Sign in to follow this  
Matt39

Why is it assumed that David Wright is going to be a star?

Please....if this guy was a Yankee we would have to get a bigger server to handle the Yankee fans posts!!!

I mean come on Matt, we had a freakin Melky Cabrera thread yesterday.

No ones been saying(at leadt from what I've been seeing) that Melky Cabrera is going to be a star.

No ones even saying that Cano is going to be a star.

Thi sis what's said of David Wright, "oh this kid has star written all over him"

Is he a nice player, yes. Superstar? Wayyyy too early to tell.

He's been an average hitter this season and below average in the field.

Correct too early to tell but that has been mainly media hype.

He has been better than Cano though yet the Al Yazeera YES network goes nuts over Cano.

In the mean time Wright does however have comparable numbers too Jeter this season in a much worse line-up while hitting from the 7 hole. I believe you guys called for Jeter to be a All-Star no??

Wright hits for avg....has power and steals bases.

Defense needs work. Pags was a one or two year wonder and if I recall a .240ish hitter.

Melky has zero speed as reported on last nights game.

Chris Shelton for ROY

I agree if Detroit plays him every day the rest of the season....will win it going away.

Cano has about 100 more ABs right now than Shelton. Shelton is hitting really well, but Cano will still win ROY unless he completely falls off in the 2nd half.

Why?? Shelton has the same power numbers AND a much better batting avg in 100 less AB's.

Just because a player plays in a particular city shouldn't be enough reason to warrant giving someone a ROY. Granted, making the case for Cano having more ABs is ok, Shelton can't really do much about that because he had Pena in front of him up to about a month ago. But I wouldn't bet on Shelton's BA dropping below .300 this year. He's got one helluva an eye and can crush the ball a mile. He's one problem right now has been that he is so great on offense but sub-par on D. But the defense will improve in time. Hopefully, Shelton will be our first baseman for a long time, but I definitely think he should be considered for ROY.

Found out on CBS that a MLB rule prevents Shelton from consideration for the ROY award.

A Rule-5 player with the Tigers in 2004, Shelton is not a rookie, despite only 46 at-bats all of last year.

Because aside from Beltran's horrible performance aside from when Pedro's on the mound and Jose Reyes base stealing and SOMETIMES fielding skills, that's all they have to talk about.

Remind us again how many times you have quit on your players,manager and team? Thought so...Thanks.

As for Wright, he is better than Cano or Melky Way and Mets fans talk FAR Less about Wright then you guys about your two young players.

If Wright was a Yankee we would be reading posts here on how he's the next Mike Schmidt.

Why isn't it legally possible for Shelton to be the ROY? He's batting in the .340's, has 7 homers, 26 RBI's, in only 36 games.

And you'd be suprised the power and influence I wield, bucko 8)

Something to do with him being a Rule 5 Draft player Stormy. Makes him ineligible.....shame as he looks for real.

Let's see.

Wright hit 2 HR's tonight.

Shelton hit a HR and raised his avg over .350.

Melky Way took a 0-3, was pinch hit for and looked shaky almost running into Matsui in the 1st inning.

Tough loss tonight on a bad hop.

Thought Wright had tied it with that shot in the 9th.

Need to win tommmorow and then look to Pedro on Sunday to stay in the Wild Card hunt.

I'll be there. Next 2 games at Shea will shape our season. The time to run is now.

Enjoy T-Mac and you are correct in that a couple of losses could make us definite sellers.

Just because a player plays in a particular city shouldn't be enough reason to warrant giving someone a ROY. Granted, making the case for Cano having more ABs is ok, Shelton can't really do much about that because he had Pena in front of him up to about a month ago. But I wouldn't bet on Shelton's BA dropping below .300 this year. He's got one helluva an eye and can crush the ball a mile. He's one problem right now has been that he is so great on offense but sub-par on D. But the defense will improve in time. Hopefully, Shelton will be our first baseman for a long time, but I definitely think he should be considered for ROY.

Found out on CBS that a MLB rule prevents Shelton from consideration for the ROY award.

A Rule-5 player with the Tigers in 2004, Shelton is not a rookie, despite only 46 at-bats all of last year.

Because aside from Beltran's horrible performance aside from when Pedro's on the mound and Jose Reyes base stealing and SOMETIMES fielding skills, that's all they have to talk about.

Remind us again how many times you have quit on your players,manager and team? Thought so...Thanks.

As for Wright, he is better than Cano or Melky Way and Mets fans talk FAR Less about Wright then you guys about your two young players.

If Wright was a Yankee we would be reading posts here on how he's the next Mike Schmidt.

Why isn't it legally possible for Shelton to be the ROY? He's batting in the .340's, has 7 homers, 26 RBI's, in only 36 games.

And you'd be suprised the power and influence I wield, bucko 8)

Something to do with him being a Rule 5 Draft player Stormy. Makes him ineligible.....shame as he looks for real.

Let's see.

Wright hit 2 HR's tonight.

Shelton hit a HR and raised his avg over .350.

Melky Way took a 0-3, was pinch hit for and looked shaky almost running into Matsui in the 1st inning.

Tough loss tonight on a bad hop.

Thought Wright had tied it with that shot in the 9th.

Need to win tommmorow and then look to Pedro on Sunday to stay in the Wild Card hunt.

I'll be there. Next 2 games at Shea will shape our season. The time to run is now.

Enjoy T-Mac and you are correct in that a couple of losses could make us definite sellers.

David Wright decided to make the highlights with his bat tonight. He went 4-for-5 with a three-run homer and six RBI in a 9-1 win over the Padres.

He also had his 12th stolen base to go along with his 17th homer and 30th double. The four hits and six RBI matched his previous career highs.

22 years old and probably the best young hitter to come along in NY since Jeter though Derek took a few years before putting up these type numbers.

Wright has shown all the tools already, he hits for power , average and has speed and he hits with RISP.

If Willie hadn't waited so long to move him up in the order we may be looking at a 30 -120 season out of Wright.

It is no longer "assumed".

David Wright went 4-for-5 with two solo homers, four runs scored and a walk tonight.

20 Hr's....82 RBI's ....82 Runs....314 avg....14 SB.

David Wright is a star.

No disrespect to Cano and Melky.

Sign in to follow this  

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company