Sign in to follow this  
Matt39

Why is it assumed that David Wright is going to be a star?

I thought this about Wright before this season. All the problems that Reyes had made me think the Mets had another 80's PR machine going (hyping players).

But having seen this kid play he is the real deal. He is going to be a star in the Scott Rolen mode. IMO the Mets don't have to worry about 3B for a LONG, LONG time.

I haven't been this confident in a 3B since Aaron Boone homered against Boston in the ALCS. :D

Wright is showing that he will be SOLID 3B and he is getting a lot of buzz from fantasy experts who eyeball numbers in great detail. He is a keeper.

Bro just because you are in 1st place by like 800 points doesn't mean you know fantasy baseball. :wink:

Just because a player plays in a particular city shouldn't be enough reason to warrant giving someone a ROY. Granted, making the case for Cano having more ABs is ok, Shelton can't really do much about that because he had Pena in front of him up to about a month ago. But I wouldn't bet on Shelton's BA dropping below .300 this year. He's got one helluva an eye and can crush the ball a mile. He's one problem right now has been that he is so great on offense but sub-par on D. But the defense will improve in time. Hopefully, Shelton will be our first baseman for a long time, but I definitely think he should be considered for ROY.

MAv:

You know this already but there is a LONG way to go. Especially when we are talking about rookies. Both these guys have a huge challenge in front of them.

Let's see who they all fair when they face teams for the 2nd\3rd time.

Sign in to follow this  

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company