless Cubbies for Doug Man-cave-itch and my brutha from another mutha, O-to-the-C!!!

It took a little time for it to all sink in...end result: clubhouse cancer gone, no more shoddy defense, Bambino Curse.....REVERSED!!!

Schilling-to-the-pen is simply this year's installment of Theo brazenly righting the ship!

More of a Belichick-type of move, Garb. I'd think you'd be on board. Hey, I wonder what Little Bill thinks of this anyway???

That's BIG Bill, buddy. Belichick plays second fiddle to NO ONE.

I'll be on board with this as soon as I see that Schill's teammates are. They are all talkin' the Timlin loyalty talk....which will stop as soon as this proves effective. So, when will this "experiment" start? Right after the All-star game? In time for the Big Stage which is a Yanks/Sox series in Fenway. You just HAVE to know that's when John Wayne will come riding in on his horse to save the day and the crowd will go BONKERS.

Not anymore it doesnt!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Red Sox Nation thanks you, JonEJinx, for helping out!

And as I type this, I am hearing Harold Reynolds (the only knowledgeable human being receiving a paycheck from ESPN not named Peter Gammons) say "there are suddenly alot of terrified hitters in the AL after hearing this news" on Baseball Tonight.

Plus now we got JonE thinking this is a bad idea!!! This is really shaping up quite nicely

Quite nicely indeed =D>=D>=D>=D>=D>

Not anymore it doesnt!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Red Sox Nation thanks you, JonEJinx, for helping out!

And as I type this, I am hearing Harold Reynolds (the only knowledgeable human being receiving a paycheck from ESPN not named Peter Gammons) say "there are suddenly alot of terrified hitters in the AL after hearing this news" on Baseball Tonight.

Plus now we got JonE thinking this is a bad idea!!! This is really shaping up quite nicely

• 3 weeks later...

bump.

Hmmm...Big Schill closes out another one and the Sox pick up another game. I bet a good many of you would have been happy to see this thread disappear. Dont worry...if the Jets cant get Ty Law signed, Bradway will probably look on this thread and hire one of you considering all the backtracking that has gone on in here.

Erm, hasn't he saved 8 out of 9???? That's not too shabby.

Can you tell me what happened in that one blown save?

And from what I've seen, his saves have certainly been a bit shaky. I really hope we get to face Schill at some point in a big spot. It would be nice to see that dumb POS cry again.

Can you tell me what happened in that one blown save?

And from what I've seen, his saves have certainly been a bit shaky. I really hope we get to face Schill at some point in a big spot. It would be nice to see that dumb POS cry again.

Can you tell me what happened in the blow saves Mario had at the beginning of the year? :roll:

After a shaky start as a closer, in his last 6 appearances Schil has 6 saves and has allowed one run.

If Foulke was that consistent, the Sox would lead the Division by 10-15 games.

The more important stat is what Schil's ERA as a starter vs closer? That is 8.15 vs 3.45. Opponents BA? .372 vs .220. Over the last 7 days his ERA is 2.25 and opponents are hitting .077.

Schil is bailing the Sox out of a bad situation. Unlike Foulke, he has a fastball he can fall back on and can probably go 3-4 innings for a save if needed.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived