IF it turns out to be a Giants-Patriots Super Bowl...

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I hate my Mets fans being so jealous of the Yankees also. It is just as sickening. Yankees have no bearing on the Mets. Except for 2000 you dirty bastards.

Whoa. You're a Mets, Islanders and Jets fan?

I'm sorry dude.

Yep. Thanks Dad for giving me such great teams to root for. Thank God he didnt make me a Knicks fan.

I was cursed with the Rangers and Jets. At least I've got my boys in pinstripes. Then again, what have we done since 2000?

Id jump off the roof if the Giants beat the Pats. Right off the roof.

but with your luck you would break your neck, get brain damage and the Giants would offer you free tickets because they thought you were celebrating when you fell. And you wont be able to talk and tell people how much you hate the Giants.

I say go on a murderous rampage. Its a lot more interesting.

I was cursed with the Rangers and Jets. At least I've got my boys in pinstripes. Then again, what have we done since 2000?

At least the Yanks give us a chance every year even though the past few they've seem to choke in the playoffs. But I'll take 12 straight playoff seasons over what the Jets have given me. A 10-6 year, a 5-11 year and on and on and on.

The Rangers have at least improved the past couple seasons compared to the 7+ non playoff years in a row. But I don't watch hockey as much as I used to. As far as the Knicks, I don't watch them much anymore... They are just unwatchable, then again I went to a Sonics game the other night against the Mavs and that game was unwatchable. Half the seats were empty and the Mavs sat half their starters in the second half of that game.

I don't know I root for the Jets and Yankees and Rangers... I sort of root for the Knicks, but I just don't like the owner, the GM, the coach, or the players anymore so it's hard to actually really root for them. I guess I root they dump everybody.

At least in your lifetime 2 of your teams offer hope every year. They might not live up to their billing but at least its fun.

Mets and Islanders. Outside of a year here or there, they are a joke. I barely remember the 4 cups in a row. And since then, what?? they suck. Mets?? Lots of false hope every year. At least last year I didnt buy into it and I wont buy into it again. I will give them a week to show me something in spring training.

But I love my teams and want to move back to NY because of them.

At least in your lifetime 2 of your teams offer hope every year. They might not live up to their billing but at least its fun.

Mets and Islanders. Outside of a year here or there, they are a joke. I barely remember the 4 cups in a row. And since then, what?? they suck. Mets?? Lots of false hope every year. At least last year I didnt buy into it and I wont buy into it again. I will give them a week to show me something in spring training.

But I love my teams and want to move back to NY because of them.

Yes but with my glorious luck I didn't start getting into Hockey until 1996. However, Baseball was awesome for me as a youngster, I must say.

Jets fans rooting for New England is like Yankee fans rooting for Boston (unless either scenario has a positive effect on playoff chances).

Jets fans rooting for the Giants is like the Yankees rooting for the Mets. Their fans hate each other--but the teams are in seperate divisions, so who cares?

But if there's any reason to be rooting for either team, they are as follows:

NE: We want them to win, because it tells everyone we've been forced to play one of the most legendary teams ever twice a year. That, and those who have to put up with Giants talk shows and what not don't get annoyed. Oh yeah, if they don't win, people will start to forget who that other team is that plays in NJ.

NYG (The side I'm on): We want them to win because we (and what Jets, Bills, or Phins fan wouldn't?) want to see the hated Patriots lose it all on national television. We want to see that team torn apart. We DON'T want to see all attention that the entire country gives these guy for chasing history.

I'll admit, I use to root for both NJ teams when I was younger. But I always favored the Jets. I lost all interest in the Giants when the Jets finally got good in the late 90s.

I don't agree. Anybody that lives in NY who roots for any team in Boston can't be considered much of a New Yorker.

I hate the Giants, but I really hate the Patriots, Red Sox, Celtics, and Bruins. If rooting for the Giants makes a Jets fan just a casual fan, What does rooting for the Patriots make you? A fake fan?

No way I'd ever root for any Boston team.

he totally has a point here guys,at the end of the day as much as i hate the gints and loathe the smack i will be subjected to, they are a ny team going against a boston team, and there is NO WAY a NYer should ever under any condition root for a boston team. It is unamerican! Anyone from NY who does this is committing treason and should be banned to providence town with the rest of the homos!

Any of you saying go pats should just be ashamed and disgusted with yourselves for that brain fart

If it comes to the Giants vs Pats I , for one, will be rooting like mad for the Giants. I'm NOT exposed to the 24/7 Giants smack talk out here ( I get 24/7 Bills smack) so I don't hate the Giants at all. Many of my friends back home are Giant fans as well so I'll be rooting for them as well. The Patzies pure show of arrogance the entire season has made it totally impossible for me to EVER root for them in any game. I honestly don't see how any Jets fan could root for the Pats.

No offense, but most foreign country fans are bandwagon fans. I'm sure those same guys have Aikman and Smith jerseys in their closets from the 90's. Be strong young jedi! ;)

Bandwagon fans? I play with guys over here that support the Bills, the Niners and three Dolphins fans. There are guys with Raiders, Packers and Niners tattoos for ****'s sake!

the giants.. i live in pats land.. no way in bloddy h-e-double hockey sticks am i rooting for the patsies.

as someone pointed out.. i would NEVAH root for the red sox.. i would have no problem rooting for the mets if the yanks were out of it.

if it were phins vs. giants.. would you root for the phins? :shock:

OY!

the giants.. i live in pats land.. no way in bloddy h-e-double hockey sticks am i rooting for the patsies.

as someone pointed out.. i would NEVAH root for the red sox.. i would have no problem rooting for the mets if the yanks were out of it.

if it were phins vs. giants.. would you root for the phins? :shock:

OY!

pats land = gay land

i hate it up here

Why on Earth would you ever root for the Pats? As much as the Giants are undesirable to some, how could you ever not root for them over arguably now the Jets biggest rivals? The Giants don't have one unlikable player, just fans. The Pats fans are even more obnoxious and 80% of them are bandwagon fans, and sorry, I can't root for Brady, Moss, Gaffney, Welker, Harrison, and Belichick and a coaching staff full of cheaters to win the most coveted prize in football so the media can suck them off some more.

You know what's funny? I was one of those 19,000 in 1992 that had season tickets. Just because you support a team that loses doesn't make you a better fan.

I didn't say you. I've seen you post here and you're a good poster. You offer a lot of insight and unbiased opinions. Saying that, I respectfully disagree with your claim that supporting a team when it loses doesn't make you a better fan. Supporting a team only when it wins is called front-running and doesn't make you a real fan of the team. I know someone who used to be a Cowboys fan and hopped on the Jets bandwagon when they made the playoffs in '04-'05. Front-running fans often change their favorite teams and pretend to be actual fans of the team.

I didn't say you. I've seen you post here and you're a good poster. You offer a lot of insight and unbiased opinions. Saying that, I respectfully disagree with your claim that supporting a team when it loses doesn't make you a better fan. Supporting a team only when it wins is called front-running and doesn't make you a real fan of the team. I know someone who used to be a Cowboys fan and hopped on the Jets bandwagon when they made the playoffs in '04-'05. Front-running fans often change their favorite teams and pretend to be actual fans of the team.

I completely agree with you about bandwagon fans. They suck. I took offence to you brushing all Pats fans as bandwagoners.

This is definitely a tough call for me if it comes down to the Pats and Giants...my future son n law is a Giants fan...but, on the other hand, I live in the middle of Dolphin land and over the years with me and their fans, a lot of bad blood has spilled. All they talk about is preserving that ****ing undefeated record and I hate the fin fans a lot more than patsie fans.

You have to live down here to appreciate the hate between Jets and Dolphin fans.

Archived