1 word to describe Podsednik winning the final vote

Barton

I Guess you fellas have forgotten that Jeter was once named MVP of the All-Star Game ... same year he happened to also take home the WS MVP

But hey, why let the facts get in the way

Carry on :wink:

GJ & H, am I to understand you are now done hiding for the season?

Bro, you are turning into a homer, almost in the EB50 category. Even if some of the posts you make are in jest, I can't see how you can look in the mirror at times with some of the whoppers you make.

So Jeter was deemed the best player in an exhibition game (which is what it used to be until last season), so you think he deserves to get in THIS year? Why not bring back Jeff Connine to the all-star game. After all, he DID win an all-star game MVP once as well.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I Guess you fellas have forgotten that Jeter was once named MVP of the All-Star Game ... same year he happened to also take home the WS MVP

But hey, why let the facts get in the way

Carry on :wink:

Bro, you are turning into a homer, almost in the EB50 category. Even if some of the posts you make are in jest, I can't see how you can look in the mirror at times with some of the whoppers you make.

So Jeter was deemed the best player in an exhibition game (which is what it used to be until last season), so you think he deserves to get in THIS year? Why not bring back Jeff Connine to the all-star game. After all, he DID win an all-star game MVP once as well.

coughcough

Jeter has the highest career batting average in all-star game history

Carry on.

Again, all these stats and claims come in a game where no-one hustles 100%. There are some candy pitches and some Cadillac baserunning going on.

coughcough

Jeter has the highest career batting average in all-star game history

Carry on.

Again, all these stats and claims come in a game where no-one hustles 100%. There are some candy pitches and some Cadillac baserunning going on.

Case in point: Chan Ho Park's meatsauce thrown at Cal Ripken! I coulda jacked that one out of the park, opposite field, upper tank!

Case in point: Chan Ho Park's meatsauce thrown at Cal Ripken! I coulda jacked that one out of the park, opposite field, upper tank!

You're ignoring the context ... look at the privous two posts ... I was responding to the inference that Jeter has never done anything in the ASG, so I pointed out his ASG MVP ... that simple

As for this year, I already argued {in a long post} that Jeter IS NOT the one who got jobbed here ... that distinction belongs to Matsui

So how am I whining that Jeter isn't there, as some have suggested?

Heck, I'm not even whining that Matsui isn't there ... I said I was glad, now he can rest that ankle ... but he is the one who got bum-rushed

You're ignoring the context ... look at the privous two posts ... I was responding to the inference that Jeter has never done anything in the ASG, so I pointed out his ASG MVP ... that simple

As for this year, I already argued {in a long post} that Jeter IS NOT the one who got jobbed here ... that distinction belongs to Matsui

So how am I whining that Jeter isn't there, as some have suggested?

Heck, I'm not even whining that Matsui isn't there ... I said I was glad, now he can rest that ankle ... but he is the one who got bum-rushed

Archived