how bout dem Holes

afosomf

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Maryland played a better game, no other way to say it.

Carolina has alot of things to work on, and yesterdays game just showed it even more. Their defense (or lack thereof) has got to be a top priority

When Frasor first went down, I thought no big deal. This team is deep enough and experienced enough to win without him.

Then I realized who his backup was. Quentin freakin' Thomas.

Oh well. 18-1 is still great.

I think they needed that to wake them up, they really haven't been playing that good lately.

However, that is true. Roy Williams teams often do this garbage, and then all of a sudden in one moment, boom, they wake up. The year the heels won it all, that moment was again, against Maryland in the Dean Dome.

McCants and company were playing horrible, and they were down about 6 or 7 after a Maryland run. Roy calls a timeout, yells at the players, breaks a clipboard in half, and benches every last one of 'em. They then made three 3's in a row, and never looked back again. I really thought that was about to happen in the game the other night. Oh well, cant win 'em all I suppose.

oh, ,and Holes is what NC State fans call UNC,,not Duke fans,,

Duke comes up with classier stuff ..you can do better :D

Duke and classy should never be in the same sentence from the fansto the players to Krashoofski. Check out the clips of Paulus from last week's FSU game.

When Frasor first went down, I thought no big deal. This team is deep enough and experienced enough to win without him.

Then I realized who his backup was. Quentin freakin' Thomas.

However, that is true. Roy Williams teams often do this garbage, and then all of a sudden in one moment, boom, they wake up. The year the heels won it all, that moment was again, against Maryland in the Dean Dome.

McCants and company were playing horrible, and they were down about 6 or 7 after a Maryland run. Roy calls a timeout, yells at the players, breaks a clipboard in half, and benches every last one of 'em. They then made three 3's in a row, and never looked back again. I really thought that was about to happen in the game the other night. Oh well, cant win 'em all I suppose.

Losinf Frasor clearly hurt but Quentin didn't play poorly against MD, that's not why the Heels lost. They played w/o passion and hustle for 3/4 of the game, MD wanted it more and they got it. I thought the close calls against Clemson and Ga Tech would wake them up but I was wrong, hopefully this one actually does wake them up and they begin playing for 40 minutes.

Losinf Frasor clearly hurt but Quentin didn't play poorly against MD, that's not why the Heels lost. They played w/o passion and hustle for 3/4 of the game, MD wanted it more and they got it. I thought the close calls against Clemson and Ga Tech would wake them up but I was wrong, hopefully this one actually does wake them up and they begin playing for 40 minutes.

No, sorry. I should have clarified...I just plain ol dont like Quentin Thomas, lol. If there was a way to clone Lawson, and keep him in at all times...well that'd be amazing.

No, sorry. I should have clarified...I just plain ol dont like Quentin Thomas, lol. If there was a way to clone Lawson, and keep him in at all times...well that'd be amazing.

Obviosuly we'd want Lawson on the floor 40 mins if that was possible, Quentin is not very good and clearly nowhere near as good as Frasor but the Heels can survive w/ QT in short spurts. We had a similar situation w/ Felton in '05 and they survived.

Obviosuly we'd want Lawson on the floor 40 mins if that was possible, Quentin is not very good and clearly nowhere near as good as Frasor but the Heels can survive w/ QT in short spurts. We had a similar situation w/ Felton in '05 and they survived.

And everytime he came on the court I had to hold my breath the entire time. He turns the ball over so much you might as well just let the opponent keep posession.

losing fraiser hurt bad. a solid 6th man is absolutely crucial to a championship run. unc will likely still be a 1 seed when it's all said and done but a deep tourney run is going to depend on some guys stepping up to fill that void. a good starting five can get you to the dance but it can't get you to the final four.

Danny Green is probably the best 6th man in the Country. Carolin astill has decent depth, not great like last year or good before Frasor got hurt but it's still decent and alot of teams would like to trade rosters w/ the Heels as very few have as good of a starting 5 as the Heels.

memphis lets me down every year in my work bracket-- they are never tested!!! don't believe the hype!

They lost in the elite 8 the last 2 years and they are alot better this year. Their conf stinks but they were tested in the non conf and passed. Right now nthey sure look like a Championship caliber team, I can change my mind depending upon who is in their bracket but as of today I'd pick them for the FF.

• 1 month later...
Another? the only early exit the Heels have had in recent years was '06 , a year after they lost the top SEVEN players from the previous year.

ya that was a odd statement from 124,,they may go early, but historically that was a strange statement

• 2 weeks later...
ANd who is your team?

Sorry, but its easy to be a UNC fan. I stick with one program, Michigan, for all sports. I however during tourney time, since Michigan is almost never a factor, root for Gonzaga, Villanova and the underdogs.

Oh wow, the UNC Tarheels beat absolutely nobody, and Louisville, and made the Final Four, led by their soon to be NBA bust Tyler Skeleton Hansboroguh. Yipee!!!

Their region was incredibly loaded.

Sorry, but its easy to be a UNC fan. I stick with one program, Michigan, for all sports. I however during tourney time, since Michigan is almost never a factor, root for Gonzaga, Villanova and the underdogs.

Now I see why you are upset, Michigan stinks in football and basketball.

Loaded is a pile of crap!!!! they had 4 striaght home games

If they beat kansas they will have deserved it

The East was LOADED. Let's look at the roads of the #1 seeds(minus the 1st rd as they all had easy 1st rd games):

North Carolina:

beat 9 Arkansas 108-77

beat 4 Wash State 68-47

beat 3 Louisville 83-73

Arkansas was 6th in others receiving votes so let's call them 31.

Wash State was ranked 21

Louisville ranked 13th.

average ranking of opponents: 22

average seed: 5

Kansas

beat 8 UNLV 75-56

beat 12 Villanova 72-57

play 10 Davidson

UNLV 4th in others receving votes category so we'll call them 29.

Villanova did not receive any votes

Davidson ranked 23.

I'll call 'Nova 40 since they didn't receive any votes.

average ranking of opponents: 31

average seed: 10

Memphis

beat 8 Miss St 77-74

beat 5 Mich State 92-74

play 2 Texas

Miss St 9th in others receiving votes so we'll call them 34

Mich St 18th

Texas 7

average ranking of opponents: 20

UCLA

beat 9 Tex A&M 51-49

beat 12 W. KY 88-78

beat 3 Xavier 76-57

A&M 11th in others receiving votes so we'll call them 36.

WKU 10th in others receving votes so we'll call them 35

Xavier ranked 12.

average ranking of opponents: 28

average seed: 8

Yeah, the Heels had an easy road to the Final Four:yawn:

The East was LOADED. Let's look at the roads of the #1 seeds(minus the 1st rd as they all had easy 1st rd games):

North Carolina:

beat 9 Arkansas 108-77

beat 4 Wash State 68-47

beat 3 Louisville 83-73

Arkansas was 6th in others receiving votes so let's call them 31.

Wash State was ranked 21

Louisville ranked 13th.

average ranking of opponents: 22

Kansas

beat 8 UNLV 75-56

beat 12 Villanova 72-57

play 10 Davidson

UNLV 4th in others receving votes category so we'll call them 29.

Villanova did not receive any votes

Davidson ranked 23.

I'll call 'Nova 40 since they didn't receive any votes.

average ranking of opponents: 31

average seed: 10

Memphis

beat 8 Miss St 77-74

beat 5 Mich State 92-74

play 2 Texas

Miss St 9th in others receiving votes so we'll call them 34

Mich St 18th

Texas 7

average ranking of opponents: 20

UCLA

beat 9 Tex A&M 51-49

beat 12 W. KY 88-78

beat 3 Xavier 76-57

A&M 11th in others receiving votes so we'll call them 36.

WKU 10th in others receving votes so we'll call them 35

Xavier ranked 12.

average ranking of opponents: 28

average seed: 8

Yeah, the Heels had an easy road to the Final Four:yawn:

Heh Skippy, the other #1 seeds played them on a neutral court.

Archived