Time for a Playoff

Bugg

The BCS has made what should be a party of a championshsip playoff into a boring afterthought.

Division II can have playoff. But for the Big 10, the Pac10 and the Rose Bowl, it could happen tommorrow.

The bowls have long outlived their usefulness. I'd note the NHL New Year's Day game outdrew almsot every bowl, and many were poorly attended.

Better the NCAA figure out a format to bring a 3 or 4 week playoff format to a crescendo on New Years' Day or on the weekend before the Super Bowl. This current format brings the regular season to a screeching halt, and it's a great regular season.And then we wait practically a month almsot to the point that you no longer care or remember.This format no longer works.

As to final exams or some other such nonsense-right, they go to class. Are you guys kidding?

PLAYOFFS NOW!

The BCS has made what should be a party of a championshsip playoff into a boring afterthought.

Division II can have playoff. But for the Big 10, the Pac10 and the Rose Bowl, it could happen tommorrow.

The bowls have long outlived their usefulness. I'd note the NHL New Year's Day game outdrew almsot every bowl, and many were poorly attended.

Better the NCAA figure out a format to bring a 3 or 4 week playoff format to a crescendo on New Years' Day or on the weekend before the Super Bowl. This current format brings the regular season to a screeching halt, and it's a great regular season.And then we wait practically a month almsot to the point that you no longer care or remember.This format no longer works.

As to final exams or some other such nonsense-right, they go to class. Are you guys kidding?

PLAYOFFS NOW!

seconded. for idiots who say the regular season would become worthless i say this: only 8 teams (or whatever) get into the playoffs-- that makes every game damn important. and besides, with the arbitrary bowl system that doesn't reward merit and accomplishment on the field, the argument can be made that the regular season is meaningless as it is.

Archived