WOODY & his Greedy Greenies owe it.....

joiseyjet

I promise you if fans start calling talk radio getting Chimini ,Hutchison and all the other Sports reporters to start trashing WOODY over this before they actually release the rediculas rates Dallas did ,That Woody will come out with a more resonable way for him to get his cash like I suggested above and the Patsys did

Hey Joisey,

JetNation is doing its part. We have written like 5 articles bashing Woody over this, assuming that he is going to do. Tyson takes a Woody jab just about every week in his parting shots.

The Jets know what the reaction is going to be. I hope they prove us wrong and do the right thing. I am not holding my breath though.

I promise you if fans start calling talk radio getting Chimini ,Hutchison and all the other Sports reporters to start trashing WOODY over this before they actually release the rediculas rates Dallas did ,That Woody will come out with a more resonable way for him to get his cash like I suggested above and the Patsys did

I doubt it. As much as I detest Kraft the threat of PSL's never existed when Gillette was being built.

The Jets ticket prices are approaching the Pats prices. Thats sad.

Unfortunately that doesn't matter.

There must be 100,000 people waiting to get Jets or Giants season tickets.

For every diehard like you, 4H or me there is some clown ready to spend insane money to take those tickets.

I've said this 100 times and I will say it again. I hope the Jets do not have PSL's. If the Pats had them when they opened Gillette I would not have season tickets today.

And I`ll say it 1000 times The Pats did do a PSL they just raised ticket prices $75 over a 2 year period & that $75 fee will be built into those prices forever which is $750 a year per ticket ,$7,500 every 10 years & 22,500 over the next 30 years per ticket but fans can handle comming up with $750 per year as opposed to comming up with $15,000 - $50,000 per ticket up front

And I`ll say it 1000 times The Pats did do a PSL they just raised ticket prices $75 over a 2 year period & that $75 fee will be built into those prices forever which is $750 a year per ticket ,$7,500 every 10 years & 22,500 over the next 30 years per ticket but fans can handle comming up with $750 per year as opposed to comming up with $15,000 - $50,000 per ticket up front

The last year at the old Stadium was $49 per ticket. Kraft raised prices to $99 when Gillette opened (2002). He raised prices to $125 a ticket in 2004 and hasn't raised prices since.

How is that a PSL? The Stadium was privately funded and the Jets prices are approaching what I pay today.

The Jets play in a 35 year old Stadium and you guys are paying close to what I pay for seats.

The last year at the old Stadium was $49 per ticket. Kraft raised prices to $99 when Gillette opened (2002). He raised prices to $125 a ticket in 2004 and hasn't raised prices since.

How is that a PSL? The Stadium was privately funded and the Jets prices are approaching what I pay today.

The Jets play in a 35 year old Stadium and you guys are paying close to what I pay for seats.

& The difference between $49 & 125 is? ,When they were discussing options back then of how to pay for the stadium ,Kraft unlike Woody did not want to stick it to the fans and as I pointed out the amount that this will work out to over a 30 year period would work out to roughly 3x what people were paying for PSLS at that time so that on top of all the cash Kraft is probably making selling PATS merchandise with winning 3 SB in that time ,there is no reason to have raised ticket prices since then...

& The difference between $49 & 125 is? ,When they were discussing options back then of how to pay for the stadium ,Kraft unlike Woody did not want to stick it to the fans and as I pointed out the amount that this will work out to over a 30 year period would work out to roughly 3x what people were paying for PSLS at that time so that on top of all the cash Kraft is probably making selling PATS merchandise with winning 3 SB in that time ,there is no reason to have raised ticket prices since then...

I feel for you guys. As much as I think Jets fans dwell on being lovable losers, you guys give a **** and thats all that matters.

Not that you care but the Pats were in the same spot in the early 90's.

I feel for you guys. As much as I think Jets fans dwell on being lovable losers, you guys give a **** and thats all that matters.

At least you actually had your own damn stadium. If Tom Brady really wanted to **** with us he would say "Giants Stadium" instead of "The Meadowlands" everytime after playing us there. It's just so embarassing, how can this have gone on for so long?

We are considered the worst fans in the NFL anyway, what's the point of taking that abuse at your own alleged home games? I love the Jets to death obviously, pretty much all of us that post here do, but I really do think it'd be great if nobody went to games or bought tickets and that forced the franchise to actually get us a real home, make games accessible to the real fans again, and actually gave a **** about winning.

Actually it'd also be cool to me if the team disbanded so I could finally go follow another team if they're going to refuse to fix the problems. :/

The sad fact is the Jets were filled with Coslet, Kotite and Carrol years in the 90's so I wouldn't say wait it out and things will change. Over the past 20 years or so, they've really only had a couple of decent seasons which usually ended in heartache, hope for the next year, and then disaster and another long wait for whatever.

All I know is the Pats made the SB in the 80's, 90's, and 2000's. The Jets rarely make the playoffs two years in a row yet alone a SB.

As far as the ticket prices, it is what it is. If the Jets built a good team, people wouldn't cry as much about the prices. They would still be expensive, but winning makes people forget. Add a great playmaker here and there, and people soon forget. The problem is the Jets have no playmakers and they never go to the playoffs in back to back years so it makes for high prices and future prices even more ridiculous as an insult.

I sure hope they don't go into 2010 without any big name players or young big name players to be on top of a struggling team. But regardless it seems people will still pay.

Where did I miss the memo that said we had to pay our PSLs next year?

BZ

I don`t know that the money will be due next year but the bill will come next year and the $$$ amount will be released next year at least thats what the guy in the JETS office told me when I called a few months back after getting back from Dallas when they released their PSL amounts for their stadium opening next season (09)...and the guy said Dallas is releasing their $$$ amounts now cause they "HAVE TO" cause they are opening at the start of the 09 season, we are not opening till the beginning of the 10 season so we are not saying anything yet ,Sounds to me they have an idea how they are going to bang the season ticket holders ,they just choose to wait till the last minute to tell us thats all.....

I am sure Woody does not want to release any numbers coming off of a 4-12 season..he better pray for a good season next year

As you so stated he could care less about the fans ,he`s a sced. guy he`s got his date on a calender someplace of when they plan to release the info ,my guess is he is begging the Mara`s & Tich`s to jump on board with this PSL thing so Woody doesn`t look like a jerk... & they (the giants owners) want no part of it... OUR WORST DAY WAS THE DAY WOODY JOHNSON WAS ALLOWED TO BUY THIS FRANCHISE

Archived