Does anyone want Chad to stay ?

ChrisNYJ824

Should Chad stay a Jet?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Should Chad stay a Jet?

For years now everyone has been complaining about Chad's arm strength and how he can't throw the deep ball. But after watching Kellen Clemens for the final 8 games, does anyone out there actually think this team can win more than 5-6 games next year with him ? Look I like Kellen, but I don't love him. He has good mobility and a good arm. But he lacks so much more. With Chad, I feel he can take this team to the Super Bowl. He is one of, if not the smartest QB's in the league. He has pin-point accuracy and he manages a game like no other. With a healthy and strong O-Line Chad is a proven winner. Throw out his arm strength for a second..... is there anything else you can actually complain about ? Ok yes, he can't bring us back from a large deficit but how many qb's can? Maybe if our defense wasn't on the field for the whole game Chad wouldn't have to bring us back from a 20pt deficit. I just think everyone has become so obsessed with the deep pass that you'd rather sacrafice everything else Chad has for a so-so QB with a good arm. Kellen Clemens seemed very erratic and nervous all the time. Granted his O-Line was horrible and he didn't have many weapons. But then again, neither did Chad ! I think is we beef up our O-Line and get chad some playmakers on offense, he can turn this whole thing around. And I also may be jumping the gun on Kellen and writing him off, I just think Chad is the answer and he gives us our best chance at winning games.

Let me know whatcha's think.:)

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Beware of the Clemenites!!!!

LOL, just kidding. I've loved Chad as QB for us over the years but I think it's time to move on and give KC a chance. I wouldn't mind if we brought back Chad to compete with Clemens but then Chad would proably beat him out and start so basically we'd be right where we were week 1 of last season.

Personally, I say we trade Chad and move on with Clemens.

IrishJet wants to keep him around just so he can lick his balls some more if he were to start and have one of his famous 21-26, 187 yards, 1 TD, 2 INT performances. ;)

You want him to stick around so you can give him an F for performances that would get Clemens A*'s.;-)

LOL, I'm pretty sure I stated that I wan't us to move on and trade Chad.

You want him to stick around so you can give him an F for performances that would get Clemens A*'s.;-)

LOL, I'm pretty sure I stated that I wan't us to move on and trade Chad.

I still think Mangini is being ignorant in not implanting Nuge as the starting Quarterback. Mangenious my ass.

;)

For years now everyone has been complaining about Chad's arm strength and how he can't throw the deep ball. But after watching Kellen Clemens for the final 8 games, does anyone out there actually think this team can win more than 5-6 games next year with him ? Look I like Kellen, but I don't love him. He has good mobility and a good arm. But he lacks so much more. With Chad, I feel he can take this team to the Super Bowl. He is one of, if not the smartest QB's in the league. He has pin-point accuracy and he manages a game like no other. With a healthy and strong O-Line Chad is a proven winner. Throw out his arm strength for a second..... is there anything else you can actually complain about ? Ok yes, he can't bring us back from a large deficit but how many qb's can? Maybe if our defense wasn't on the field for the whole game Chad wouldn't have to bring us back from a 20pt deficit. I just think everyone has become so obsessed with the deep pass that you'd rather sacrafice everything else Chad has for a so-so QB with a good arm. Kellen Clemens seemed very erratic and nervous all the time. Granted his O-Line was horrible and he didn't have many weapons. But then again, neither did Chad ! I think is we beef up our O-Line and get chad some playmakers on offense, he can turn this whole thing around. And I also may be jumping the gun on Kellen and writing him off, I just think Chad is the answer and he gives us our best chance at winning games.

Let me know whatcha's think.:)

Ive been saying the same thing about chad. He proved 2 seasons ago with a good OL he'll be successful. I believe he led us to a 10-6 season and a comeback player of they year award.He led us to our first victory in 7 tries against NE. Give him a good OL and he will excel. 4 seasons ago he had a good OL, and he led us to a playoff victory and without Doug Brien we go to the afc championship with him which wouldve been our first visit since 98 with Vinny. He is a winner. Build this OL, and I guarantee hes our starter next year and we go to the playoffs. Just remember that last sentence next year. 90% of this board will be eating crow next year.

Ive been saying the same thing about chad. He proved 2 seasons ago with a good OL he'll be successful. I believe he led us to a 10-6 season and a comeback player of they year award.He led us to our first victory in 7 tries against NE. Give him a good OL and he will excel. 4 seasons ago he had a good OL, and he led us to a playoff victory and without Doug Brien we go to the afc championship with him which wouldve been our first visit since 98 with Vinny. He is a winner. Build this OL, and I guarantee hes our starter next year and we go to the playoffs. Just remember that last sentence next year. 90% of this board will be eating crow next year.

I agree with you that Chad could go 10-6 with the right personel - but if the right trade package comes along I would deal him.

IrishJet wants to keep him around just so he can lick his balls some more if he were to start and have one of his famous 21-26, 187 yards, 1 TD, 2 INT performances. ;)

LOL, says the guys who voted yes.;-):shock:

I like Chad as a QB but he can only have limited success here, if he were to go to Minny or Baltimore I think he could excell and possibly lead them to a championship.

I'll keep him...every team need a good backup. However if a good deal comes....I wouldn't be mad IMO.

Theres a reason we will get good deals. If a team has a good OL they'll make a good trade, because they know he'll produce with a good OL.

IJ, the only reason I want Chad to return is because I want Kellen to have to win the starting job in Training Camp. I do not want the job given to him because then what is the point of getting rid of Chad if he is the better option?

Kellen has to earn this job after an up and down 2007 season.

IJ, the only reason I want Chad to return is because I want Kellen to have to win the starting job in Training Camp. I do not want the job given to him because then what is the point of getting rid of Chad if he is the better option?

Kellen has to earn this job after an up and down 2007 season.

I would agree with bringing back Chad if that were the reason.

The problem I think that Chad would not be content in being a backup. IMO he could still be a productive starter in this league.

I would agree with bringing back Chad if that were the reason.

The problem I think that Chad would not be content in being a backup. IMO he could still be a productive starter in this league.

If he loses to Kellen you either have the best back-up in the league in 2008 and then trade him next offseason or you trade him at the end of the Preseason to a team whose Quarterback just went down for a number of games or the season (that happens a lot recently) or you release him. You have to have competition for Kellen in Training Camp this year. You have to.

Theres a reason we will get good deals. If a team has a good OL they'll make a good trade, because they know he'll produce with a good OL.

O yeah I agree....I think people will be surprise what we can get for him. Smart QB play can win you a SB if you have the right supporting cast. (See Bucs, Ravens)

If the Jets aren't upgrading at QB this off-season then yes I would like to have Pennington back. He is the best QB on our roster.

What will probably happen is Tangini trades Pennington for a 3rd round pick and signs some scrub like Josh McCown to come here and be Clemens' back-up next season.

If the Jets aren't upgrading at QB this off-season then yes I would like to have Pennington back. He is the best QB on our roster.

What will probably happen is Tangini trades Pennington for a 3rd round pick and signs some scrub like Josh McCown to come here and be Clemens' back-up next season.

I think you are right. But also I think that Chad's value is higher than a third round pick.

I want the best player to play that gives us the best chance to win. That being said, if someone offers us a good trade that will help this team more then it does keeping him, trade him. If not keep him, because of what's out there on f.a. market. Not much right now that is better then Chad.

I say keep him, assuming Tannenbaum doesn't get a great offer. The policy should be that any player is dealable for the right price, but no one should be dealt for less than what they're worth to the team.

124 said it best. If Chad's the best QB for the team next year(meaning Kellen is unable to beat him out), then we're going to need to look in the draft the following year--meaning Chad should start next year.

Anybody who wants Chad to stay is someone who likes to root for a losing franchise.

There is not 1 reason to keep him and his ****ty right arm.

Wasnt he the guy who came back form 2 shoulder surgeries to lead us to the playoffs at 10-6? Wasnt he the guy who got us a playoff victory and without Doug Brien screwing us he wouldve got us to our first afc championship since 1998? He is a warrior and he plays well. When we went 4-12 in the last year of the herm era he was out for the season and we collapsed. Notice the two years he led us to the playoffs we had a good OL. This year he played crappy at times with a putrid OL. He even played alright with this OL. What gives him a bad season this year is he threw bad interceptions at the worse times. First game vs NE he played well and then he hurt his ankle. After that he played alright except the bad interceptions. I guarantee if we had a good OL this season he could get us to the playoffs. You cant blame him 100% for the bad season. Sure he gets a lot of blame, but c'mon the coaching was horrible, and our line was horrible our defense didnt step up until after the bye week when Chad wasnt starting. Notice Kellens interceptions were the same type of ones Chad threw. When 2 qb's throw the same int on the same looking plays that falls on the playcalling. Also some of his interceptions that cost us games the defense let the opposing team comeback and force Chad into those last drive situations. If the defense played all year like they played for Kellen half of those picks wouldve never happened, and some losses wouldve never happened. He doesent deserve to be blamed for the bad season He couldve done better, but he didnt have an all star OL. Give him a better OL and some better play calls he gets us to the playoffs.

They won ONE game with Pennington starting. Three less than with KC starting. It doesn't matter about Clemens. It is obvious that Chad is through. A really good team might be able to carry him some, but any good defense anywhere can shut him down.

or Clemens 14-31 191 0td 2 int:confused0082:

Either way I think we are in trouble at QB!

Archived