Jets | Shopping for a Big-Play TE?

Smizzy

It sounds great, but this year's free agent class is less than stellar and I'm not high on Heath Miller either.

I see the Jets taking a chance on an athlete at some point in the draft. Perhaps Vincent Jackson or Chevy Troutman? I think it's better to take a low-cost risk at getting the next Antonio Gates than it is to flush money down the drain on a mediocre tight end. I trust Baker to hold down the fort while the kid develops.

It sounds great, but this year's free agent class is less than stellar and I'm not high on Heath Miller either.

I see the Jets taking a chance on an athlete at some point in the draft. Perhaps Vincent Jackson or Chevy Troutman? I think it's better to take a low-cost risk at getting the next Antonio Gates than it is to flush money down the drain on a mediocre tight end. I trust Baker to hold down the fort while the kid develops.

I agree 100% Baker will be fine until someone developes behind him. IMO, this is a smokescreen.

I would pass on the available FA TE's, I just don't think there is a real difference maker in the group.

I know our teams history drafting TE's has been attrocious.......but I still think that is our best move this draft. There are a group of real quality guys availale, and possibly available in teh second round to boot. Guys ike Smith from Stanford and everett from Miami (er, I think). Both could be available in the second round if things fall right.

In any event, I would keep Baker as the #1 TE, and hell, I'd resign bect too if he came cheap (like minimum cheap). Otherwise, I start Baker and develop a kid out of the draft.

Jets | Shopping for a Big-Play TE? - from www.KFFL.com

Tue, 1 Mar 2005 19:16:24 -0800

NewYorkJets.com reports New York Jets general manager Terry Bradway has expressed an interest in a acquiring a playmaking tight end this offseason.

No **** Bradway, finally figured it out did you?

Normally I'd say "duh" but don't take it for granted that Bradway will notice that snow is white.

Jets need a quality TE in the worst way: it would play to their current offensive strengths and it would be a much better move than dropping 30 mil on another WR.

Archived