Office PC (not computer) question...

JerryK

Hi All,

Some might say I'm over-thinking things, but my job sort of depends on my being well-liked.

Is it ok in an office to use one's race as a description?

Example:

"You're looking for John? yeah, he's the guy in those cubicles over there. Nice guy. 3rd desk from the back. Black Guy".

Ok? Faux pas?

Hi All,

Some might say I'm over-thinking things, but my job sort of depends on my being well-liked.

Example:

"You're looking for John? yeah, he's the guy in those cubicles over there. Nice guy. 3rd desk from the back. Black Guy".

Ok? Faux pas?

thats fine. just dont forget and call him "the N"

Hi All,

Example:

Ok? Faux pas?

I'm in HR, don't think it's a good practice and I'd have to hope directions like "guy in the cubicles over there, 3rd desk from the back" will get you to the right guy.

You're right. You're over thinking.

I don't think so. I've seen people get called out on less.

thats fine. just dont forget and call him "the N"

Real classy response.

I wouldn't use it unless you are really friendly with the person you are giving the directions to. Unless of course there two guys wearing a blue shirt and yellow tie and you need to differentiate. It's kind of like the third tiebreaker sort of thing.

Archived