how bout this trade

afosomf

Coles and VIlma and a 3rd rd pick to cards for Fitgerald?

just saw that cards are shoping him around

No deal for me, that is way to much to give up for a WR not named Andre Johnson. We would have the slowest set of WR's in the history of the NFL.

Fitz is a stud wr, not sure what you guys have been watching

vilma is toast and coles is over 30

the draft pick can be debated, i doubt vilma and coles would be enuff

We can get more than just Fitzgerald with that package. that's my point.

And we need players, not a player. we suck. :1cry:

We can get more than just Fitzgerald with that package. that's my point.

And we need players, not a player. we suck. :1cry:

coles is close to the point where you will get nothing from him in trade value

vilma is history

Fitz is a big upgrade over Coles IMO, vilma is a throw in

vilma is history

What about the Herm factor?

That idiot is in KC with Peterson salivating over these three players. willing to do anything to save his career in KC. I think we can rob the Chiefs if we're patient.

That idiot is in KC with Peterson salivating over these three players. willing to do anything to save his career in KC. I think we can rob the Chiefs if we're patient.

i doubt that trade will happen... if it does tangini will be arrested for highway

robbery

nobody can be that stupid not even petersen/herm...well maybe herm

but you get the point;)

I'm with you, assmop. I do that trade in a heartbeat unless Tannenbaum demonstrates he can get more for them. He's a true #1 receiver who's a true red-zone threat, which we haven't had since Keyshawn. I'm sick of all those endzone fade routes, which is the only pass Schotty calls with our relatively short WR's.

A game-changing playmaker. Going forward, Colecussion won't be nearly the receiver Fitz is (and frankly never was), and Vilma is as good as gone if anyone wants him coming off a serious knee injury.

I'd be happy with a Limas Sweed with our high 2nd-rounder if we moved Coles, but Sweed's upside is...hopefully turning into Larry Fitzgerald. Why not take the sure thing, finished product?

People here are nuts & totally overvalue a 30 yo WR coming off IR with some concussions plus an ILB with a degenerative condition, also coming off IR, who doesn't fit on the team. Plus a 3rd round pick that we'll likely either trade away anyway or draft another Anthony Schlegel with.

Other than the knowledge of that possible KC thing, in our DREAMS something like this should happen.

Terrell Owens (when he was YOUNG) ran the same 4.6 that Fitzgerald runs. Any complaints that HE'S too slow to be "what we need"?

You can't keep using Randy Moss as the only acceptable height/40-time. He's one in a billion with those measurables & ability & game-smarts.

vilma is history

I agree. Vilma is damaged goods and Coles might appeal to an idiot like Herm. But he is too battered to bring much. Concussions scare most teams. Doesn't seem like the Jets FO is scared by them, though. Still, is Fitgerald a downfield threat? I would rather go after Berrian.

Coles, disgruntled, coming off injury & another concussion, and wanting a new contract;

Vilma, disgruntled, coming off injury, and sucks ass in the 3-4, entering the last year of his rookie deal & requires a new contract;

And a 3rd-rounder.

For Larry f'ing Fitzgerald.

And people question whether we're getting ENOUGH? Or whether we'd be better off with Bernard Berrian -- BERNARD BERIAN!!! -- than Larry Fitzgerald?

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills.

crazy-pills.jpg

My question is why are the Cardinals looking to deal Fitzgerald? Why are they preferring to stick with the older, more injury proned Boldin? Money reasons? If so, I'd be pretty pissed off if I was a Cardinals fan. If thats not the reason though, then what is? And do they want a cheaper receiver option, like a Laveranues Coles, in return?

I would do this trade in a heartbeat, as long as there is something wrong with Fitzgerald that most don't know about. The only thing we do know is that he is one of the best young receivers in the game, with great height and leaping ability to boot.

Who are we going to rob the Chiefs of? Name one player of value on their offense that they would trade. They're not dumb enough to trade Larry Johnson, Tony Gonzalez or Dwayne Bowe, and after that there is nobody.

Who are we going to rob the Chiefs of? Name one player of value on their offense that they would trade. They're not dumb enough to trade Larry Johnson, Tony Gonzalez or Dwayne Bowe, and after that there is nobody.

Draft picks. we need players. I'll take draft picks.

Draft picks. we need players. I'll take draft picks.

Sorry Jim, but there is nobody in this draft apart from Darren McFadden that has the upside of Larry Fitzgerald. The guy is a BEAST and would improve this offense in many ways. I love LC and Vilma, but I'd take Fitzgerald over them combined anyday, especially while our defense continues to run the 34.

Coles and VIlma and a 3rd rd pick to cards for Fitgerald?

just saw that cards are shoping him around

I am surpised to see some of these reactions to your trade proposal. Coles is great but old and, now, injury prone. Trading him now will save the Jets FO from having to reneg on its promise to rework his deal so he can retire as a Jet. Vilma is perfectly ill suited for this defense, and will be a FA after next season. The third round pick is valuable. I think the Jets have drafted well (Schlegel notwithstanding) and will continue to improve in this area.

So, unless Larry Fitzgerald is hurt or there is some other problem then I do this deal super fast. It takes a major need off the board and clears more cap space. The Jets can use their first two picks to further shore up the front seven on defense. Maybe get an NFL-ready Offensive Guard in the fourth round (these guys seem to drop) and get another offensive lineman (and CB) in FA.

I am surpised to see some of these reactions to your trade proposal. Coles is great but old and, now, injury prone. Trading him now will save the Jets FO from having to reneg on its promise to rework his deal so he can retire as a Jet. Vilma is perfectly ill suited for this defense, and will be a FA after next season. The third round pick is valuable. I think the Jets have drafted well (Schlegel notwithstanding) and will continue to improve in this area.

So, unless Larry Fitzgerald is hurt or there is some other problem then I do this deal super fast. It takes a major need off the board and clears more cap space. The Jets can use their first two picks to further shore up the front seven on defense. Maybe get an NFL-ready Offensive Guard in the fourth round (these guys seem to drop) and get another offensive lineman (and CB) in FA.

I don't buy either argument. I don't think it's a bad deal. Player-wise I'd be fine with Fitzgerald for Coles/Vilma and what we are likely to get in the third (though you must note that is a pretty high 3rd). For me the issue is what Coles wants to keep him happy and the new deal that Fitzgerald would surely be demanding. I'm sure the main reason either wr is being shopped are their renegotiating demands. Compare the two and then you'll know if it's a fair deal.

I don't buy either argument. I don't think it's a bad deal. Player-wise I'd be fine with Fitzgerald for Coles/Vilma and what we are likely to get in the third (though you must note that is a pretty high 3rd). For me the issue is what Coles wants to keep him happy and the new deal that Fitzgerald would surely be demanding. I'm sure the main reason either wr is being shopped are their renegotiating demands. Compare the two and then you'll know if it's a fair deal.

fitz is 6 or 7 years younger

that is huge

If Vilma bounces back next year, racking up the tackle stats, then he will command a big salary, too.

fitz is 6 or 7 years younger

that is huge

If Vilma bounces back next year, racking up the tackle stats, then he will command a big salary, too.

I didn't say I would be against the deal, just that we don't know what kind of demented money Fitzgerald is going to be seeking. I am skeptical of ALL NFL players being shopped. You can get a deal, but teams generally aren't moving guys unless they are distractions or cap problems.

PS: If Vilma bounces back and plays well enough to command a big salary I'll be perfectly happy to have kept him for the extra year whether he signs with us again or not. The main reason to dump him is that he is supposedly useless in our scheme.

I didn't say I would be against the deal, just that we don't know what kind of demented money Fitzgerald is going to be seeking. I am skeptical of ALL NFL players being shopped. You can get a deal, but teams generally aren't moving guys unless they are distractions or cap problems.

PS: If Vilma bounces back and plays well enough to command a big salary I'll be perfectly happy to have kept him for the extra year whether he signs with us again or not. The main reason to dump him is that he is supposedly useless in our scheme.

Vilma wont pile up the stats on the Jets. Its virtually impossible now that Harris is a fixture. Not to mention the problems Vilma has had these last two years. But he could do it in a 4-3, if he's healthy.

This deal wont happen just for the fact that arizona runs a 3-4 base just like us. Maybe Coles and a swap of first rounders and a thrid. But Vilma wont be in the deal.

lol - I totally forgot they were trying to make that switch. Might as well try to move Vilma to New England -- it's as likely to happen if they're still leaning that way. I don't think they went out of their way to draft whale-sized linemen like Alan Branch & Gabe Watson to put a safety-sized ILB behind them.

I would take that trade in a heartbeat, Fitzy is a borderline elite WR and would immediately add a new dimension to our offence. He would be a huge upgrade over Coles and well Vilma doesn't suit this D. It's terribly one sided though, no way in Hell would the Crads be that stupid.

Archived