Why do you approve/disapprove drafting Gholston at #6?

Untouchable

I've voiced by opinion on Gholston's inconsistent play, but I do think he has the ability to be a Merriman-esque playmaker at OLB.

Assuming McFadden and the Long boys are off the board, is Gholston your favorite for our 1st round selection?

We need a playmaking passrusher and it's likely we won't sign a guy like Suggs in fee agency. I like Derrick Harvey but there are major questions as to whether he could play OLB in a 3-4 scheme and many would consider him a reach at #6.

I've voiced by opinion on Gholston's inconsistent play, but I do think he has the ability to be a Merriman-esque playmaker at OLB.

Assuming McFadden and the Long boys are off the board, is Gholston your favorite for our 1st round selection?

We need a playmaking passrusher and it's likely we won't sign a guy like Suggs in free agency. I like Derrick Harvey but there are major questions as to whether he could play OLB in a 3-4 scheme and many would consider him a reach at #6.

well, since the draft is 3 1/2 months away, i have no favorites yet. There is a lot to be decided about FA's & roster cuts between now and then. I'll wait until March to start seriously thinking about it.

from what you just said, that's probably why most think ghoulston would be a reach at the 6th spot along with harvey. if we trade down and we could get him that would be decent. if one of the top 5 ahead of us take a QB then we will get one of the longs, mcfadden, dorsey, or the linemen from boise.

The positives about Gholston.

1. Good body and strength

2. great pass rusher and finisher.

3. looks like he can play in space.

The negatives about Gholston

1. Watching the National Championship game his motor isn't great, appeared to be "not hustling" on every play.

2. He is young

Archived