Painful to Be A Jets Fan

PeterNorth09

Watching this game and a scrappy Giants team with an actual pass rush, an offensive line made up of big, strong players and a Quarterback who could make plays just made me think: WHY CAN'T THE JETS HAVE ANYTHING LIKE THIS?

The Jets have no pass rush because Mangini wants to run his silly 3-4 schemes with 4-3 players, seriously, name one player on our front 7 besides David Harris and maybe Eric Barton, who wants out by the way, who can actually play well in a 3-4 scheme.

Our quarterback situation sucks. Pennington is as good as gone and Kellen blows.

Year after year the Jets have to have one of the most undersized and weakest offensive lines in the league.

And for all this hoopla about the free agent spending spree that's going to happen this off-season two teams in our own division, the Dolphins and Bills, have more cap room than us.

Giants fans should never, ever complain about anything.

Even when Seubert was hurt, they just brought in another beast. And their RT was our RT. Same s___, different year.I can hope may be given the beasts Callahan employed with the Raiders, things MUST change. But it seems like this franchise makes the same mistake over and over.No Randy Thomas, no Pete Kendall, trading down and taking Farrior rather than just taking Pace. If it's one thing you can see in bothe SB teams and any SB teams-big, mean cohesive OL units.It's not some secret, and yet for as long as I've rooted for this team, under every administration, seems like everyone tries to do arguably the most improtant thing on the team on cheap. And that never works.

Even when Seubert was hurt, they just brought in another beast. And their RT was our RT. Same s___, different year.I can hope may be given the beasts Callahan employed with the Raiders, things MUST change. But it seems like this franchise makes the same mistake over and over.No Randy Thomas, no Pete Kendall, trading down and taking Farrior rather than just taking Pace. If it's one thing you can see in bothe SB teams and any SB teams-big, mean cohesive OL units.It's not some secret, and yet for as long as I've rooted for this team, under every administration, seems like everyone tries to do arguably the most improtant thing on the team on cheap. And that never works.

No Randy Thomas, No Pete Kendall, No Kareem Mackenzie (your welcome Giants fans).

But the Jets are $27 million under the cap. Too bad two f'n teams in our own division have even more cap room than us.

Watching this game and a scrappy Giants team with an actual pass rush, an offensive line made up of big, strong players and a Quarterback who could make plays just made me think: WHY CAN'T THE JETS HAVE ANYTHING LIKE THIS?

The Jets have no pass rush because Mangini wants to run his silly 3-4 schemes with 4-3 players, seriously, name one player on our front 7 besides David Harris and maybe Eric Barton, who wants out by the way, who can actually play well in a 3-4 scheme.

Our quarterback situation sucks. Pennington is as good as gone and Kellen blows.

Year after year the Jets have to have one of the most undersized and weakest offensive lines in the league.

And for all this hoopla about the free agent spending spree that's going to happen this off-season two teams in our own division, the Dolphins and Bills, have more cap room than us.

Giants fans should never, ever complain about anything.

We had a very similiar team in 04 that was a smart coach and clutch kicker away from goin into NE and playing the AFC strap, but we didnt want to open the vault to keep some important free agents and replacing Kareem McKenzie with Scott Gragg and Jason Ferguson with James Reed worked to perfection. Shame on us. NOw we are left picking up the pieces again. Typical Jets. But I wont be jealous at the Giants. THey deserved it today.

We had a very similiar team in 04, but we didnt want to open the vault to keep some important free agents and replacing Kareem McKenzie with Scott Gragg and Jason Ferguson with James Reed worked to perfection. Shame on us. NOw we are left picking up the pieces again. Typical Jets. But I wont be jealous at the Giants. THey deserved it today.

Yeah I know things really started to go south for us Jets fans after 2004. We let Mackenzie and Ferguson go, two actual contributors, and franchise overrated stat whore John Abraham.

Then Bradway trades our first round pick essentially for Doug "I'm a Scrub" Jolley and Mike Nugent. I've been bitching and complaining about everything that has happened since. The complaining is not going to stop until this organization gets serious about winning again.

Osi, Strahan, Tuck......the ability for these 3 guys makes the rest of the defense so much better. Compare that to our Oline.....so weak

Watch the Jets not even try to go after Jared Allen this off-season. Regardless of how badly he abused D'Brickahsaw. Regardless of how sh*tty the 3-4 defense has worked out for us. Who needs a pass rush when you have Dewayne Robertson and Shaun Ellis trying to occupy blockers?

Watch the Jets not even try to go after Jared Allen this off-season. Regardless of how badly he abused D'Brickahsaw. Regardless of how sh*tty the 3-4 defense has worked out for us. Who needs a pass rush when you have Dewayne Robertson and Shaun Ellis trying to occupy blockers?
If KC doens't franchise him, he should be call #1, and Faneca #1a. And enough about character issues with Allen, after picking up Abraham Elam, that nonsense is out the window. Heck, having run into someone last week who knows the personal scumbag side of Eric Barton,this franchise has some pair of balls if they want to talk about character.

I couldnt have said it better.. it is so hard to be a jet fan.. but we love them and we will stick with them forever... I just hope I get to see them in a super bowl one day.... I think we can say all we want about the players but we have to start looking at the coaches now....

Drop the 3-4!

Brian shottenheimer overated

If KC doens't franchise him, he should be call #1, and Faneca #1a. And enough about character issues with Allen, after picking up Abraham Elam, that nonsense is out the window. Heck, having run into someone last week who knows the personal scumbag side of Eric Barton,this franchise has some pair of balls if they want to talk about character.

I'm so sick and tired of this garbage about the 3-4 defense and finding "character" guys. All that got us as Jets fans was a 4-12 record last year.

The Jets have only one viable starter in a 3-4, David Harris, and he would probably do just as well in a 4-3. If Mangenious wants to stick with the 3-4 the Jets will be using all that cap room they have to sign front 7 players otherwise the defense will once again be hideous next year.

if Herm doesn;t franchise Jared Allen, he will not live to tell about it

KC fans already can;t stand the tool

We need to start from the ground up

How many keepers do we really have on this team

Watching the Giants come in there with Bradshaw, the Pack getting Grant...Grant and Ward right under our noses, but we go out nad spend Milllions on Jones

We do not have enough talent evaluators...and if we do, they need to go

We need to start from the ground up

How many keepers do we really have on this team

Watching the Giants come in there with Bradshaw, the Pack getting Grant...Grant and Ward right under our noses, but we go out nad spend Milllions on Jones

We do not have enough talent evaluators...and if we do, they need to go

What are you talking about? Anthony Schlegel, Kimo Von Oehlhoffen, Kevan Barlow, Darian Barnes, Anthony Clement, Adrian Clarke, Marques Tuiasosopo, Brad Smith, Jacob Bender, Pociask and Andre Dyson don't aren't talented enough for you?

I mean what does the game really stand for now????? Our owner is peice of sh*t c*ck sucker. I have to live in hell for two weeks. Every time I turn around I see Giants blue and there fans running out of the *****ing mouth, but guess what it's not them I'm pissed at. I'm jealous that our team isnt getting a shot at a world championship. Does our fu**ing owner even care that his fans have to watch this sh*t. That we continue to support this worthless product you put on the field. We pay for season tickets, jets merchandise and we even travel to watch this team play. DO SOMETHING FOR US!!!!! More then anything I feel for the older Jet fan. Personally I'm going to be 25 and have season tickets, was in Pitt in 2004 and travel every year to see them play a game or two and I feel like this team rips my heart out ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLL the time, but for the older Jets fan who was around for the Cleveland loss and even around for Shea, I feel for you. It's been a long time waiting for all of us, but the older Jet fan knows of pain more then most of us. WOODY DO SOMETHING FOR US, GIVE US A PRODUCT THAT CAN COMPETE FOR A WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP OR SELL YOUR TEAM TO SOMEONE WHO CARES!!!!

I mean what does the game really stand for now????? Our owner is peice of sh*t c*ck sucker. I have to live in hell for two weeks. Every time I turn around I see Giants blue and there fans running out of the *****ing mouth, but guess what it's not them I'm pissed at. I'm jealous that our team isnt getting a shot at a world championship. Does our fu**ing owner even care that his fans have to watch this sh*t. That we continue to support this worthless product you put on the field. We pay for season tickets, jets merchandise and we even travel to watch this team play. DO SOMETHING FOR US!!!!! More then anything I feel for the older Jet fan. Personally I'm going to be 25 and have season tickets, was in Pitt in 2004 and travel every year to see them play a game or two and I feel like this team rips my heart out ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLL the time, but for the older Jets fan who was around for the Cleveland loss and even around for Shea, I feel for you. It's been a long time waiting for all of us, but the older Jet fan knows of pain more then most of us. WOODY DO SOMETHING FOR US, GIVE US A PRODUCT THAT CAN COMPETE FOR A WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP OR SELL YOUR TEAM TO SOMEONE WHO CARES!!!!

All Woody cared about was getting the City fo New York to pay for that silly west side stadium. After that got shot down in 2005 you can tell he lost interest in winning and putting a product out there for the fans.

Is it any coincidence that since 2005, when the west side stadium got shot down, the Jets record is 18-30?

All Woody cared about was getting the City fo New York to pay for that silly west side stadium. After that got shot down in 2005 you can tell he lost interest in winning and putting a product out there for the fans.

Is it any coincidence that since 2005, when the west side stadium got shot down, the Jets record is 18-30?

I've been saying that forever. Thats sad that our owner has lost passion because he didnt get his way. Cry about it Woody

I have not lived in the NY area for 16 years, and that may be part of the reason why I am pulling for the Giants in the SB. I don't have to endure the abuse all you locals do, and I hate the Pats worse. Guess I am getting soft in my old age, but I sure wish we had a team with the guts and discipline of the Giants. If the Giants win, I can simply ignore the phone calls from my friends after the game. Caller ID is a terrific innovation.

I'm so sick and tired of this garbage about the 3-4 defense and finding "character" guys. All that got us as Jets fans was a 4-12 record last year.

The Jets have only one viable starter in a 3-4, David Harris, and he would probably do just as well in a 4-3. If Mangenious wants to stick with the 3-4 the Jets will be using all that cap room they have to sign front 7 players otherwise the defense will once again be hideous next year.

you're right on about the offensive line, we need some juggernauts, not some light pussies that couldn't push over a sand castle.

As the 34 bashing goes, i don't agree. Mangini has always said that he is willing ot play whatever front works in stopping the offense. I call bull ****. He only changed the defense when he finally came to the realization that coleman, robertson, and ellis were not big enough to handl the downlinemen side of things.

When he did switch things up, we DID run the 43 defense, and i know you saw it. the front 4 went, coleman, robertson, pouah, and Ellis (listed as OLBer). You can't convince me that mangini did that to drop ellis into coverage.

No surprise either that that was the game we beat Pitt.

If mangini can pull his head out of his ass long enough to see we have strong enough players to play a 4 front, but not a 3 front, we will have a solid defense next year. If he sticks with the 3 downlinemen, i'll join you in being pissed off.

IMO, mangini has realized we need 4 linemen, or 2 new linemen. The 34 debate is irrelevant.

you're right on about the offensive line, we need some juggernauts, not some light pussies that couldn't push over a sand castle.

As the 34 bashing goes, i don't agree. Mangini has always said that he is willing ot play whatever front works in stopping the offense. I call bull ****. He only changed the defense when he finally came to the realization that coleman, robertson, and ellis were not big enough to handl the downlinemen side of things.

When he did switch things up, we DID run the 43 defense, and i know you saw it. the front 4 went, coleman, robertson, pouah, and Ellis (listed as OLBer). You can't convince me that mangini did that to drop ellis into coverage.

No surprise either that that was the game we beat Pitt.

If mangini can pull his head out of his ass long enough to see we have strong enough players to play a 4 front, but not a 3 front, we will have a solid defense next year. If he sticks with the 3 downlinemen, i'll join you in being pissed off.

IMO, mangini has realized we need 4 linemen, or 2 new linemen. The 34 debate is irrelevant.

I'd like to agree with you and believe Mangini is flexible enough to change the scheme but until I see what happens on draft day and free agency I'll still be skeptical.

Mangini saw all the success Crennel and Belichick had in New England with the 3-4 he fell in love with the scheme. Only problem is he doesn't have Richard Seymour, Ty Warren and Vince Wilfork. He has D-Rob, Ellis and Kenyon Coleman.

Archived