Barton

Podsednik resume:

1) leadoff hitter for the best team in baseball

2) leads majors in SB's

3) solid fielder with a nifty arm

Jeter resume:

1) leadoff hitter for a 3rd-4th place team that has been wildly inconsistent

2) at times playing like chicken with head cut off defensively

3) clearly overrated for his "leadership". He couldn't motivate Rob Reiner to eat a Snickers bar.

Do you know how stupid you sound?

Derek Jeter

Jeter has .393 OBP, Podsednik .369 OBP

Jeter leads MLB in runs scored

Has 11 home runs, Podsednik has none

Best base runner in MLB

Gold Glove SS

Hitting .310 while Podsednik is below .300

Has 37 rbis, Podsednik has 17 rbis

Jeter has .452 slugging %, Podsednik has .344 slugging %

Jeter has .844 OPS, Podsednik has .713 OPS

=;

Feel free to drink a big glass of shut the f*** up.

And this "3rd-4th place team" is about to take over 1st place in the tuffest division in the AL.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Derek Jeter

Best base runner in MLB

Gold Glove SS

=;

And this "3rd-4th place team" is about to take over 1st place in the tuffest division in the AL.

1) It's easy for Jeter to score runs in front of Alex Rodriguez, Gary Sheffield, and Hideki Matsui (or have we forgotten this Yankee lineup is or is supposed to be a "juggernaut"?). The White Sox play small ball and depend on pitching.

2) where do you get the idea that Derek Jeter is baseball's best base runner? Does the fact that Podsednik may just steal more bases this season than anyone since Rickey Henderson mean ANYTHING to you? And how many times have you seen Podsednik to know anything about HIS base-running capabilities, anyways?

3) The Gold Glove award requirements: hype, a few flashy plays a season, and your team to have a good TV deal. Check, check, check for Jeter. None of the above for Podsednik. Remember "AND JETER FLIES INTO THE STANDS!!!"? That was heard enough to make even Yankee fans puke.

4) RBI's depend on your teammates, jackass. The White Sox play a different style of game, and Podsednik isn't up there to drive in runs. He's trying to set the table.

5) OPS and HR's would matter in this discussion if it mattered at all to you what I said previously. If Podsednik TRIED to hit homeruns, he does have decent enough power to do so, but he doesn't try to because what he has done this season has worked for the White Sox: simply get to 1st and let the chips fall where they may.

Derek Jeter

Best base runner in MLB

Gold Glove SS

=;

1) It's easy for Jeter to score runs in front of Alex Rodriguez, Gary Sheffield, and Hideki Matsui (or have we forgotten this Yankee lineup is or is supposed to be a "juggernaut"?). The White Sox play small ball and depend on pitching.

2) where do you get the idea that Derek Jeter is baseball's best base runner? Does the fact that Podsednik may just steal more bases this season than anyone since Rickey Henderson mean ANYTHING to you? And how many times have you seen Podsednik to know anything about HIS base-running capabilities, anyways?

3) The Gold Glove award requirements: hype, a few flashy plays a season, and your team to have a good TV deal. Check, check, check for Jeter. None of the above for Podsednik. Remember "AND JETER FLIES INTO THE STANDS!!!"? That was heard enough to make even Yankee fans puke.

4) RBI's depend on your teammates, jackass. The White Sox play a different style of game, and Podsednik isn't up there to drive in runs. He's trying to set the table.

5) OPS and HR's would matter in this discussion if it mattered at all to you what I said previously. If Podsednik TRIED to hit homeruns, he does have decent enough power to do so, but he doesn't try to because what he has done this season has worked for the White Sox: simply get to 1st and let the chips fall where they may.

So what are you saying?

That Podsednik is a better ballplayer than Jeter?

Is that what you're saying?

I'm saying that Podsednik deserves to be an all-star. Whether Jeter does or doesn't makes no difference to me. Jeter has been in it enough, I'm sure he isn't crying himself to sleep over it.

So what are you saying?

That Podsednik is a better ballplayer than Jeter?

Is that what you're saying?

I'm saying that Podsednik deserves to be an all-star. Whether Jeter does or doesn't makes no difference to me. Jeter has been in it enough, I'm sure he isn't crying himself to sleep over it.

Let's call it like it is, shall we?

The White Sox conducted a massive lobbying campaign for their guy, and the Yankees don't do that because frankly it is beneath them ... bush league move for STC's {Small Time Charlie's}

That's why their guy is in the ASG and Jeter is not

Jeter was leading all the way until the White Sox put on the full court press the last few days

Anything else is alotta hooey

The White Sox conducted a massive lobbying campaign for their guy, and the Yankees don't do that because frankly it is beneath them ... bush league move for STC's {Small Time Charlie's}

Jeter was leading all the way until the White Sox put on the full court press the last few days

Do you think that Podsednik was more deserving than Jeter??

Do you think that Podsednik was more deserving than Jeter??

Honestly I think both deserve spots. But I find it humorous you Yankee fans are whining about it.

THE REAL TRUTH IS ... Matsui was more deserving than both of them

MATSUI

======

BA .320

OBP .384

SLG .530

HITS 105

HR 14

2B 25

RBI 70

RS 60

NOT TO MENTION ... he is currently riding a streak of 36 consecutive games on base, a MLB high in 2005

And you wanna see a few of his numbers since May 7th, following a rough {for Matsui} first month?

TRY THIS

========

BA .370 {.436 over his last 103 AB's}

HR 11

RBI 49

2B 20

Anyhow, that's the Guy who Got Jobbed here ... even more than Jeter

JETER

=====

BA .308

OBP .393

SLG .452

HITS 105

HR 11

2B 12

RBI 37

RS 69

SB 10

PODSEDNIK

=========

BA .294

OBP .369

SLG .344

HITS 83

HR 0

2B 14

RBI 17

RS 50

SB 44

I mean, common ... let's be real ... should either of these cats have made the AST ahead of Matsui? :roll:

Matsui is not even a leadoff hitter {mostly 4 or 5} and he has no real speed to speak of, yet he beats Podsednik {by double-digits} in not only the offensive categories you would expect, but in doubles and runs scored as well!!

And in every other category {except SB's} he absolutely blows his doors off

This is not even close ... if you're going by the numbers, Matsui is a slam-dunk over Pod and Jeter

But hey, I'm glad he got bum-rushed ... gives him more time to rest that ankle for the second half so he can do even more damage :wink:

Honestly I think both deserve spots. But I find it humorous you Yankee fans are whining about it.

THE REAL TRUTH IS ... Matsui was more deserving than both of them

MATSUI

======

BA .320

OBP .384

SLG .530

HITS 105

HR 14

2B 25

RBI 70

RS 60

NOT TO MENTION ... he is currently riding a streak of 36 consecutive games on base, a MLB high in 2005

And you wanna see a few of his numbers since May 7th, following a rough {for Matsui} first month?

TRY THIS

========

BA .370 {.436 over his last 103 AB's}

HR 11

RBI 49

2B 20

Anyhow, that's the Guy who Got Jobbed here ... even more than Jeter

JETER

=====

BA .308

OBP .393

SLG .452

HITS 105

HR 11

2B 12

RBI 37

RS 69

SB 10

PODSEDNIK

=========

BA .294

OBP .369

SLG .344

HITS 83

HR 0

2B 14

RBI 17

RS 50

SB 44

I mean, common ... let's be real ... should either of these cats have made the AST ahead of Matsui? :roll:

Matsui is not even a leadoff hitter {mostly 4 or 5} and he has no real speed to speak of, yet he beats Podsednik {by double-digits} in not only the offensive categories you would expect, but in doubles and runs scored as well!!

And in every other category {except SB's} he absolutely blows his doors off

This is not even close ... if you're going by the numbers, Matsui is a slam-dunk over Pod and Jeter

But hey, I'm glad he got bum-rushed ... gives him more time to rest that ankle for the second half so he can do even more damage :wink:

Especially after all of the borderline Yankees Torre took over the years.

If not for that...Jetes would have possibly been like a 2-time all star. Anyone remember the year Torre took 5 shortstops? Jetes was relegated to the role of 6th inning pinch hitter.

My guess: he hit a 2-out single!

Especially after all of the borderline Yankees Torre took over the years.

If not for that...Jetes would have possibly been like a 2-time all star. Anyone remember the year Torre took 5 shortstops? Jetes was relegated to the role of 6th inning pinch hitter.

My guess: he hit a 2-out single!

Who thinks if Posednik was a Yank we'd be hearing about how he's the best lead-off hitter sincy Rickey?

The intangibles, the spark he gives the team etc.

Jeter didn't get robbed.

Tejada

Young

Peralta all had better or similiar numbers.

Arod got murdered for not hitting with RISP last year yet you want Jete on the All-Star team.

Who thinks if Posednik was a Yank we'd be hearing about how he's the best lead-off hitter sincy Rickey?

The intangibles, the spark he gives the team etc.

Jeter didn't get robbed.

Tejada

Young

Peralta all had better or similiar numbers.

Arod got murdered for not hitting with RISP last year yet you want Jete on the All-Star team.

I don't remember the White Sox doing anything in those few days for that vote. And I watch alot of baseball and I'm in an AL Central city.

Any complaining over a little all star game is petty. The White Sox deserved their all star. The Yankees didn't, to be quite frank. The fans made the right choice.

I don't remember the White Sox doing anything in those few days for that vote. And I watch alot of baseball and I'm in an AL Central city.

Any complaining over a little all star game is petty. The White Sox deserved their all star. The Yankees didn't, to be quite frank. The fans made the right choice.

I Guess you fellas have forgotten that Jeter was once named MVP of the All-Star Game ... same year he happened to also take home the WS MVP

But hey, why let the facts get in the way

Carry on :wink:

Doesn't everyone get a a mdeal these days for All-Star games kind of like kids soccer games? MVP of a game where no-one hustles 100%. Way to go.

Look, Jeter didn't make it. Deal with it. He simply was not good enough to make it. I agree Matsui deserved it if you look at numbers, but Podsednik is hardly a slouch this year. And also, you said that he got it as the team rallied and got everyone to vote. Hmmmmm, I seem to remember Matsui making the All-Star STARTING lineup in his first year due to online votes. Didn't he? This is no different.

I Guess you fellas have forgotten that Jeter was once named MVP of the All-Star Game ... same year he happened to also take home the WS MVP

Doesn't everyone get a a mdeal these days for All-Star games kind of like kids soccer games? MVP of a game where no-one hustles 100%. Way to go.

Look, Jeter didn't make it. Deal with it. He simply was not good enough to make it. I agree Matsui deserved it if you look at numbers, but Podsednik is hardly a slouch this year. And also, you said that he got it as the team rallied and got everyone to vote. Hmmmmm, I seem to remember Matsui making the All-Star STARTING lineup in his first year due to online votes. Didn't he? This is no different.

Who the frig cares if Jeter makes the all-star team or not ? :evil:

People please enough already. Let it go. It is an exhibition game that MLB is trying to make important because MLB has screwed it up so badly.

I mean seriously you guys didn't see this coming ? not only did the White Sox fans get out and vote Podsednik but I would not be suprised in the least if Red Sox nation threw a couple votes his way just to keep a Jeter or a Matsui OUT of the all-star game.

Let it go. It is not that big a deal.

Who the frig cares if Jeter makes the all-star team or not ? :evil:

People please enough already. Let it go. It is an exhibition game that MLB is trying to make important because MLB has screwed it up so badly.

I mean seriously you guys didn't see this coming ? not only did the White Sox fans get out and vote Podsednik but I would not be suprised in the least if Red Sox nation threw a couple votes his way just to keep a Jeter or a Matsui OUT of the all-star game.

Let it go. It is not that big a deal.

Ignore what facts? What has Jeter done for anyone lately? Is that a fact we can use?

MVP of a useless all star game? Was this even in this century? You guys aren't going to get any sympathy from fans across this nation. And, since there's one less Yankee in the game, that's going to prevent you from watching it? Who's to say Jeter would have even played? Last year, Carlos Gullien was on the All Star team. He never played. Mostly because Joe Torre is a moron, but that speaks nothing to his playoff managing or anything. Mostly to his all star managing, where every player should be on the field.

Ignore what facts? What has Jeter done for anyone lately? Is that a fact we can use?

MVP of a useless all star game? Was this even in this century? You guys aren't going to get any sympathy from fans across this nation. And, since there's one less Yankee in the game, that's going to prevent you from watching it? Who's to say Jeter would have even played? Last year, Carlos Gullien was on the All Star team. He never played. Mostly because Joe Torre is a moron, but that speaks nothing to his playoff managing or anything. Mostly to his all star managing, where every player should be on the field.

Archived