Matsui

.317 BA 13 HR 65 RBIs

Jeter

.308 BA 10 HR 35 RBI

Podsednik

.285 BA

NO HOME RUNS

17 LONELY RBIS

THOSE ARE FRICKING NUMBERS FOR A BACKUP CATCHER IN THE NATIONAL LEAGUE.

This is why fans should not have a say in the all-star game. What a damn joke.

PEOPLE...........ARE DUMBASSES.

Especially Managers who plead in the papers for fans to vote for their players.

Ozzie Guillen: "vote for scott, we need him in the ASG, vote vote vote"

STUPID JACKASS!! :evil:

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Barton, if Podsednik was on the Yankees they'd be 15 games over .500. The guy is hell on the basepaths. Think of all the games the Yanks lost because they had to go station to station because they have no speed on their team.

podsednik leads the league in stolen bases, hes got a right to be there, he'll probably be used as a pinch runner late in the game

besides, maybe Jeter needs something to motivate him and this could be it. Jeters having a less than average season

Barton, if Podsednik was on the Yankees they'd be 15 games over .500. The guy is hell on the basepaths. Think of all the games the Yanks lost because they had to go station to station because they have no speed on their team.

shut up stinky. Podsednik BLOWS HAIR MONKET sh*t!!

Seriously though, Jeters OBP is sick, just sick.

See, the problem here is that Podsednik, Jeter and Matsui all deserved it. Jeter is having a typical Jeter year and leads the league in runs. Matsui is on pace for 130 RBIs and is hitting .317. Podsednik is a spark plug who is going to steal 80 bases.

Matsui stole some of Jeter's votes from Yankee fans, so I expected Podsednik to win it anyway.

See, the problem here is that Podsednik, Jeter and Matsui all deserved it. Jeter is having a typical Jeter year and leads the league in runs. Matsui is on pace for 130 RBIs and is hitting .317. Podsednik is a spark plug who is going to steal 80 bases.

Matsui stole some of Jeter's votes from Yankee fans, so I expected Podsednik to win it anyway.

Seriously. That pissed me off as well. Having 2 great Yankees on the list was a cause for trouble. If it was just Jeter on the list, he would have won hands down. As would have matsui.

Did we also mention that people nationwide just love the fact that the Yankees suck now? I think that factor can't be underestimated.

Do you hear that?

Do you smell that?

Do you see it?

The Yankees are coming The Yankees are coming!!!

If any NY player has a gripe it's Cliff Floyd.

You don't see Met fans whining about that though.

Ya damn right you don't. Because they have no right to whine about it when beltran and piazza are on the team. :shock:

Ya damn right you don't. Because they have no right to whine about it when beltran and piazza are on the team. :shock:

For what it's worth, Beltran was almost apologetic about being selected and spent 3/4 of his presser saying how much Floyd deserved it over him.

I'm a Yankee fan, and I think Matsui deserves it. And when someone gets hurt this week, he'll get on.

But a great leadoff hitter-what Tony Womack is not-is worth a bunch for a good team. Runs, steals, getting on base-is of much greater value than you might think. dave Roberts ring a nasty bell? The Yankees would kill to have a disruptive guy like Podsednik at the top of the order(and I bet a Tampa shipping magnate who turned 75 this week is wondering how his baseball people allowed Podsednik to escape from the Brewers without a sniff by his crack baseball committee). And if they did, they'd be on top of the division. The Yankees haven't really had a classic leadoff guy since Knoblauch went whack job, and it's hurt them. And as such, there isn't a problem with Podsednik getting this spot; he earned it.

EB, to the victors come the spoils. In this case, White Sox have by far the best record in baseball. With that comes getting several players in the all-star game, because they've all contributed to making them the best team in baseball. The Yanks are usually in teh same position for the past several years and you guys usually put in about 5-6 players, so I don't understand what your b****ing about. Guys get screwed over and dont get picked all the time for the all star game. It happens. The majority of baseball fans are too ignorant to vote for someone because they actually deserved it, as opposed to voting for a guy either because of name recognition or because of hometown loyalty. You can't honestly tell me you've never filled out an all-star ballot and didn't have every yankee selection possible written in.

Like i said, people get snubbed all the time. Jeremy Bonderman deserves to be in the game just as much as any other pitcher there, but because he got rocked in one game that skyrocketed his ERA and because of name recognition for other players, he'll probably have to wait at least one more year. I'm not going t sit here and moan about it because what's that going to acoomplish? The kid's going to be in a helluva lot more all star games in future years.

Cry me a river. This kind of crap has happened for years and usually the yanks have made out because of it. I know when Torre was picking his team there was never a shortage of yanks on there. Heck I think even Jeff Nelson made the list one year.

One word to describe Scott Podsednick winning the final vote?

How 'bout ORGASMIC!!!

How many times was Michael Jordan left off the NBA all star team? How many times was Gretzky left out of whatever the hell the NHL does for an all star game? How many times would Lance Armstrong not be asked to show up for an all star game of cycling? Can we please stop making these ridiculous refernces like Jetes belongs anywhere near those other dudesin conversation???

Yankee fans crying because their binky didn't get selected to the all-star team is hilarious. Year after year Torre has brought his own borderline players to the game at the expense of other, better players. Without so much as an apology. Nelson? Vasquez? The list goes on.

This smacks of just desserts. The entire country has spoken, not just RSN.

Well said, JBF! Jeter will probably get in the Hall, but I guarantee he doesn't get in on the first vote. Five years from now people will look at his stats and compare him to Phil Rizzuto.

WOW :shock:

What was rizzuto? a career .269 hitter, and you're gonna compare him to Jeter?

Maybe jose reyes, but that guy can't even sniff .270

Yes, the fans have spoken...we have determined that this game is far too important to have some overrated slappy taking up a precious roster spot as Fenway homefield advantage in the WS is at stake again!

The last guy I want to see up at the plate with 2 outs in the 9th is Jetes! Perish the thought!!!

Well said, JBF! Jeter will probably get in the Hall, but I guarantee he doesn't get in on the first vote. Five years from now people will look at his stats and compare him to Phil Rizzuto.

:lol: jeter hits .315 when the league average is .269

rizzuto was a .273 hitter when the league average was .266

=D> nice comparrison tom

:lol: jeter hits .315 when the league average is .269

rizzuto was a .273 hitter when the league average was .266

=D> nice comparrison tom

Not only that, but Rizzuto was a team leader and he could actually field his position. But by all means, don't let that get in the way of more Jeter ball-washing. :roll:

Not only that, but Rizzuto was a team leader and he could actually field his position. But by all means, don't let that get in the way of more Jeter ball-washing. :roll:

Jeter won a gold glove and is the captain of the yankees.

But by all means, don't let the facts get in the way of your Jeter bashing. :roll::roll::roll:

Jeter won a gold glove and is the captain of the yankees.

But by all means, don't let the facts get in the way of your Jeter bashing. :roll::roll::roll:

Oh please, that was a pure PR move and you know it.

And we all know how accurate the Gold Glove Award is in determining the best defensive players in baseball. :roll:

Oh please, that was a pure PR move and you know it.

And we all know how accurate the Gold Glove Award is in determining the best defensive players in baseball. :roll:

Riiiiight.

A PR move that took 10 years to finish.

Face the facts, Jeters a great fielder.

How many gold glove awards aren't warranted for infielders (aside from Renterias botchy defense/low fielding percentage). Palmeiro, Tino those guys were worthy of winning the gold glove. Scott Rolen I think he won it, and he's great. So was Vizquel, Arod, Roberto Alomar etc etc.

If any NY player has a gripe it's Cliff Floyd.

You don't see Met fans whining about that though.

...Cliff for the All Star Team!!...thats why I voted for Torii Hunter for that last spot. Jeter, Matsui, or Posednik didnt deserve it IMO.

For years Torre has brought his Yankees on to the team instead of other more deserving players...why? Because he is the YANKEE manager. Now, they are no longer top dog...and matsui and jeter get snubbed...

TOO F'ING BAD!

Yanks have been well represented in the past...Jeter won't lose his HOF votes because of a one year absence...

LL

Attention to all worriers -relax a little - it is a meaningless all star game - home field advantage is a joke - should be rotated every year like it was before,

The better team will win regardless in the World Series what team has a extra game

One word to describe Scott Podsednick winning the final vote?

How 'bout ORGASMIC!!!

How many times was Michael Jordan left off the NBA all star team? How many times was Gretzky left out of whatever the hell the NHL does for an all star game? How many times would Lance Armstrong not be asked to show up for an all star game of cycling? Can we please stop making these ridiculous refernces like Jetes belongs anywhere near those other dudesin conversation???

Well said! I can't believe I'm agreeing with JBF< but I am.

Podsednik, what a joke.

Podsednik resume:

1) leadoff hitter for the best team in baseball

2) leads majors in SB's

3) solid fielder with a nifty arm

Jeter resume:

1) leadoff hitter for a 3rd-4th place team that has been wildly inconsistent

2) at times playing like chicken with head cut off defensively

3) clearly overrated for his "leadership". He couldn't motivate Rob Reiner to eat a Snickers bar.

Podsednik, what a joke.

Podsednik resume:

2) leads majors in SB's

Jeter resume:

3) clearly overrated for his "leadership". He couldn't motivate Rob Reiner to eat a Snickers bar.

Podsednik resume:

2) leads majors in SB's

Jeter resume:

Do you know how stupid you sound?

Derek Jeter

Jeter has .393 OBP, Podsednik .369 OBP

Jeter leads MLB in runs scored

Has 11 home runs, Podsednik has none

Best base runner in MLB

Gold Glove SS

Hitting .310 while Podsednik is below .300

Has 37 rbis, Podsednik has 17 rbis

Jeter has .452 slugging %, Podsednik has .344 slugging %

Jeter has .844 OPS, Podsednik has .713 OPS

=;

Feel free to drink a big glass of shut the f*** up.

And this "3rd-4th place team" is about to take over 1st place in the tuffest division in the AL.

Archived