school bans ice cream

johnny green balls

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Moonbat philosophy: If a teenage girl needs an abortion, parents need not be notified; same girl wants a soda, parents must be notified. :lol:

Interesting "choice" of words there, JetMo. She "needs" the abortion, but "wants" the soda. Hahahahahahaahaa

ya, my only beef is it wasnt bad for 50 years until yuppy parents stopped parenting..where do we stop,,

do we now only serve range free chicken cause some groups say better? Or low-fat cheese?, or whole wheat bread,,at what point is it silly and caving into people who know no bounds?

it seems we may be putting cart before horse here,,and once you reward poor societal behavior it becomes a norm, possibly unfixable..

ugh i dont know what to say about this. I think your making up more that there is here. This isnt a story about a school preparing foods for every ethnic freak and diet. Its just about removing some excess and unneccessay sugar

I really cant believe this thread exists

This all started years ago when the women's liberal movements started. Now before you call me sexist, let me preface this by saying that I think women are equal in every way. Before then kids ate what their mothers cooked, were supervised by their mothers when not in school, and dad's worked to make the money to cover the bills. The economy allowed for that. Houses were 40k for a nice one in a nice neighborhood. For a guy making 10-15k, this was manageable. Once the mothers started hitting the workforce, household incomes were nearly doubling, driving up costs of everything, including homes. The economy shifted so that dual income families did not necessarily move up in wealth status, instead the economy made ndual income a necessity. Thinkabout it today-a single income family must earn about 125k per year to live in a fairly decent neighborhood in NJ. At least that much. If he/she doesn't, it forces the other spouse to work to make up the difference, thus relying on outside forces to handle the responsibility of monitoring and raising a child. This is why TV and video games are today's babysitter. This is why schools decide what games can and can't be played anymore. This is why schools stop serving ice cream. If they are going to be responsible for raising the countries children, they will do everything to lessen their liability. This is why books have been dumbed down to the extent they have. This way it's easier to give the kids better or even passing grades. If they weren't getting good grades then it's obviously the "schools" fault since they are relied on to handle everything. Kids getting fat? It must be the school's lunch menu.

Parents naturally place the responsibility and blame elsewhere because they are spending infinitely less time with their children to support an average middle income life in America now that the country requires it. Now I don't blame women or the decline in the family and the reliance on other institutions today. But I do think that raising a child is a full time job and, whether it is the father or the mother, our youth today would be in far better shape physically, mentally, spiritually, and more well rounded if they are raised with a stay at home parent. JMHO

ugh i dont know what to say about this. I think your making up more that there is here. This isnt a story about a school preparing foods for every ethnic freak and diet. Its just about removing some excess and unneccessay sugar

I really cant believe this thread exists

guess how it all starts. slippery slope. there are a ton of studies saying milk might not be good for you, let's ban it! cheese on pizza? gone!

everything is bad for you if you eat enough of it; i would be ok with letting one kid have one dessert per day in the rare cases a kid just buys a huge pile of dessert with his lunch money (again, i never saw this and i was in public school for 14 years and saw over 100,000 lunches served although my generation was right before the p.c. self-esteem garbage went into hyperdrive).

you act like there is a Vat of candy or ice cream in cafeteria,,this is whats odd about all of this..

isnt there supervision of food in cafeteria,,handed out? its not a buffet??

as far as vending machines,,i can see making them healthier as there is no supervision,,but greenwich story was about banning in cafeteria,,,

come on,,is there a ice cream river in there??? pretty easy to monitor and hard to see how a kid could eat and eat in a cafeteria environremnt where they have to procure from a attendant and pay to boot...

SJ, the cafeteria serves noting but FRIED items, rich in fat. ALL THE TIME.

sausages, french fries, biscuits, pancakes, gravy, soda, etc.

Why is this good? Why wouldnt a healthy food program be more welcomed. What is wrong with you guys

we sed to have water fountains when i was a kid. Now, soda machines. Why soda?

This all started years ago when the women's liberal movements started. Now before you call me sexist, let me preface this by saying that I think women are equal in every way. Before then kids ate what their mothers cooked, were supervised by their mothers when not in school, and dad's worked to make the money to cover the bills. The economy allowed for that. Houses were 40k for a nice one in a nice neighborhood. For a guy making 10-15k, this was manageable. Once the mothers started hitting the workforce, household incomes were nearly doubling, driving up costs of everything, including homes. The economy shifted so that dual income families did not necessarily move up in wealth status, instead the economy made ndual income a necessity. Thinkabout it today-a single income family must earn about 125k per year to live in a fairly decent neighborhood in NJ. At least that much. If he/she doesn't, it forces the other spouse to work to make up the difference, thus relying on outside forces to handle the responsibility of monitoring and raising a child. This is why TV and video games are today's babysitter. This is why schools decide what games can and can't be played anymore. This is why schools stop serving ice cream. If they are going to be responsible for raising the countries children, they will do everything to lessen their liability. This is why books have been dumbed down to the extent they have. This way it's easier to give the kids better or even passing grades. If they weren't getting good grades then it's obviously the "schools" fault since they are relied on to handle everything. Kids getting fat? It must be the school's lunch menu.

Parents naturally place the responsibility and blame elsewhere because they are spending infinitely less time with their children to support an average middle income life in America now that the country requires it. Now I don't blame women or the decline in the family and the reliance on other institutions today. But I do think that raising a child is a full time job and, whether it is the father or the mother, our youth today would be in far better shape physically, mentally, spiritually, and more well rounded if they are raised with a stay at home parent. JMHO

excellent post. selfish parents like this new paradigm because group responsibility for raising kids reduces blame when the kid turns out to be a turd.

This all started years ago when the women's liberal movements started. Now before you call me sexist, let me preface this by saying that I think women are equal in every way.

Womens Lib movement taught me to put women on a pedestal...

its easier to look up thier dresses

Its all about obesity in children.But they fail to mention the fact that most obese kids these days go home to computers or video games.These kids do not participate in organized sports.The parents too career minded or busy to cook feed them fast food and frozen micro waved junk.Its not about the little snack in school or the ice cream poor excuse for a big problem.

Couldn't agree more. I coach a couple of teams and i see tons of kids that have engergy, and those that do not have energy. The ones that don't, much more often than not, are video game junkies.

One kid in particular i could see a difference in his skin tone. It was actually quite sad, since he was such a good player, and energetic kid before he started with his basement assault on the "vids".

Why is this good? Why wouldnt a healthy food program be more welcomed. What is wrong with you guys

sounds like ice cream is the most healthy item on the menu. another reason this banning is stupid. "let's do what sounds good without fixing the real problem: our food all blows."

no, i sold candy on the bus at school and sometimes sold my dessert that my mom packed. kids are more entreprenurial than you think (or maybe you know since you teach). kids will find a way, making this banning meaningless and a mere feel-good token. it's so the principal can stoke his ego about how he's helping the kiddies where, as you said, they're gonna get it anyway.

OMG but thats my whole point WHY MAKE IT EASY

and there is nothing wrong with one ice cream,,

do you want them eating 24 healthy vegetable salads???

moderation...

its not a easy premise..

Womens Lib movement taught me to put women on a pedestal...

its easier to look up thier dresses

i've read a lot of intriguing articles that culture is trying to "feminize" boys. think about it, typical male behavior includes physical competition (pc buzz word: "hypercompetitive" and "bad for self esteem"), intense curiosity (pc buzz word: "A.D.D.," "reckless," "dangerous"), boys are physical learners (PC buzz word: "fidgety," "disruptive"). what have schools done? remove all natural outlets for this behavior--recess, dodgeball--and medicate these behaviors to dope our kids into being as docile as lambs. this is a horrendous plan that is already starting to backfire when little Brandon, Carter and Bryce are 20 years old and the real world says, "if you can't handle the heat, get the **** out of the kitchen!" they don't comprehend why they are having trouble and some of the weaker ones snap.

Shouldn't you be working right now?

Another example of the fine educational facility that dick is working for. he's here busy arguing about frickin ice cream while his young students have to ''wait'' for their education, it's very sad. :P

Exactly. Because a few fat**ses can't control what they shove in their mouth, everybody else has to have tofu.

fatties like you moses? like me? like thor? like max? like panzer? like soflo? like ggg? like limo? like sooth? like bren? like tmax? like joisey?

the diet of the US is NOT healthy. Thats why our hearts explode. Thats the point here so if a school decides to not serve ice cream anymore I salute them

and I dont remember anything about Tofu so lets nat make up stuff to bolster an argument

fatties like you moses? like me? like thor? like max? like panzer? like soflo? like ggg? like limo? like sooth? like bren? like tmax? like joisey?

the diet of the US is NOT healthy. Thats why our hearts explode. Thats the point here so if a school decides to not serve ice cream anymore I salute them

and I dont remember anything about Tofu so lets nat make up stuff to bolster an argument

right, it's your junior high lunch lady's fault that you're a lardass at 35 years old :roll:

and there is nothing wrong with one ice cream,,

do you want them eating 24 healthy vegetable salads???

moderation...

its not a easy premise..

great. No arguemnts. But, can you trust me when I tell your old asss that there is NO moderation. It is all fatty food. Why does this sit so well with you

i don't want my kid to eat pizza, milk products or eggs. i demand the school ban these. or, everyone teaches their own kid what they can and cannot eat. boy, sometimes simple solutions are lost on "smart" people.

I agree that sometimes you are correct. But they are basing this on nutritional findings and not someones opinion or preference.

so if adults can't even make healthy diet choices why do they think they are so qualified to micromanage lunch menus? :confused:

Its all about obesity in children.But they fail to mention the fact that most obese kids these days go home to computers or video games.These kids do not participate in organized sports.The parents too career minded or busy to cook feed them fast food and frozen micro waved junk.Its not about the little snack in school or the ice cream poor excuse for a big problem.

Couldn't agree more. I coach a couple of teams and i see tons of kids that have engergy, and those that do not have energy. The ones that don't, much more often than not, are video game junkies.

One kid in particular i could see a difference in his skin tone. It was actually quite sad, since he was such a good player, and energetic kid before he started with his basement assault on the "vids".

I get a bit of a chuckle when I see young guys like Drago and 5180 BLAME the parent as "career oriented". I promise you will learn when you get older tht it has nothing to do with getting ahead because parents like their job more than their children, it's the fact that they have no choice. Drago live in Wisconsin if I recall. Let me give you a good example of a family in NJ:

Average house in a respectable middle class neighborhood $350k-$550k. $350k gets you a 2 or 3 BR house or condo at most. $450k-$550 will get you a nice house that is pretty easy to raise kids in. Not a mansion, but a nice house. The average household income in NJ is less than 30k, but that is heavily skewed by senior citizens and poor urban areas. A fairly good job should pay anywhere from 60k-80k for the average worker today. Here's the mortgage on a house for $400k with 10% down and the avg of 8k annual taxes plus 1k annual insurance-$3,146. That's 3just under 38k in mortgage payments a year. 80k in income after taxes is probably around 56k net, leaving you 18k left for the entire year to feed your family, pay the utilities, car payments, and any other expense. That's approximately $1500 a month for all bills and expenses. Now are you getting the picture why parents are "career oriented"?

Another example of the fine educational facility that dick is working for. he's here busy arguing about frickin ice cream while his young students have to ''wait'' for their education, it's very sad. :P

hey i get a break now and then as well. Come say that to me M-F when my go home time is 230 pm but its 430 and im trying to make a good lesson for YOUR BRAT:)

Archived